Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I find the exact opposite to be true. While I agree flying and entering the atmosphere would be cool, the idea of light speed travel and having a ship with navigation doesn't make the game worse.

I do wish you didn't have 'invisible brick walls' everywhere, but having everything connected doesn't = immersion. I played WoW since it was released, have loved it, don't hate/dislike it at all....but tbh, the 'open' world was always a strange disconnect to me. Everyone says it makes the game feel huge, and it did before flying mounts. But the huge changes in landscape that are visible at the same time and the ability to just trounce around everything actually ruins immersion in WoW for me.

I feel even with the constructed paths, SWTOR by design has better immersion. Planets are understandably very different, and a good way to experience different environment without it being so harshly smashed together.
    i think we need a "+" or "like" buttons here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

I really liked the concept of planets instead of zones. Zones are the main immersion breaker in WoW for me (the only other mmo i have played, so the only thing to compare).
    The transition between a snowy region and a lush forest for example is like bollocks. Or just fly above STV where it meets duskwood
    Static mobs are kinda dissapointing, BUT: If you notice mobs are usually groups of mobs. Even with them stationary I couldn't help but pull the whole damn area when I was trying to get back to the hub. Now imagine that with the mobs moving :S
    Last but not least, i loved the fact that the music was dynamic, the tunes ranging between calm and fast depending on what i was mostly doing. It kinda felt like a movie! I agree though, a loop option should be there.
    Now don't get me started on immersion in PvP, where the entire objective is an enemy ship that actually gets destroyed when you win.

10+ Year Old Account
    I felt the music gave even more immersion just like Count_Satyros stated. When we do HM Kephess, it plays some really high strung music to help suite what is happening. Its like I'm in the movie at some points.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    i think we need a "+" or "like" buttons here...
    I would 'like' your 'like' with my 'like' if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Count_Satyros View Post
    I loved the fact that the music was dynamic, the tunes ranging between calm and fast depending on what i was mostly doing. It kinda felt like a movie! I agree though, a loop option should be there.
    Agree. This was a feature that was striking the first time I played LotRO, and I definitely enjoy it in SWTOR. The elite mobs or specific story quests actually feel like an epic battle, something that distinguishes an event from your normal grind of quests. Even though you aren't really doing anything different, setting a new mood with audio cues is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count_Satyros View Post
    I really liked the concept of planets instead of zones. Zones are the main immersion breaker in WoW for me (the only other mmo i have played, so the only thing to compare).
    The transition between a snowy region and a lush forest for example is like bollocks. Or just fly above STV where it meets duskwood
    Static mobs are kinda dissapointing, BUT: If you notice mobs are usually groups of mobs. Even with them stationary I couldn't help but pull the whole damn area when I was trying to get back to the hub. Now imagine that with the mobs moving :S
    Last but not least, i loved the fact that the music was dynamic, the tunes ranging between calm and fast depending on what i was mostly doing. It kinda felt like a movie! I agree though, a loop option should be there.
    Now don't get me started on immersion in PvP, where the entire objective is an enemy ship that actually gets destroyed when you win.
    in fact, as planets being so restrictive at the moment, with paths traced and limited zones, BW can add more zones and don't mess with anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    in fact, as planets being so restrictive at the moment, with paths traced and limited zones, BW can add more zones and don't mess with anything.
    They can even add incentives to travel back to areas you have been to previously, like they did for the Rakghoul plague event.