Poll: Rate the BM concept

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Interesting concept, i played as a battlemage in oblivion, and that i really loved.

Deleted
    LAst Update B4 posting in the Official Forums XD. Any suggestions, this is the time!!! Or at least vote =P

I see Battle Mage as a distant future 4th spec for a mage to allow it to tank.

Deleted
    wow. pretty detailed. magic tank!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil23 View Post
    wow. pretty detailed. magic tank!
    So, would you enjoy playing it? Does it have a nice "flavour"?

It isn't a terrible idea, but I just don't see the point of adding something like this, and the game doesn't need another cloth wearer. I don't find your gameplay ideas to be particularly compelling or interesting. Also, the game most definitely does not need any more "hero classes."

The hero class concept was ultimately a failed experiment to me, because in an mmo environment, no one class can truly be on a higher level than others just for the purposes of balance. So, really the only heroic part of DK for instance is that they start at level 55 with a cool class-exclusive questline. That makes the class feel somewhat special, but utterly ruins the balance of people playing whatever class just because people are lazy and the lure of starting a character at level 55 appeals to them. Hence, you always see shitloads of DKs running around constantly, and they'll always be one of the more populated classes for that reason alone.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimmy View Post
    It isn't a terrible idea, but I just don't see the point of adding something like this, and the game doesn't need another cloth wearer. I don't find your gameplay ideas to be particularly compelling or interesting. Also, the game most definitely does not need any more "hero classes."

The hero class concept was ultimately a failed experiment to me, because in an mmo environment, no one class can truly be on a higher level than others just for the purposes of balance. So, really the only heroic part of DK for instance is that they start at level 55 with a cool class-exclusive questline. That makes the class feel somewhat special, but utterly ruins the balance of people playing whatever class just because people are lazy and the lure of starting a character at level 55 appeals to them. Hence, you always see shitloads of DKs running around constantly, and they'll always be one of the more populated classes for that reason alone.
    I'm happy for now that you at least didn't find it a terrible idea =). Ofc not everyone should want to play it, otherwise if it ever were implemented, there would be only Battlemages. Alhough I agree the game does not need another cloth wearer, I think it's all about the flavour of the gameplay, and I think that's what it's all about. Furthermore, a clothy tanky could appeal to many =). Now about the Hero class troubled existence, I don't think DK's are OP in any way, I know they started out as, but not at the moment. You have to remember that in order to have a DK, a player must already have another toon of that lvl or near, which ultimately refutes your idea of people wanting a DK because it starts already in mid-game. So people can just continue with their vanilla class, there is no benefit with starting a DK from that point forward. So I say the hero class works well nowadays in wow, and I see no downside to other classes when it comes to lvling, pvp or pve, and I welcome other hero classes, since all they really have different is their starting zone. PS: I must agree that DK's are indeed one of the most populated classes, but I don't think it's because of them having an edge against other classes, but only because people find the Hero class title somewhat alluring or the class itself. Bringing back other hero classes like the Demon Hunter and Dragon Sworn would, I believe, clutter the DK's population =)

Didn't read
    Voted "Complete waste".
    Hope that helps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zixi View Post
    Didn't read
    Voted "Complete waste".
    Hope that helps
    LOL are you this "premature" in every decision in ur life? Poor thing

Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    LOL are you this "premature" in every decision in ur life? Poor thing
    If you think that Video games are life decision than I feel sorry for you.
    I'm not trying to be rude here, I'm just stating my opinion.If you can't handle
    simple criticism, then it's you who is "immature"

Deleted
    If you think that Video games are life decision than I feel sorry for you.
    I'm not trying to be rude here, I'm just stating my opinion.If you can't handle
    simple criticism, then it's you who is "immature"
    W/E ¯\_("~)_/¯ , go preach to another chapel plz. u gave ur opinion WITHOUT reading. That says it all. BB

W/E ¯\_("~)_/¯ , go preach to another chapel plz. u gave ur opinion WITHOUT reading. That says it all. BB
    I read "Battlemage ideas" and that was enough.That horse has been beaten to death, buried, exhumed and beaten further...

Deleted
    I read "Battlemage ideas" and that was enough.That horse has been beaten to death, buried, exhumed and beaten further...
    Exactly, I bet you also judge books by their cover don't ya? Kudos 2 u XD.

I voted "complete waste"

WoW has too many Classes already, and it's already an imbalanced mess. Adding more would only make this issue worse
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Exactly, I bet you also judge books by their cover don't ya? Kudos 2 u XD.

Your idea sucks, can't you just deal with it instead of insulting people

you got this idea from Dragon Age:Origins didn't you =P

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by windfish View Post
    you got this idea from Dragon Age:Origins didn't you =P
    I see you know ur games well =). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ what can I say? U got me =P. I also see u voted for it being "just another idea", and I would really like to ask if u could plz tell me why u think that, since u already proved to know about good games, I was wondering what is it that's lacking in this concept =S. Can u just give me clue =)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crestt View Post
    I am with darth on this, I would love the concept of a cloth wearer tanking; I myself have personally wished there was a geomancer class that used earth to tank with
    I was just going to reply about the same thing but saw your post so a quote would suffice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arida View Post
    I was just going to reply about the same thing but saw your post so a quote would suffice
    I am trying to help us achieve that dream =)