Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    As the world's top astrophysicist, 2nd world's best BBQ host, ranked 357th on the "Carrot eaters league" and 12th on the "Bejeweled 2 all time top scorers rankings", I approve of this post.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naemesiz View Post
    Pretty funny how 1. you think being close to 80% of judgements of the pure uptime in 25-man doesn't resemble your ability to keep it up in 10-man and 2. how you acted like I was saying: "amagawd only 10k HPS wut, yer a newb!".
    Bottom line genious, if you're going to analyze my logs, do it on an actual KILL, we as a guild just tried 25 man for a couple weeks and are going back to 10. I NEVER run out of mana on 10 man with spirit reforged off every piece so WTF are you even talking about? Check the 10 man logs and see my mana at the end of each fight, what do I need spirit for? Like I said before, 25 man rebuttals are pointless as all this is referring to 10 man. I now realize you're just not smart enough to realize this even though it was stated multiple times. GG kiddo, L2P

Aoughtshiir

Using phrases as "this is so good cus im using it" wont get you far in the world of good advice. I have no idea how to play a holy paladin, and even when reading your epeenbosting thread, i found nothing that could even remotely indicate that what youre saying is correct. Theres no advice that you have given in this post that is helpfull to the extend that it deserved its own thread. Hence why, i assume, alot of the posters targeted your random bragging - Cus theres simply NOTHING else to discuss. Anyone can randomly state, that they have done bosses one way or another, with either crit/haste/mastery/spirit as main focus - But without any solid evidence, or atleast a long healthy discussion about that topic (Wich btw would have been much more appropriate instead of this random invite to a flamefest) nothing usefull will come from a thread such as this. Just a solid waste of space and time, my advice mr top paladin, is to take the highroad - Be a teacher and use time teaching others to do better than you, how you figured out what worked for you ect. Instead of boosting your ego with why they all need to do as you.. Teaching methods on how to improve > Telling ppl how to improve.
    And i see my irony, leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoughtshir View Post
    Hello ladies and gents,

Snip

wall of text of self awesomesauceness

Looking forward to more crying, I actually feed on troll tears. Keep checking back as I will, eventually, turn you into a Jedi of healing soon enough.
    Aoughtshiir
    I have a request.

Instead of continually trying to convince us all (and perhaps yourself) of how 'good' or otherwise you are, how about offering some advice, because after all is this thread not about tips and advice for the beginning holy pally?

When I say advice, I don't simply mean stating this is what you do, but also why you do it and what differences you take into account at various gear levels.

You don't see very many paladins in top guilds reforging out of Spirit, because it just doesn't make a lot of sense. Until you can use Holy Radiance or Divine Light whenever it would be effective to do so without throttling back into switching to Holy Light, etc for mana sustainability, Spirit is going to increase your output more than any other secondary stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoughtshir View Post
    Hello ladies and gents,
    I can't say I didn't expect "some" crying, whining, trolling, etc..... but this is ridiculous lol. The post title says "World Top", not a claim of absolute best in the world. Simply stating I'm "one" of the best. In addition, all of this was within the context of 10 man so all those people mentioning 25 man just demonstrate, concisely, their stupidity. As far as 10 vs. 25 difficulty there is no objective way to measure it so the point is moot. However, simply taking 5 mins to find the 78 page thread on the official blizzard forums started by one of the blues stating they (blizzard) apologize for the strict comp requirements, subsequent lack of raid cooldowns, and the fact that losing a toon in 10 man corresponds to 10% of your raid, you'd see their subtle way of saying 10 man is "more interesting" to say the least.

As far as me "stroking my epeen" as a waste of time, if I had titled the post Holy Pally tips and said nothing about my experience, this post would have caught even more flack. I simply put up my resume to differentiate myself from standard holy pallys, it builds clout so people actually have some tangible evidence to believe the information provided. As for people fine-tooth combing my achievements and logs, nobody is perfect and I never stated I was. In fact, the reason I do so well is because the other 9 people in raid are also exceptional players, thus making my job easier. As far as finishing DS in the position we did, and yet some of you still think it's bad despite only 4% of the raiding community have killed it on 10 man, I can give a laundry list of excuses. Mainly during the holidays the entire team took 3 weeks off which you can easily see from our logs (of course, I'll call it now, someone will cry and say we just opted not to log but those few are terrible anyway so we won't care). In addition, our main tank was deployed at the beginning of the year which forced us to have an additional couple weeks of terrible runs with ALT tanks until the point we picked up a new one and had to teach him most the fights/gear him out. All things considering we did fine in our race to 8/8H.

