Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

[Music] YOUR Favorite 10 Rappers!

Just got through making a list with my brother on our top 10 favorite rappers. It's our own personal list, and we want to hear from other hip hop fans on their opinions! So list your top 10 (or 5, 3, etc.) And let us know WHY a rapper is on your list.

1. Tupac
    Makavelli is too good, he really was inspirational! And that performance at Coachella? Amazing.
    2. Tech N9ne
    Not enough people know this dude, but I love him. He rocks it out all the time, and he's easily the best performer I've seen live. The Audience gets rowdy!
    3. Hopsin
    I caught this guy off of a Tech N9ne album, and I love his stuff. Reminds me of old Eminem, but I honestly think he's gonna go a lot farther.
    4. Kendrick Lamar
    Section .80 is fire. A true hip hop innovator and a damn good legacy for Mr. Shakur. I have yet to have the pleasure of having Kendrick visit my city, but I'm looking forward to it!
    5. Twiztid
    Juggalo-ness aside, this is a killer duo. They got passion, they got a great theme, and I'm in love with W.I.C.K.E.D. First verse on "All of the Above" is probably the best thing to ever come out of Psychopathic records.
    6. Canibus
    "Master Thesis". Boom.
    7. Eminem
    I like Recovery. I said it.
    8. Biggie Smalls.
    He's iconic, rivaled against Tupac even! As for me, personally, I dig on him softly. I could stand to hear more from his discography but I'mma stick with just his albums.
    9. Nas
    Nas is your favorite rapper's favorite rapper!
    10. Shaq
    Naw, jk, it's really Jedi Mind Tricks. Solid work.

As you can tell I'm not HUGE on mainstream, but I agree Lil' Wayne is probably the best entertainer in the industry. Even if I don't like his work on the level of others, he has a style all his own and I'd be hard pressed to sleep on him when he's so fun to watch. Lil' B, Lupe Fiasco, Kanye, Common, Rakim, Wutang, Andre 3k, Busta Rhymes, Tyler the Creator... there's hundred's more, literally we've just scrapped the surface. Who is on your list?
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only Rap I listen to are Blowfly and Afroman.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jason Aldean. Only country singer I listen to that raps even a bit. Otherwise, at least in my opinion, could put all rappers on a boat, send out to Marianas trench, and sink. Other than noise, ra is no contribution to humanity.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    Jason Aldean. Only country singer I listen to that raps even a bit. Otherwise, at least in my opinion, could put all rappers on a boat, send out to Marianas trench, and sink. Other than noise, ra is no contribution to humanity.
    You don't find that to be an incredibly ignorant statement?
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    Way to make your self not look stupid. Rap is a bigger contribution to humanity than you are obviously. Any genre is a contribution. Just because your retarded head tells you, you don't like a certain genre doesn't make the genre bad. It makes you look like a total douchebag when saying stuff like that. Congrats mate.

OT:
    Eazy-e the godfather of gangster rap
    B.G. Knocc Out
    Ice Cube
    Immortal Technique
    Snoop Doggy Dogg(The old stuff)
    and so on.. there are too many great rappers out there for me to only list my favorite 10.

Deleted
    Im not the biggest fan of rap but sometimes i like to listen to some old stuff Dre, Tupac, 50Cent, Snoop, Xzibit, Eminem and a bunch of polish rappers u probably never heard of eg. O.S.T.R, Morwa, WWO, Hemp Gru. Generally that 'gangsta' theme is what puts me off rap. All they rap about is gang wars, sex, drugs, killing and voilence in general. I might be slightly biased but meh that's juust my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    All the dead ones.
    Oh God this ... So this ....

But Seriously...Probably the only Rapper I have ever listened to and enjoyed was Eminem, and the last full album I bought and properly listened to was Encore...

So my lists consists of

1. Eminem

2. Anytime The Lonely Island does a Rap Song.

The rest can go DIAF

Deleted
    10 Eminem
    9 Nicki Minaj
    8 Snoop Dogg
    7 Xzibit
    6 Easy E
    5 Chuck D
    4 Tupac
    3 Nas
    2 Mos Def
    1 Biggie

10. 100 grand
    09. Baby Ruth
    08. Reese's
    07. Cookies n Creme
    06. Twix
    05. Snickers
    04. Skittles
    03. M&M's
    02. Butterfingers

and finally #1 in the candy rapper contest

01. Kit Kat. Break me off a piece

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Dylan 2. Dylan 3. Dylan 4.Dylan 5. Dylan Because he spits hot fire.

Ok for real now. Not in any order or anything though : Mos Def, MF Doom, Talib Kweli, Charli 2na, Del the Funky Homosapien, Q-tip, Ghostface Killah, Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, and Chuck D.

Top runner up = mc chris. Just because.

Edit: Why is it that Rap/Hip-Hop is the only genre that people will go out of their way to say that they don't like it? Does that happen in other music threads on here? Do people go into a "What's your favorite Metal bands?" Thread just to say how much they hate metal and that all metal bands should die?
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2012-04-21 at 09:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tech n9ne for sure.
    The Game
    Tupac
    Kendrick Lamar is raw
    Nas
    Immortal technique
    Krizz kaliko
    Big boi
    Hopsin
    B.O.B.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't listen to too much rap, so my top, and only 7(for the most part) are:

1. Lupe Fiasco
    2. Tech N9ne
    3. Ghost Face Killah
    4. Hopsin
    5. B.o.B
    6. Wiz Khalifa
    7. The Lonely Island

And even then, its only a few songs by most of them. lol. Lupe is the only one I own any albums from.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Edit: Why is it that Rap/Hip-Hop is the only genre that people will go out of their way to say that they don't like it? Does that happen in other music threads on here? Do people go into a "What's your favorite Metal bands?" Thread just to say how much they hate metal and that all metal bands should die?
    I guess it's because Rapping takes very little Musical Talent ... Now I have next to 0 Musical Talent, and I'm not about to try rapping anytime soon regardless ... But really when your rapping it comes down to Lyrics. Good Lyrics makes a Good Rapper, because in reality there's generally nothing special about their Beat or how they Rap, it's all the same. So when people Hear Nikki Minaj "Rapping" with Lyrics like : "You a Stupid Hoe. You, you a Stupid Hoe" X10000 with some Crappy Verses Mixed in talking about "Nigga this Nigga That, Suck my This, Fuck you and your EP" ...

It creates an extremely unhealthy aura around Rapping in general, even though there is some Rappers out there with some really intriguing and interesting Lyrics, however for every Good Rapper there's 30 Shit ones, and Ratios like that make the Genre Full of people paying it out.

And I'll say exactly the same thing about other Genres ... Be it Pop, Metal ETC, A Vast majority of the Musicians in those genres Can also DIAF (See Justin Beiber, Cody Simpson, Skrillex, Slipknot, Korn, Katy Perry (Ok Katy Perry can stay because of dem Tits), Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus, Kesha ETC ETC).

There's only ONE Genre which I wish no Musician to go DIAF, and that Is Classical/Orchestral, because even if I don't like their Rendition of a Piece, or the style they've done in the Piece, I still respect each and every one of them for having REAL Talent and being able to play beautiful Instruments which takes Years and Years of practice to become Pro at, rather then One session in the Booth or Hit TV show and Boom they're at Superstar with 5 Pop Albums.

Anyway TL: DR this shit probably, continue with your lists I'm just rambling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t really listen to rap. But my favorite rapper would be danish rapper, L.O.C.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mine fav. is one & only one YO YO HONEY SINGH

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno how my list of 10 would look...but it would include
    Tupac
    DMX
    TI
    Trick Daddy

Primarily I'm a metal guy, but I do listen to some rap and I'd say

#1. MGK (Machine Gun Kelly)
    #2. Young Jeezy
    #3. Lil Wayne
    #4. Yelawolf
    #5. Outkast
    #6. Kanye West
    #7. Lil Boosie
    #8.Eminem
    #9.Tupac (If for no other reason than the song "Changes")
    #10.Future/Waka Flocka Flame/Three 6 Mafia/Pretty much every other mainstream rapper you can think of that probably isn't all that respected by hardcore rap fans.

I got MGKs EP, and am really looking foward to his 1st full album. Best damn rap I'm aware of.

I love Young Jeezy too, EXTREMELY consistent, great beats.

Lil Wayne is clever as fuck and generally has beats that go hard. He fucks up now and then with some songs like "How to love" though. Mostly consistent & great though.

Yelawolf was a BOSS on Trunk Muzik 0-60, but on his debut album "Radioactive" most of it SUCKED like a vacuum cleaner. It had a few great songs though.

Everyone listed below that point I don't even own any of their music, except I did have the Eminem Show CD when I was like.... 12... honestly don't remember it... except maybe the hit singles from it.

The rest I feel all have some great songs here and there, but that their albums as a whole seem too inconsistent for me to buy the whole thing.

I should also mention I'm a drummer, so the beats are the primary focus to me.... so some popular rappers (Tyler The Creator for instance) I just can't get into cause their beats suck.

Personally, I'd LOVE it if I could find as many consistent & good rappers to listen to to a point where my love of rap & metal became equalled. I love some good rap music as much as anything. But I just. can't. find. enough good rap...

Cause rap is a chill cool sort of music liked by people like laid back smokers and such, metal is angry and as such has alot of angry fans.... they express the anger any way they can while the rap fans just chill. Course like I said I'm a metal guy myself but I'm not a close minded,ignorant prick like some people.

Edit : I don't really understand why people who don't like rap even responded to this though honestly. Ooooh they hate rap! Aren't they special!
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-04-21 at 09:59 AM.

Deleted
    I now boycott this thread due to the lack of MF DOOM.

None. Rap seems primitive to me.