Poll: Which

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Anyone who votes DS must have never raided other expansions.

Naxx
    Sunwell
    ICC

these where awesome end game raids just a shame they ruined naxx for most people by recycling content

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    Naxx
    Sunwell
    ICC

these where awesome end game raids just a shame they ruined naxx for most people by recycling content
    Remember; Recycling Naxx made for the ability to produce Ulduar.

ICC and DS for me.

For it's length and that, ICC! It did seem drawn out and might've been longer than it had to have been (Ulduar was long, but never seemed drawn out and padded), but in the end, ICC had a fitting atmosphere and a kick ass final battle that you wanted to win because you so wanted to kick Lich King's ass for the shit he did. The mechanics were well done, too. Good bit of moving around, having to pay attention to the fights, and so on.

DS, from a storytelling standpoint, and though you'll get sick of seeing it because of the LFR and all of that, is one of the better ones. Lots of lore to soak in with the Aspects and Thrall. Plus both parts of the DW fight are well done, especially the Madness fight. I don't know. Dragon Soul gave me more of a "everything depends on you" feel, as if everything goes to hell in a handbasket if you don't win. Plus, the ending cinematic makes me really want to see what happens next. Wrath's ending didn't do that for me (though it left me with some questions, it didn't make me look forward to the next xpac as the Cata ending did). The fights fit what the story was about and are tuned correctly to give you a chance to fail, but in a way where you know you fucked up if you did wipe (no cheap deaths).

I guess the better one, for me, would be DS. Surprised?
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    Naxx
    Sunwell
    ICC

Sorry but 1% of the people that did it at lv 60 are not most people.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Anyone who votes DS must have never raided other expansions.
    Or liked how they told the story in DS (was the first to use cinematic storytelling like they did). It showed me how far along Blizzard has come in actually telling us the story of the game.
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfstan View Post
    stupid to vote for sunwell since nobody completed it (except hardcore guilds)
    OG Naxx was any different?

---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 02:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    Or liked how they told the story in DS (was the first to use cinematic storytelling like they did). It showed me how far along Blizzard has come in actually telling us the story of the game.
    It just used more of. ICC used cinematics to tell us the story as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    For me it goes in the order the poll is presented..

Naxx
    Sunwell
    ICC
    DS

Though i would still rank Ulduar above all of these raids. Gorgeous design and bosses with multiple difficulties. I honestly thought Blizz was entering the renaissance of raid design, and then we got ToGC (-.-)
    Completely agree. Ulduar was amazing and left me in awe while ToGC was a bit of a letdown. The no trash part of ToGC made it nice and quick though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Remember; Recycling Naxx made for the ability to produce Ulduar.
    I was stoked for Naxx 2.0! Having only ever stepped in the entrance and dying to spider mobs in vanilla i was excited to kill KT!

ICC was freaking awesome. We were just stuck raiding it for a year and a half.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

ICC is my second best raid, losing only to Ulduar.

I imensely enjoyed it. The atmosphere is great, the bosses were really fun and, of course, it had the final showdown against Arthas.

It was also the best time in WOW, where I had the most fun with the people who I raided with, so it does push my opinion towards liking it the most.

Though I have to say, SWP sure is beautiful and is a fitting end to the BC storyline. If I had to choose which was the best final patch lorewise, I would have to go with the BC one: Queldanas Isle, Magister Terrace and SWP, even though the raid itself ranks about #7 for me.

ICC. best atmosphere and fights of any raid I have ever been in.

Black Temple was kind of fun. I enjoyed it the first 5 times. I was very, very ready for the release of WotLK though.

Correct Answer: Not DS

I never did original Naxx and I never got to Sunwell until Wotlk as I was a new raider in TBC, so Ill vote for ICC...could have been better, but was still a great instance overall, Arthas and Putricide are amongst my favorite boss fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're listing Sunwell, you should list Ruby Sanctum for Wrath. The final raid of BC was Black Temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    If you're listing Sunwell, you should list Ruby Sanctum for Wrath. The final raid of BC was Black Temple.
    It was? Youre technically right about Ruby Sanctum but youre wrong about black temple...

How can someone even vote on DS =p

naxx***

corrupted ashbringer ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    I see your point, but not really. Sunwell did make sense to the lore, was well developed with lots of trash, 6 hard-as-hell bosses and beautiful scenario, and I believe was intended all along by Blizzard. If you beat Kaelthas, he already made us know that he was alive and we knew Killjaeden was coming. It just was not very nice to Illidan, to be put away from the expansion final boss throne like this.

Ruby Sanctum was a filler raid, feels rushed, has only 1 room, few trash, 3 mini-bosses and only 1 boss. It didn´t even had achievements apart from the common "kill the last boss". It also doesn´t connect to the story of the expansion at all...

Also, saying Halion (who?) deserves the title of expansion final boss is a falacy.

I dunno, for me it's gotta be a combo between Naxx and the Sunwell..... ICC and DS were both anti-climatic, in part due to the massive nerfs. If you were a long time fan of the franchise like myself, I just thought it sorta stunk that you could go through the Lich King's fortress and one shot it all in about 2 hours lol.... considering that we waited over 5 years to battle the guy. Also, not being able to obtain the Ashbringer sword or Frostmourne was kind of a drag.