Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes there is...

Deleted
    try disabling all the nvidia hd audio devices if u dont use them on the other screens, This might enable the realtek hdmi again tho idk why it isnt there in 1st place if its worked before...

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried that, no luck. Uninstalled them (leaving just my headset installed) Windows auto reinstalled them all, still no luck.

Deleted
    idk then, Only option i can think is to pull the nvidia card out and see if Realtek HDMI appears. If noot then i dont think it supports hdmi audio. Tho i think its more to do with nvidia imo.

Theres a few posts from years ago with newer nvidia drivers blocking other hdmi audio but that was fixed with newer gfx drivers.

I still dont understand why theres no hdmi audio devices listed tho...

Also u said u used Windows update for the intel 3000 drivers, Windows update doesnt install the latest or full driver set so it might be the issue.

Try installing the latest intel gfx and nvidia gfx drivers from their site, NOT windows update.
    Last edited by mmoc1d03ea7d9d; 2012-04-21 at 03:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    idk then, Only option i can think is to pull the nvidia card out and see if Realtek HDMI appears. If noot then i dont think it supports hdmi audio. Tho i think its more to do with nvidia imo.

Theres a few posts from years ago with newer nvidia drivers blocking other hdmi audio but that was fixed with newer gfx drivers.

I still dont understand why theres no hdmi audio devices listed tho...

Also u said u used Windows update for the intel 3000 drivers, Windows update doesnt install the latest or full driver set so it might be the issue.

Try installing the latest intel gfx and nvidia gfx drivers from their site, NOT windows update.

Which would all make perfect sense if the other TV wasn't working.... (at least to me)

Deleted
    What is the date on the nvidia drivers and intel gfx drivers installed?

The ATI drivers windows update installed when i got my hd 5850 were only 20MB in size, 18 months out of date and had no hdmi software with it. To get it to work properly with my LG tv i needed the 130MB driver pack, not the 20MB out of date one from WU. Its the same with the intel gfx drivers too. The size difference alone should show WU is crap for drivers if the latest offical ones are 5x bigger on the hardware makers site..

The hardware might have 101 features, but M$ only put bare minimum drivers on WU with no feature support or needed control panels for configuring hardware.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nvidia driver version 295.73

In any case... wouldn't the drivers in question be the Intel 3000 ones? (Not found a link to download these right from the Intel site as opposed to through Windows Update)
    Last edited by Djinni; 2012-04-21 at 04:44 PM.

Deleted
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...ivers&lang=eng

nvidia upto 301.10

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 06:08 PM ----------

Also from another site with same issue..

"I have the same board and CPU as you and figured this out last night. You have to set your intel GPU as primary in the bios then windows automatically loads the hdmi audio drivers"
    Last edited by mmoc1d03ea7d9d; 2012-04-21 at 04:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...ivers&lang=eng

nvidia upto 301.10

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 06:08 PM ----------

Also from another site with same issue..

"I have the same board and CPU as you and figured this out last night. You have to set your intel GPU as primary in the bios then windows automatically loads the hdmi audio drivers"
    got:
    From the intel one

Nvidia is only on GeForce 296.10 Driver for the 500 series.

Done the NVidia ones now.. no change.
    Last edited by Djinni; 2012-04-21 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    What is the version installed atm?
    The pack contains :
    * Graphics: 8.15.10.2656
    * Display Audio Driver: 6.14.0.3090

Id install the drivers anyways as the audio driver is newer. The version number its saying is installed atm looks like a Microsoft version from sp1 ages ago.

The display driver is only slightly older but the audio driver is much newer.

Is there also the option to set the intel gfx as primary in bios?.

EDIT: the "High Definition Audio" in device manager is the intel audio device, How old is the current driver?
    Last edited by mmoc1d03ea7d9d; 2012-04-21 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the version installed atm?
    The pack contains :
    * Graphics: 8.15.10.2656
    * Display Audio Driver: 6.14.0.3090

Id install the drivers anyways as the audio driver is newer. The version number its saying is installed atm looks like a Microsoft version from sp1 ages ago.

The display driver is only slightly older but the audio driver is much newer.

Is there also the option to set the intel gfx as primary in bios?.

EDIT: the "High Definition Audio" in device manager is the intel audio device, How old is the current driver?
    Yeah... think so.. not sure I'd want to loose any performance on my gaming screens for it though.

Deleted
    I doubt you will loose any performance at all imo... Its only a minor number change and not a big version jump.. Its still 8.15.10... Its also going to update the audio driver from 1/2011 sp1 driver to a few weeks old one..

intchdmi.sys is the file the audio drivers deal with.
    Last edited by mmoc1d03ea7d9d; 2012-04-21 at 05:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorted... it was the Intel Display Audio Driver.

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 06:51 PM ----------

I doubt you will loose any performance at all imo... Its only a minor number change and not a big version jump.. Its still 8.15.10... Its also going to update the audio driver from 1/2011 sp1 driver to a few weeks old one..

intchdmi.sys is the file the audio drivers deal with.
    The performance different I was referring to was using the intel graphics as the primary. sorry.

Deleted
    Sweet, I wouldnt use WU again for drivers lol as it sucks balls getting everything u need...

Deleted
    I have just joined this site to tell of my experience to stop people from going through the frustration i experienced.
    in my case i found that my graphics cards hdmi out wasn't switching my tv's sound input on when i booted up. All i did after days of hell was turn off my freeview box which was connected to my second hdmi before booting up Hope this works but i have afeeling there are lots of different reasons for this annoyance.

Thanks for your input, fixerchris, but this thread is 8 months old. Normally, thread necromancy is an infractable offense.

Closing this.