As for logs, I'll start by saying ROFLMAO. DPS logs may indicate, to a certain extent, the quality of player you have but Healing logs mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The only way to parse nowadays, as a healer, is to cater COMPLETELY to the one healer trying to parse. This means outside mana cooldowns, power infusions, DPS purposefully taking extra damage, tanks purposefully NOT using cooldowns, other healers doing less than typically capable, etc..... Just to use a perfect example take my world first 10 man heroic yor'saj solo heal without the buff. Playing perfectly to include proper cooldown usage, positioning, max holy power generation through crusader strike, etc I was only able to pull 17k HPS and not one person died. Now if you look at top 10 heroic yor'sahj healing parses, mostly WITH the buff of which mine wasn't, you'll see 17k is nowhere near registering. The only conclusion is, if I want to parse I need people to PURPOSEFULLY take more damage via any one of the mechanics in the fight. Could have tanks NOT use cooldowns, could kill a less efficient slime to evoke a higher damage phase, could let people purposely drop lower to prevent more overhealing, etc..... Bottom line: Healing meters mean absolutely nothing, if you don't understand that then re-read and continue to re-read the aforementioned paragraph until you do.

Again, this information is ONLY pertaining to 10 man heroic DS so 25 man rebuttals are pointless. As stated in the original post, this was just the first of many tip forums as I will be posting more in the future. If you feel the original post was too much epeen not enough information now you know more is to come AND you have a grasp of what it takes to be ONE of the best healers in the world.

Looking forward to more crying, I actually feed on troll tears. Keep checking back as I will, eventually, turn you into a Jedi of healing soon enough.
    Aoughtshiir
    Out of curiosity ... how can you expect to get a true "parse" for healing if you "cater" as you say for the person parsing ... that would make the results totally bias and inaccurate unless you enjoy inflated logs that as you say are meaningless.

And healing meters can mean a lot you just need to read the results correctly its not hard with a little patience.

Also when is this advice going to appear? I've not seen any yet. Only you trying without much success to defend your "information" when other posters are pulling it apart and when they point out another oddity you state that its not what you meant or that "this area is not included, or that there wrong + random insult and then not say why. Would you at least post constructively and not in such an inflamatory manner if you truely want a discussion.

I'm sure others would welcome actually constructive information that new holy paladins could use formatted in a user friendly way but untill you actually provide it then I can't see much discussion happening.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Epic thread is epic.

Three pages in and still no tips lol just trying to make yourself look awesome - I give this thread...6 more hours max
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Pro tips dude so pro they are invisible trollolololoollllo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    Epic thread is epic.

Three pages in and still no tips lol just trying to make yourself look awesome - I give this thread...6 more hours max
    I give this thread less than an hour. Mods will clear the forums before jumping on the D3 beta for a while ;D.

EDIT: I mean, I'm a world top holy paly too. It just seems that I lost my holy powers and am now imprisoned in the body of a bear.
    Last edited by Furye; 2012-04-21 at 08:42 PM.
    >>Because having a signature is so mainstream.<<

Quote Originally Posted by Furye View Post
    I give this thread less than an hour. Mods will clear the forums before jumping on the D3 beta for a while ;D.
    Yea, you're probably right. I forgot how long 6 hours on the internet actually was
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furye View Post
    Yeah, sorry about the time this travesty has been open. I'm actually working on clearing Mass Effect from the beginning again. I think I'm going to wait on D3 until release, so I have a bit of a surprise left.

As for this thread, locking it. Infractions incoming for those that deserve them. If you do end up with an infraction and wish to dispute it, feel free to PM me.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!