Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Good for you! But keep in mind that it can be unhealthy and outright dangerous if you lose wight too fast, so set up a steady pace and dont get too greedy with losing the weight since it can damage you aswell (too much loose skin doesnt look great when it looks like you are wearing someone elses skin as a coat which is very possible if you lose the weight too fast)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictrick View Post
    It IS misinformation. In order for your body to use up fat it needs to BURN it, sitting there and eating less but eating junk food will not make ANYONE healthy. Can't believe someone would say BS like that lol. Please, save us the trouble of sifting through another post and don't try to back peddle out of your statements.
    The statement wasn't "energy_in < energy_out is always healthy", it was "no matter what you eat you need to consume less energy than you use in order to lose weight". No claims of it being healthy to eat junk food.

I'm not backing out, I'm pointing out that several people here have serious reading comprehension issues.

Try following a diet consisting of Five small, healthy, meals every day. You'd be amazed how much weight you can shred just by eating small meals every few hours. It really kicks your metabolism into gear.

Losing weight is about 70% diet and 30% exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by tdw140 View Post
    Try following a diet consisting of Five small, healthy, meals every day. You'd be amazed how much weight you can shred just by eating small meals every few hours. It really kicks your metabolism into gear.
    As an aside:

It's fine if you want to eat a bunch of smaller meals per day. But there's 0 difference between that and eating 3 meals, or 1 meal, or 20 meals.
    However you decide to eat, so long as it's healthy, getting your macros, and within a reasonable amount of calories... it'll be fine.

Meal timing/frequency is irrelevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good on ya!

I totally applaud you on your efforts to get in shape! I started to do the same thing back in January when all of a sudden it hit me I was going to be a father soon... and I would be an out of shape father. This did not bode well with me and thus far I went form a 32 year old 5'8" 210 pound lazy guy to 186.6 getting back into shape guy :P

I realized one thing on the journey however.... the scale is not your enemy it only reveals part of the equation ....if for 2 weeks there is no change do not panic you may be putting on muscle...in that case keep the course and watch the pounds fly off the weeks following

I would love some before and after pics if you are willing to toss em up! sometimes just having a post like this is exactly what people need to keep going so good on ya for finding a great place to get the support you seem to need =D

Fair play to you, i've just started trying to get myself fitter recently - kinda embarassed that the OAP's looked less screwed after 20m on an exercise bike than i do at 27! Sure someone else said it but just try to push yourself through those "do i really gotta do this" days
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    good for you man. I recently lost 132 lbs over the course of the last year and a half. I was a hefty 326 lbs at 6'3" and now sit at 194. The thing that sucks is I'm still not where I want to be. Being overweight for so long really does so much horrible things to your body that you don't even know about. My skin is all stretchy and gross looking because of it so you can't even see too much muscle definition in my abs(even though I have good ones) My point, don't get discouraged and give up.

There will be days where you're like "FUCK THIS" and want to quit, don't. Make sure you're eating enough calories and not too much carbs. I would definitely suggest going up to a local health store and talking to some of the guys in there about getting on a good multivitamin and some protein shakes(they'll help with recovery time and muscle building). Don't do what I did though and skip out on weight training. I did absolutely none the first 8 months other than calisthenics, which are good but not the same as lifting actual weights. But keep it up man. Throw up some pics if you're bold enough and keep us updated. It'll help motivate you too I bet.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig