So excited, bought the pre-purchase! But I need some help.

I am completely new to Anet and their games and customer support and all that jazz. In other words, I don't know how things work with them.

I did not get anything but a code with my pre-purchase, and I used that code to register my account (yay, it was so smooth!) and got an e-mail confirming it. However I'd like to know if anyone's had any experience downloading games from Anet before? They said in the mail that "The game client will be available shortly; we will send you an e-mail with a download link.". Did they mean shortly as in NOW shortly, or shortly as in soonish but before release? How smooth is it to download from them and what size should I expect the file to be? And will there be any downloading required for the beta weekend? If so then I'mma make preparations with my network and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will give us all a link to the proper beta client well before the BWE begins.

Don't worry. With aNet you're in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Halym View Post
    They will give us all a link to the proper beta client well before the BWE begins.

Don't worry. With aNet you're in good hands.
    I get that feeling as well. There were no problems, no errors, no weird codes to press alongside the account code, direct links to everything needed...warms the old heart when a company makes it so smooth and secure for customers!

I'mma just keep checking my mail then and wait for things to happen...can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Did they mean shortly as in NOW shortly, or shortly as in soonish but before release? How smooth is it to download from them and what size should I expect the file to be? And will there be any downloading required for the beta weekend? If so then I'mma make preparations with my network and all that.
    You will get an e-mail next week with a download link. As you have prepurchased now, you will get access to all Beta Weekends, the first one will start April 27th - and yes, you will need to download the client and install it in order to play for that weekend.

I would expect around 15Gb for the download, and in all the experience I have, ArenaNet's stuff rocks, and comes in very quickly indeed (they have good big fat pipes for this stuff, methinks).

Final point/note - welcome to the "club" as it were :-)