Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    ....Caffeine is now apparently a sedative?
    No, but you would think it would be common knowledge by now, that some people react differently than others.

maybe 99% of people get energy from caffeine. But some people may very well react differently. It is not the first time i have heard of people getting tired from coffee. it is actually a well known complaint.

But to be blunt. your original statement, of it being chemically impossible, is as wrong as statements can get.
    Last edited by mmoc3e885d321a; 2012-04-20 at 04:40 AM.

I just run for like 20 minutes and that wakes me up, and its good for you ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    F this shit, you're way better trying what Fahrenheit said or even tomato juice mixed with some sour cream, salt and black pepper (add more juice, not cream, and watch the amount of salt).
    ...Wait what? o.O

I guess i should go into more detail, I don't feel "worn down" during the day, I have problems staying awake. I have a very boring, repetitive, sedimentary job (411 operator), and an ever-changing schedule. This causes me to have issues staying awake starting 3-4 hours into my shift. I had been using NOS energy drinks to make up for the difference in energy (I'm otherwise a hyperactive person) from lost sleep, but, y'know, there's that whole "Bad for you" thing. (And they cause insomnia, supposedly...not a good thing.) Thus why I'm looking for alternatives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enohpi View Post
    No, but you would think it would be common knowledge by now, that some people react differently than others.

maybe 99% of people get energy from caffeine. But some people may very well react differently. It is not the first time i have heard of people getting tired from coffee. it is actually a well known complaint.

But to be blunt. your original statement, of it being chemically impossible, is as wrong as statements can get.
    No it's not. Either he's not actually drinking something with caffeine or he's got a serious problem with his brain chemistry. In which case his worry shouldn't be having energy but not dying.

Deleted
    No it's not. Either he's not actually drinking something with caffeine or he's got a serious problem with his brain chemistry. In which case his worry shouldn't be having energy but not dying.
    Again..
    That is just not true. You do not need a "serious problem" to react differently to caffeine.
    Just the fact that you think he is in mortal peril, if he reacts to caffeine differently than you, shows a remarkably narrow view of chemicals
    That some people get tired from caffeine is a well established fact.

I am sorry. But the chemical responses of our brain is not black and white. Ask a doctor, any doctor, and he will tell you.
    Last edited by mmoc3e885d321a; 2012-04-20 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    Your statements are wrong. Quite alot of people actually get sleepy when drinking coffee or other hot drinks. Caffeine doesn't have the same effect on all people and some doesn't react to caffeine at all, but quite a lot of people gets sleepy when drinking hot beverages. Its not a serious problem in brain chemistry but a result of peoples bodies react differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikistos View Post
    Title says it all. I've been trying to get my days going without any kind of energy drinik the last few months, but I just don't have the same energy that I did back when I was starting my workday with a NOS. I can't switch to coffee, it puts me to sleep. Suggestions?
    I work for a Health and Fitness company. We sell a supplement that is a natural energy booster.

I used to consume at least one 24oz. Rockstar a day, plus a ton of other soda. When I decided to change my life I had to find another way to keep my energy levels up because I was consuming so much caffeine and sugar, that without it, I crashed all the time.

If you aren't interested in a supplement, a good nights sleep (and having it be a habit, same time to bed, same time waking up), a healthy diet and staying hydrated will help immensely.

Deleted
    WRONG, if you have a high tolerence to caffine the caffine you get can cause zero 'up' but stil cause the crash. same way alot of energy drinks have high sugar the sugar and caffine give you no up just a huge insulin responce causing you to crash. Also hydration changes the effect if dehydrated more caffine dehydrates you more and faster and i would love you to bring up any study showing dehydration as a stimulant or physical bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockmonky View Post
    I just run for like 20 minutes and that wakes me up, and its good for you ^.^

tell your knees and hips that at 40. running isn't good for you. power walking is low-impact and burns more calories. people refuse to look like an idiot so they jog.

