Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Whilst bots lower prices, the ultimate aim is to create unworked for gold , which then finds its way back into the system via the goldsellers. This drives inflation. Like printing counterfeit money. Inflation is needed and will be encouiraged by Blizzard to reduce players and goldsellers gold pools.

Deleted
    I think people suggesting 200-300% are overestimating drastically. Between WotLK & Cata there was barely a 100% increase, hell a lot of gems still cost the same now as they did in WotLK.

I say inflation. While playing the beta I have made 3k gold from trash and quest rewards. I have been DE'ing all the greens that I have been getting. My monk is only 3/4 away from 88 so thats alot of gold just from questing, trash, and random dungeons.

classic i had 1k gold once and i thought OMFG i'm rich
    bc it went up to 20k
    wotlk up to 50k
    and now in cata i got 200k+

the only things that stop gold from going up steady is real life influence (trading gold for gamecards/trading card stuf) and stuf from vendors (repair,the auctionhouse fee, some minor items)
    1 run trought ds gives you around 700g - repairs = 600g left

Mop beta what i heard is that the gold goes up again, more gold from mobs, and as allways nothing to actualy buy from vendors that you need. Buy this rusty old lvl 1 sword for 1 silver ! eh no dude i got epix? dafuq ^^

+ 1 realy important change -> AOE loot, for lazy dudes like me that kinda never klick right (exept quest tells me to do so) will realy push aoe farming and general looting ^^

I think inflation in that gold will be worth less due to the simple fact that the same activities you do at any expansion cap will with each expansion award more gold for the same amount of effort.
    Costs will go up on many items simply because of gold losing value the easier it is to earn.
    Particularly on items which are no longer being actively gathered/crafted such as those from past expansions.

However for current expansion items the impact of AoE looting could result in a far greater supply than previous expansions have seen, so could not see quite the price hike that early sources for those rushing their professions typically drive.

Inflation or not, I have question - will gold cap be raised? Is gold cap same on beta now as on live (1 mil without 1 copper)?

Deleted
    Yes, the gold cap is still 1mil (-1 copper) gold on the beta.

Deleted
    Well, since they have added more char space, the server gold cap have increased :P

Anyways, big inflation as said. It's a good time to save a couple of hundred of thousands and buy TCG mounts or rare pets (either to learn or sit on them and sell them for far more that what they cost now). Other things on the AH won't change as much as to make the effort to spend hundred of thousands golds on them to sell back. Zzzz.

I would be cautious on pets, though. Rare world drop ones may end being easy to catch.

@ Saeglo

AoE-Looting have a big impact for me, at least on beta. Sometimes i like to farm some old instances, and believe me or not, the time i spent to fight is the same time as to loot items now. With AoE-Looting i only need the time to loot one enemy, so i have a lot more time to farm items.

Also professions are now much easier: Clothfarming on low-level-items is so extreme more convenient that i have a lot more time to spend on other activities. The Gold and Time increase is really enorm.

So yes, AoE-Looting may have the same impact as in BC when they created the first daily quests in 2.1!

gold is worthless now. Pretty much everyone is sitting on at least 50k because Blizzard just threw gold at everyone this expansion. When MoP launches expect to easily see mats going for 1-2k a stack because people just have nothing to spend their hundreds of thousands of gold on.