Poll: Which

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i think aesthetically, ICC wins, and in terms of accessibility with regards to not being too casual friendly or too hardcore, ICC wins, and in terms of being entertaining enough to keep my interest for a really long lull in content, ICC wins

10+ Year Old Account
    ICC for me too, really enjoyed the times raiding there, took ages to down the lich king with my little guild back then, but it felt like sich a victory to do so.

Just something to add, I always use to think of AQ40 as the final raid in vanilla, given C'thun seemed way more a larger villian then kel'thzard. But AQ40 was released 1.9, naxx was released 1.11, weird.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Jeez ICC is absolutely destroying everything haha, I was sure that Sunwell could of had some contest.
    I would attribute most of that to ICC being much more accessible due to the Normal/Hardmode 10/25 split. It was a good raid as well, but I would bet the amount of people that saw Kil'jaeden and the Lich King while they were current would vastly favour the Lich King.

Opinions differ as well (even if theyre wrong ).

My favorite raid ever was Temple of Ahn' Qiraj, Black Temple and Ulduar. But out of those 4, it will have to be Dragon Soul. I really liked it I don't care what anybody says.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

I quit shortly after cata release so I have no DS experience.

I voted for sunwell since the poll says "raid" but if it was final boss I would have voted for Heroic LK 25 man as that's my favorite boss fight (sunwell is my favorite instance).

Deleted
    ive only really raided DS as current content, but when i went back and did ICC, it still had an epic feel too it. especially the room the lich king is in

Well, I really like Deathwing fights, and honestly I was expecting it to be 4 fighhts, not two. And before him the bosses are lackluster, with no history.

ICC has ABSOLUTELY CRAZY, with some build up characters as Saurfang, Blood Council, and Sindragosa. And even characters that popped out had a background that made sense.

Sunwell had the same feel, with a lesser extension.

Original Naxx I never knew. But it looks a little over-the-top.

So I'll go with the crowd and against the vocal minority that made Cataclysm a hell, and say ICC. I'm happy that Tom Chilton finally have the cards to play with the best formula WoW had one more time at MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelfor View Post
    Thats not how its supposed to be. It has to be accessible, yet fun and interesting. My vote goes to ICC, BS about ICC being too easy, show me your pre-nerf HM LK kill, lol show me your HM sindra/PP kill. Not possible since no one killed LK pre nerf on Hc.
    Correction: Thats not the way you like it. I like it when hardore raids are less accessible. It makes it more interesting, and real... It doesn't really make sense that 50% of 12 mill players killed the Lich King himself. Thats why my vote goes to naxx. It was epic, very hard overall, only the most dedicated guilds could succeed in Naxx. while the more casual players had a great time doing more accessible content, naxx served a purpose for them as well.. they got a feeling that there is something which is way beyond them, it made the game more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    ICC. I didn't get a chance to experience Naxx original, I was a noob and was stuck in a guild doing ZG, Ony and MC joint runs. I also didn't get a chance to experience Sunwell, was stuck in a guild doing Kara, Gruul. I finally got a chance to kill an end boss in ICC and it felt great, because I was in a guild that progressed through the content. And at the end of the encounter, I felt like our raid killed LK. Unlike DW, who you hit his body parts and adds. It just didn't feel "right."

While I used to be a hardcore Sunwell fan, Ive had a change of heart. ICC all the way, the only downside to it was that it lasted too damn long.

Deleted
    Bit of a squewed poll really as alot of people didnt get to Sunwell/Orig Naxx, they were alot harder for raid groups to get to back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm jelly of my brother getting to kill M'uru pre-nerf and kill KJ. I remember how happy he was when he killed KJ.

Anyways, I'll choose ICC.

I've tried Sunwell (It's a blast I must admit) and finished DS(It was amazing the first time, got boring the later times)

ICC had a great enviroment, story, music, and feel to it and the bosses were really fun. Never bothered doing it on my hunter, rather my brother's shaman.

I remember the days of Zul'Aman, Kara, and Gruul. Jeez, been a long time.
    Last edited by GeordieMagpie; 2012-04-22 at 04:20 PM.
    Howay the lads!

Deleted
    Naxx I wasn't hardcore enough to experience.
    Sunwell had FAR too many balancing problems with shamen stacking and the like.
    ICC had a few problems, but was probably my favorite. Before the buff stacked too high Putricide was a fantastic mix of "Don't fuck up" followed by a solid dps race, LK Heroic to this day is one of my favorite encounters.
    DS has been pretty poor. Wouldn't be so bad for a previous tier, but as the final one in the expansion I expect better, definitely consider it worse than T11 and probably worse than FL pre-nerf. MOD just doesn't feel right for the "final" boss, Ragnaros would have done a better job (And I'm not talking about difficulty, I'm talking about mechanics).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7v9427AjpM

Yea you can make anything look epic with fancy music and camera views, but it's been tried with other instances as well and nothing compares to this, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfstan View Post
    stupid to vote for sunwell since nobody completed it (except hardcore guilds)
    wasn't in a hardcore guild and was on muru pre nerf, try again.

note mention LK fight was a joke for all the "build up", while it had a lot of interesting mechanics fight wise, the lore part of the battle was just dafaq level, ret paladin remembers he can "bubble" at the end of the fight, no sylvanis, muradin, ect - they could of made the fight feel 10 more epic with proper npc roles.

And nothing has made me go oh damn like KJ popping out of the sunwell for the first time (his model was actually much larger then currently is) and fight while leaning a lot on book lore felt truly epic.
    Last edited by Stormspellz; 2012-04-22 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfstan View Post
    stupid to vote for sunwell since nobody completed it (except hardcore guilds)
    Most ppl didn't even set foot in there much less kill a boss. While many ppl on here claim to have cleared it unless every single player that ever did happens to be active mmo-champ forum posters several are lying like crazy.

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 09:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    wasn't in a hardcore guild and was on muru pre nerf, try again.
    Odd since I am pretty sure that would have made you top 150 or so in the world and I am pretty sure higher then that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Most ppl didn't even set foot in there much less kill a boss. While many ppl on here claim to have cleared it unless every single player that ever did happens to be active mmo-champ forum posters several are lying like crazy.

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 09:32 AM ----------

Odd since I am pretty sure that would have made you top 150 or so in the world and I am pretty sure higher then that.
    Top150 world contains plenty 3 nights a week guilds, which generally isn't considered hardcore.

bad troll is bad?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-04-22 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    Blizzard HQ.

Naxx original was great for its time...it really feels like you are raiding enemy territory (in the wotlk Version, so I can only imagine what it was like back in vanilla)
    But ICC has that seem feeling only then worked out better. The ending was lame, but that aside, it was great. Could have been a lot better (IF mal'ganis with/or the scarlet onslaught was involved like Blizzard initially intended to do in the crimson/scarlet wing of ICC)

Never did DS, so no opinion on that (i quit wow before firelands patch)

And SWP was nice and BEAUTIFUL but it lacked a good story, especially that friggin Anveena +kalecgos thing at the end...that was just messed up. You either didn;t know who she was or if you did you were dissapointed to know what she exactly was....lame story imo

If only Ulduar or KArazhan were final raids...Those are still the best raids imo

EDIT: my opinion is based on the look/feel/story of the raid, not the mechanics or tuning.....I don't care much for that :P
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande