Poll: Rate the BM concept

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Cool idea. I would think they should wear Mail armor though. Puts more of the "Battle" in Battle Mage, and it gives more than one spec the ability to use INT Mail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    The idea is very appealing, I've always wanted a battle mage, however I'd prefer if the mechanics were a bit more... unique.
    Lol I knew this issue would come up eventually! I think there are obvious similarities with the mage class, namely the specs. Aside from that, I honestly see a unique mechanic for this class, since its the first to dwell between two very different worlds, that of mana users and that of energy users. Anyway, this is still my first edition and if u could expand on ur comment I would certainly take in consideration what u have to say =)!
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-10-17 at 12:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smigel View Post
    Cool idea. I would think they should wear Mail armor though. Puts more of the "Battle" in Battle Mage, and it gives more than one spec the ability to use INT Mail.
    And what do u think of plate armor hey ?

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Looks Fun, why? To combat the lifeless trolls here who are negative at all times. plus it's just a good idea.
    Good answer XD!

Deleted
    OKAY for your entertainment and for my great rejoice I finally have succeeded in posting the talent tree here.

So just look for the author's name:xikfreits and u will find all my classes. Then you can come here and vote =).

CYA

http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot.com/

Deleted
    I really love the "idea" of a battlemage although its not you own. The choices you made are fine, I just dont think a cloth wielder should tank.

A battlemage for me is a frenzied melee zealot who charges into battle ussing offesive magic and enchanting his melee weapons with fire, ice, lightning etc.

Knockback, Stun and desorient abileties come into my mind. Wielding two weapons would make two handed combat very nice and i would make him wear plate. Just too bulky and heavy for fast paced combat. more like heavy leather or mail.

Maybe a mechanic where you put debuffs on the target, much like rogues and ignite them, blow them up, freeze them and do other funny stuff. You place the debuffs by melee hitting them.

Also something like battle avatar comes to my mind... transformation into elemental shapes, void or pure energy... Some abiletys of the mage in diablo 3 are very interesting

Battle mages are my fav class
    Wow is missing a cloth melee class anyway (as well as a plate ranged).

This looks like it belongs in the Rift forums. Cool idea, but not for wow. But this is the kind of out of the box thinking that wow needs to overhaul EVERYTHING. they've done it before.

Rather than creating a new class... create a new Spec. At level 40, when mail turns to plate, the mage chooses between two questlines. One keeps him/her in cloth gear and takes them the way of our reg mage, the other teaches them how to wear INT plate and gives them access to melee and new spells. Then, the mage is still a Mage, but their path splits.

I love the prospects of being a magic user who also Melees, hence why I enjoy being a DK.

...However..I would enjoy sending torrents or arcs of energy at my foes kinda like Ichigo's Getsuga Tensho in Bleach.

That'd be visually awesome and cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mûe View Post
    I really love the "idea" of a battlemage although its not you own. The choices you made are fine, I just dont think a cloth wielder should tank.

A battlemage for me is a frenzied melee zealot who charges into battle ussing offesive magic and enchanting his melee weapons with fire, ice, lightning etc.

Knockback, Stun and desorient abileties come into my mind. Wielding two weapons would make two handed combat very nice and i would make him wear plate. Just too bulky and heavy for fast paced combat. more like heavy leather or mail.

Maybe a mechanic where you put debuffs on the target, much like rogues and ignite them, blow them up, freeze them and do other funny stuff. You place the debuffs by melee hitting them.

Also something like battle avatar comes to my mind... transformation into elemental shapes, void or pure energy... Some abiletys of the mage in diablo 3 are very interesting
    so you want an enhance shammy then

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mûe View Post
    Why I thank you for ur kind comment but I think you misread something or didn't read at all hmm... =P. So I'll just answer one at a time.
    I failed to understand if u were saying it's not my idea or if u prefer a different concept lol. Ty, but this isn't acloth weilder nor has any tank spec =).

It does have enchantments mate. If u check the ability tree that's the first choice a battlemagi does. Then there are abilities that depend on that enchantment as well.

LOL that's all in the ability tables XD. Stun and disorient and knock back are the most required for an arcane spec but freeze plays an important role for frost spec. It does dual wield but it has the nique ability to wield to handed staves in the off hand as that is a defining trait of Blizzards warmage/battlemage class. I didn't want this class to use leather nor mail because i wanted to not only create the first plate pure dps spec, also because I wanted to stay faithful to the battlemage class and for balance purposes, since we already have a mail melee agility based enh shaman and I don't want the battlemage to be very fast paced.

Yes that seems fun but since this is meant to be a slow but heavy melee class, the only exception being arcane spec because of agility affinity, I will gladly use that mechanic for another class I am preping. Spoiler: it will cloth wearer and have a melee spec

That sounds interesting and fun. I will see what I can do =). But just a heads up, if I do it it's gonna be as a talent so u really should learn how to access the talent grid =P
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-11-16 at 06:27 PM.

I always loved the Battle Mages in Vanilla Stratholme.

Deleted
    New classes is one of the last things this game needs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Battle mages are my fav class
    Wow is missing a cloth melee class anyway (as well as a plate ranged).
    Yeah too bad they arent playable riiight =P? But this ain't a cloth class m8 but it does has a ranged intellect plate spec! FIRE

I really don't like how it has Mage in its name and uses the three Mage specs, and also think Blizzard would never implement an idea that is so thematically similar to an already existing class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    This looks like it belongs in the Rift forums. Cool idea, but not for wow. But this is the kind of out of the box thinking that wow needs to overhaul EVERYTHING. they've done it before.
    Gee thx m8! Glad u see something interesting in here. But I did make it for wow and if u think its better for rift thatn I must have done smthing wrong =S

I would like to start my post by saying that I love battle mages. If I could add any class to the game, it would be a battle mage. But I don't expect it to ever happen sadly. I suspect that blizzard would make any new class something more unique than a cross between two current classes. (Warrior and Mage.) I think the closest we'll ever get is the enhancement shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad idea. I honestly love battle mages, but I think enhancement shaman and windwalker monk already fill the gap (and of course regular mages in PvP gear are close-ish).

It takes the best elements of monk, enhancement shaman, and mage.

I think it'd be a tad too popular, too. Almost seems "too cool".

Deleted
    An interesting idea, although i dont like the specs being the same name as a regular mage, needs something different.

I think they should have a background being a hybrid between a warrior and a mage, much like the paladins are between warriors and priests.
    Something like front line mages who were forced to use plate armor to enhance their survivability in hand to hand combat, or warriors who were more attuned to magic and have learned magical attacks to supplement their close combat fighting abilities.

They would wear int plate so it's no longer intended for only 1 spec, and should be able to melee/range DPS and tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomercyBeastmaster View Post
    Rather than creating a new class... create a new Spec. At level 40, when mail turns to plate, the mage chooses between two questlines. One keeps him/her in cloth gear and takes them the way of our reg mage, the other teaches them how to wear INT plate and gives them access to melee and new spells. Then, the mage is still a Mage, but their path splits.
    thx but no thx =). What is it with people wanting to ruin a perfectly unique and new way of playing and chossong instead the same old same old?

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 09:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I love the prospects of being a magic user who also Melees, hence why I enjoy being a DK.

...However..I would enjoy sending torrents or arcs of energy at my foes kinda like Ichigo's Getsuga Tensho in Bleach.

That'd be visually awesome and cool.
    U could go with the fire spec of this class and have lots of ranged attacks =)