Opening Diablo 3 Problem

I can't even get past the launcher for Diablo 3. I start the launcher and it doesn't show anything but the phrase "Updating Tools (0%)" at the bottom with no progress even after having it open all night and the Play button grayed out...

Also when I tried to install Diablo 3 (real version) from battle.net I have it downloaded and installing it gets to a certain point halfway throughout the bar and stops with no further progress even after having it open an entire night as well...

I would love to know why these programs are crapping out on me or if my computer is total garbage.

Deleted

This solved it and i can play now

1. Delete C:\ProgramData\Battle.net
    2. cmd.exe as Admininistrator: type "Netsh winsock reset", reboot.
    3. The installer/downloader/launcher rightclick properties > compatibility > change settings for all users > check run as winXP and run as admin.
    4. rightlick program and run as admin, just to be sure.

If that doesnt fix go C:\ProgramData\Battle.net, rightlick on empty space properties > security. Each group or usernames give full control in all options (the EDIT and Advanced buttons too).

With this i was able to launch the launcher and start patching, logged in and played abit. I'm from EU and used the enUS client. Please post this on D3 tech support forums cus i cant.

Diablo 3 Open beta : Unexpected Error

Hey guys ,

I installed Open beta Diablo 3 today and when i launch it it says initializing in start and then after sometime pops a message

" An unexpected Error occurred while updating required files . Please try again "

I have restarted my Pc .

Run as administrator .

Still not working .

Please anyone face this problem knows how to fix this ?

Thanks

21/04-2012 update

So basicly when i tried logging into the diablo beta this morning, the launcher said there was an update, after about 30 min it was still at 0%. so i tried closeing the launcher and opening in it again, now it just says : Updating blizzard launcher (0%)

Anyone else have this problem? or any idea how to fix it (i belive this patch have the patch number 17)
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Deleted
    Try with peer to peer disabled. You can also disable firewalls as this can cause network problems (remember to re-enable them again afterwards though).

Make sure multiple instances of agent.exe aren't running (remove all the processes, try again).

If that doesn't help, delete the folder Battle.net/Agent (probably in your Application Data or App data directories, use search if you can't find it). This simply forces agent.exe to be rebuilt.

This is helping people with some updating issues, don't know if it will fix yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Try with peer to peer disabled. You can also disable firewalls as this can cause network problems (remember to re-enable them again afterwards though).

Make sure multiple instances of agent.exe aren't running (remove all the processes, try again).

If that doesn't help, delete the folder Battle.net/Agent (probably in your Application Data or App data directories, use search if you can't find it). This simply forces agent.exe to be rebuilt.

This is helping people with some updating issues, don't know if it will fix yours.
    Dident work, however manually starting agent before opening the launcher did the trick, now works perfectly.
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Deleted
    My download is also stuck at 0% my operating system is up to date. Could this have anything to do with the fact that I got the client for D3 already pre-downloaded?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    My download is also stuck at 0% my operating system is up to date. Could this have anything to do with the fact that I got the client for D3 already pre-downloaded?
    No, this shouldn't affect it.

Have you tried all the agent-related steps above?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post
    Dident work, however manually starting agent before opening the launcher did the trick, now works perfectly.
    This worked for me, thanks

This helped ALOT. Thank you Shamanic for all of your help and also to everyone else.

Diablo 3 Launcher not opening

If your launcher aint opening when you try to install the beta I made a lil guide for you guys how to solve the problem. It has helped a lot of players so far and I hope it can be of help to someone here at MMO-champion aswell.

Diablo III Beta Installation Issue Fix [Quick Guide]

Deleted

diablo 3 launcher assistance

Can anyone help me?

I have downloaded the "Diablo III Beta enGB Setup"
    but nothing really happends when i press it, it updates then nothing at all...

help please

Can anyone help me please, when I try to download diablo 3 beta it goes straight to 70%, and stays there, I tired to delete Agent.exe on Task Manager it goes to "Launching Blizzard Launcher" then Agent.exe comes back up and it goes back down to 70%, I don't have Windows XP Pack 3 either, so can anyone help me please?

I was able to log in ONCE, but ever since then, I'm stuck on the "updating tools".

Trying out some of the solutions above ATM, but it's still weird that it let me log on once (and the servers were down /QQ)

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post
    How do you do that? I searched my whole computer and I did NOT find any Battle.net/Agent folder, document, or whatever it might be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com