Deleted
    ...Wait what? o.O

I guess i should go into more detail, I don't feel "worn down" during the day, I have problems staying awake. I have a very boring, repetitive, sedimentary job (411 operator), and an ever-changing schedule. This causes me to have issues staying awake starting 3-4 hours into my shift. I had been using NOS energy drinks to make up for the difference in energy (I'm otherwise a hyperactive person) from lost sleep, but, y'know, there's that whole "Bad for you" thing. (And they cause insomnia, supposedly...not a good thing.) Thus why I'm looking for alternatives.
    Exactly what I've said, just try it. But use some proper sour cream, like 15-25%, not that 10% crap you ordinary see. Or what that guy said, cold water mixed with lemon (or lime if you don't mid it being a bit sour) and sugar.

Obviously it will not be anywhere near the burst of energy you get from an energy drink, but it will also be generally good for you, instead of having such destructive aftermath. But it will be more of a temp replacement till you can get by yourself, rather than something you'll rely from now on. Also, so far, majority of the posts here are just telling you to switch from one harmful addiction to another a bit less harmful.

You need to decide if you want to give up on all that chems or you can't already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraug View Post
    Vitamin Water
    About the same sugar wise as coke.

Sugar free energy drinks? or sugar free coke? (diet or zero)

people havent mentioned a good nights sleep

Deleted
    Don't consume any caffeine products for a few weeks, including (but not limited to) tea, coffee, cola, energy drinks or any fitness workout products.

You will be amazed at how your body responds to a sip of coffee when you didn't have any caffeine for a month

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    How about you try sugar free energy drinks?

I personally cannot stand the ones with full sugar as yeah... Tons of extra calories for no real benefit.

Rockstar 0 carb or Monster Absolute 0 are not bad.
    This. If you understand how sugar alternatives work and watch out for their negative effects and compensate for them you'll be fine. After switching a few years ago to 0 sugar energy drinks I can't stand the taste of the ones with sugar now. Too sweet, too unhealthy. Bleh.

There's something wrong with your diet or sleep schedule if you're tired in the mornings. Correcting these would be the best and healthiest step towards achieving what you want.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

Deleted
    Healthy alternatives to energy drinks?
    That'd be pretty much everything, is there is one type of drink that is unhealthy and doesn't give you an energy boost at all it is energy drinks.
    Try vitamin water / orange juice etc.

For great energy drink plenty of water. People drink way to much caffeinated products these days and it leaves you dehydrated. You chug that energy drink for a boost but in reality it hurts you because you work out and it dehydrates you when you need fluids the most. The best thing for quick energy before any work out hands down is an apple or something with pure apple juice in it. Always drink 8- to 16 ounces of water a few hours before , and then the same right before your workout, and the same during your workout.

You would be amazed at how your body feels, the aches and pains that go away, and how much energy you have, all from drinking the right amount of proper fluids.

I was on the energy drink fix for a long time too. I felt like I needed them to have any energy.
    I had to do a major overhaul to my diet/lifestyle to live without them. I put fruit (strawberries/kiwis) in my cereal with soy milk. I eat meat only once in a while. I started taking walks and biking roughly an hour a day, 3-4 days a week. I quit soda altogether and drink lots of water + multivitamin every day. Now I have tons of natural energy without feeling hooked by all the stimulants in those energy drinks and I've lost 15lbs. Anytime I think about wanting an energy drink or soda again I just remind myself how much better I feel without them.

A proper diet and good exercise.

If you need energy drinks to wake you up or keep you alert there is something wrong with your diet or you are not exercising enough.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Deleted
    Title says it all. I've been trying to get my days going without any kind of energy drinik the last few months, but I just don't have the same energy that I did back when I was starting my workday with a NOS. I can't switch to coffee, it puts me to sleep. Suggestions?
    Apples give more of an energy boost than the caffeine in an average sized coffee.