10+ Year Old Account

Moments in History

So I'm doing the quest The Infinite Engine and I'm thinking to myself, as the dude complains about the "infinite and inexhaustible supply of droids" that I know exactly why that is, since I played the first two KOTOR games.

Does it ever drive any of you up the wall that you know the answers, that you know the history, but since your character can't possibly know, you can't say anything??!
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-04-21 at 05:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, namely revolving around Revan, but they need to make the game for everyone.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    Sometimes, namely revolving around Revan, but they need to make the game for everyone.
    The majority of people I know who play Swtor never played KOTOR, so I think this is the closest you're gonna get. Just think of it like watching any Final Destination movie but the first. They all run around trying to figure it out, but we already know, so just sit back and enjoy the show.

I played both KOTORS (loved them) and it doesn't bother me at all. Its a completely different experience for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madmaxtrox View Post
    I played both KOTORS (loved them) and it doesn't bother me at all. Its a completely different experience for me.
    I actually never played any of the KOTORs. I tried playing the first one but I couldn't get past the bad graphics :/ It was just too hard on my eyesight.

It doesn't bother me too much. I don't feel it comes up too often.

Deleted
    Doesn’t bother me but I know what you mean have the same feeling on Tatooine and Hot, but same in Warcraft after playing and reading (books) about Warcraft.

You know the lore you know what’s going to happen and how, it’s a cool felling.

I RP that my character reads a lot of history books and uses the force to learn things, works for me.

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 09:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I actually never played any of the KOTORs. I tried playing the first one but I couldn't get past the bad graphics :/ It was just too hard on my eyesight.
    You are doing yourself a disservice. While KOTOR1 is very hard on the eyes by today's standards. Its still a far better game than almost anything on the market today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    I RP that my character reads a lot of history books and uses the force to learn things, works for me.

You are doing yourself a disservice. While KOTOR1 is very hard on the eyes by today's standards. Its still a far better game than almost anything on the market today.
    I've heard that quite a bit but I don't have the time to play through the series now and I'm okay with that.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post

I feel the same as Forsedar, I even bought KOTOR1 off Steam... Played it for 10min. The terrible (by todays standards) grafics mixed with the way-to-obvious D&D rip-off system just really didn't work for me. It was like a clunky Neverwinter Nights in space really.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I know what you mean. Like on Alderaan knowing that in aprox. 3600 years the planet will be an asteroid field made me think what's the point? I mean its not like it maters in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I feel the same as Forsedar, I even bought KOTOR1 off Steam... Played it for 10min. The terrible (by todays standards) grafics mixed with the way-to-obvious D&D rip-off system just really didn't work for me. It was like a clunky Neverwinter Nights in space really.
    Well, it was. It was Neverwinter Nights in space. It uses the D&D system (it wasn't a rip-off, it was actually what was implemented) and was the Star Wars version of the game.

I loved it then. I doubt I'd play it now...too much has progressed since that point.

Knowing "secret background" behind stuff doesn't bug me (and Republic side Taris is fun for it even), but what does bug me is when there's an obvious betrayal/ ambush and you really can't do anything but play through it like you're blinder than a miraluka.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Knowing "secret background" behind stuff doesn't bug me (and Republic side Taris is fun for it even), but what does bug me is when there's an obvious betrayal/ ambush and you really can't do anything but play through it like you're blinder than a miraluka.
    But it plays on your emotions! The betrayals anger you and you're pissed you can't do more about it- which is perfect because when you have the chance to do it in-game you're like 'muahahaha'.