Deleted

Beta Bad Luck ...

Hey Guys!

First of all I would like to state that this post is not about a discussion or anything else.
    I simply want to state my situation and tell you about my "bad" luck ^^

Maybe someone feels like me?

Well ... I've been waiting for Diablo 3 Beta invite for months ... and I've participated in about 20 contests to get a key ...
    Last week I finally got an Email from Blizzard with a Beta Invite ... for Mists of Pandaria!
    Omg ... I quit WoW couple of months ago and I'm not planning on returning because I find MoP ... well ... let's say "not appealing".

It kinda suxx to be invited to beta test a game that you don't want to test while the same company won't invite you to the game you want to play...
    I guess that couple of people will think "why did you enroll for WoW-Beta tests in your account settings?" and the answer is quite simple. A year ago (when I was still playing WoW) I simply checked all games for Beta opt-in.

Well ... this is my story
    I call it "bad" luck and I'm really looking forward to D3 on May 15th.
    See ya there *g*

TheCrusader

Deleted
    Part of me wants a invite. The other want's to not spoil a thing and get the whole experience and "Wow!" Factor on release ^^

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivaxo View Post
    Part of me wants a invite. The other want's to not spoil a thing and get the whole experience and "Wow!" Factor on release ^^
    You're honestly not missing much. There's not much content between level 1 and 13 and you're very limited on gear "exploration". You have less than a month to wait for the full release, and I'm positive that the wait will be worth it.

Deleted
    Well ... I got to play the beta for about 10 minutes yesterday during that bugged period where everybody could log in ... and my hype was renewed ... maybe that's the reason I found the "energy" to write that - well, to be honest - completely senseless post that will annoy more people than it does good

I found that first 10 minutes on my newly created Monk very exciting and i see the Beta - besides testing the game and reporting bugs and so on - as a possibility for the player to pre-decide on a class that he'll roll on release.
    If I know what I want class I want to play i can enjoy release even more because I can have a complete playthrough before rerolling again ...

well, but that are my thoughts on it

I got the beta invite for Daiblo 3, then when I try to install it, it tells me that my computer is below the minimum system requirements >.<

The Diablo 3 Beta really has little to do with experiencing the game and more to do with testing out the servers and balancing a few abilities. You can quite literally blow through the storyline in a little under an hour if you just plow through from point A to point B. It's just like the Diablo 2 Stress-Test Beta where it was a very short scenario.

If only 'wanting' a beta invite guaranteed you one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was so stupid I bought annual pass...

3 months after I stopped playing WoW.

Tried Diablo 3 beta. Was crap and I dont look forward to it anymore (give me GW2 instead pls).

Got a MoP beta invitation - Im not going back to WoW so meh.

Deleted
    I call you a douche for taking someone elses key, someone who is waiting for a MoP key like you are for D3, because you ''simply checked all boxes'' and couldn't be bothered to uncheck one once you stopped playing WoW. Don't fool yourself, you took someone elses MoP key with your behaviour, you don't deserve a D3 key. Someone else is having ''bad luck'' not getting a MoP key because you took- and wasted it.

Mod Edit: No need for insults.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-04-19 at 05:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    I call you a douche for taking someone elses key, someone who is waiting for a MoP key like you are for D3, because you ''simply checked all boxes'' and couldn't be bothered to uncheck one once you stopped playing WoW. Don't fool yourself, you took someone elses MoP key with your behaviour, you don't deserve a D3 key. Someone else is having ''bad luck'' not getting a MoP key because you took- and wasted it.

Who are you refering to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Who are you refering to?
    I would assume he is referring to the OP, as he has clearly just ticked all of the boxes for beta invites and is now angry that he didn't get the one he wanted.

Dang, that really is bad luck, OP. While MOP sounds interesting, there's little to do on the beta besides quests and one dungeon. If you quit WoW, you probably wouldn't enjoy playing on the beta right now.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

beta is beta. don't cry so much. most of the shit is very limited and buggy for MoP and D3.

Ouch, i dont think id play mop if it were released tomorrow for free.

Only like 11 days left in beta, you would end up loving the game and having to quit for 2 weeks (like other beta users).

As others have pointed out all you really learn (if you have played other arpg's) is the ui and menus.

I'm sort of in the same boat, MoP Beta with no sign of D3.. won't be buying MoP but D3 is pre-ordered >< sucks but atleast there's not long left to wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most Blizzard betas are there for you to actually test the content. Unlike the demo/beta's that other companies like to release to showboat the product. They want you to find bugs, report them, break things, etc. If you have fun in the process, great, but that's not the goal of being a tester.

Blizzard can only find so many bugs so they rely on quirky users to do things they can't script/imagine that might generate a bug report.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post

since I have the annual pass i would have gotten a MoP Key nevertheless ...