Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Beta Weekend Meetup

I'm curious as to whether people would be interested in having a meetup, for us peeps. Have a chat, maybe go do some events and such.

Admittedly, I dont know what times would be good for people. Or how many servers that'll be used for the beta, so I suppose it'd need to be discovered then decided on.

So, who's interested in having a good old MMO Champion bar brawl?

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    I'm curious as to whether people would be interested in having a meetup, for us peeps. Have a chat, maybe go do some events and such.

Admittedly, I dont know what times would be good for people. Or how many servers that'll be used for the beta, so I suppose it'd need to be discovered then decided on.

So, who's interested in having a good old MMO Champion bar brawl?
    I'm assuming the TS will be pretty full, and we'll have plenty of little meetups in the BWE.
    Almost none of my non-MMOchamp friends are able to pre-purchase currently due to financial troubles or bad PCs, so I'll be playing with mostly MMOc people.

Deleted
    i get 2 play with 2 others, wich is fine for me

Make that three, count me in on some world roaming.

Deleted
    Best chance to meet up and organize stuff is to create the MMO-C guild already during the beta weekend. I already posted this question in the original thread.

Teamspeak server for the MMOC guild.

Thing is with making the guild in beta, is it's a lot of effort to compile THAT many people for something which isn't going to be kept (beta toons and guilds are erased on release). It's better to do squad-ish group ups instead of massing as a whole guild and making the game run like ass, which doesnt give anyone a good experience.

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 05:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Teamspeak server for the MMOC guild.
    Wouldn't vent or mumble be the better option? I thought TS kinda went by the wayside after about the BC era of WoW. I hardly know a soul who uses it anymore.

Deleted
    I didnt put this in the Guild Wars Guild thread because it's 357 pages long, and I figured it'd be easier for people to notice. How difficult would it be to set up a guild? Anyone have any ideas?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scythax View Post
    Thing is with making the guild in beta, is it's a lot of effort to compile THAT many people for something which isn't going to be kept (beta toons and guilds are erased on release). It's better to do squad-ish group ups instead of massing as a whole guild and making the game run like ass, which doesnt give anyone a good experience.

Wouldn't vent or mumble be the better option? I thought TS kinda went by the wayside after about the BC era of WoW. I hardly know a soul who uses it anymore.
    I think setting a guild up is fairly easy. In the other thread it is said that the guild will be created, so yay!

Grouping up in squads may be more difficult than creating a guild since you have to pay a sum. In addition, players who want to join the MMO-C squad need to know their whereabouts. You can only join by clicking a member of the squad and only the leader is graphical signaled. Furthermore, you won't be able to speak to each other, because squad only allows one way communication (leader > group). Long story short: squad is ideal for people who happen to bump into each other and want a spontaneous group for a little organization. If you want to play and communicate with some known peeps, a guild is the way to go.

TS is pretty good, it's ventrilo that has been going downwards since BC.

EDIT: typos, typos, ytops
    Last edited by mmocdfe77b21ca; 2012-04-21 at 05:41 PM.

I'm down for sure

Deleted
    Count me in!

10+ Year Old Account
    No asura this week?
    Then count Barackopala in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Count me in!
    ill be buying my supply of energy drinks and coffee for this weekend so any time is okay with me, though im on a GMT+2 timezone.

Deleted
    would be fun

Deleted
    Count me in for Teamspeak, although I will not talk that much and people barely know me.

Deleted
    Oh I have no mic so I won't be able to TS

Is that a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    Oh I have no mic so I won't be able to TS

Is that a problem?
    Is it a problem for what? You can get on the TeamSpeak server and listen, but you will not be able to communicate in anyway. Or for a more broad answer, you'll probably be omitted for something like a 5v5 PvP team or a explorable mode dungeon in favor of someone who does have a mic, for the exact same reason as before.

But basically other than that, no. ^^

Count me in also, will have my mic and be jacked up on mtn dew/monster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scythax View Post

Making your feelings known in this thread about your chat service of choice and we shall see if it changes before release.

I'll be playing with my guild, anyone looking for something more permanent is welcome to come apply tho.