Thread: Spare skin

Spare skin

so far I've lost 41.8 pound, and I've noticed a bit of spare skin, I'm only 18, just wondering if this will tighten as I age? or is there something I can do about this.

Deleted
    It probably wont tighten.
    You have lost weight to quick, probably doing some diet which contains only eating one thing or burning way to many calories.

I think you have to gain weight and lose it the natural way.
    1 pound a week, 2 MAX

Yep, you probably did lose weight too quickly. Lifting weights will help you somewhat. Don't drop any more too fast.
    you fill my lungs with sweetness & you fill my head with you.

Deleted
    Grats dude, that's 40 pounds we're talking about. Good on you!

Deleted
    Skin snaps back, especially while you are young. Weight training will really help pad it out too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    You have lost weight to quick, probably doing some diet which contains only eating one thing or burning way to many calories.

1 pound a week, 2 MAX
    Incorrect. Skin repairs itself over time. Yes it is an extremely slow process but it will fix itself. Sure it won't ever be perfect like someone who was never overweight but it will get better. As dead skin cells flake away and are replaced by new ones they will recognize that there is no need for the extra skin and make up for this.

OP: Pick up some good lotion that is targeted specifically for firming up skin. Also you can pick up some body salts to rub on the excess skin to exfoliate which is real good for removing the dead skin. Don't expect to see any results right away as it can take a year or two for the skin to repair itself. If you want more info just do some research, there is a lot out there to read up on.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Fogkin View Post
    Incorrect. Skin repairs itself over time. Yes it is an extremely slow process but it will fix itself. Sure it won't ever be perfect like someone who was never overweight but it will get better. As dead skin cells flake away and are replaced by new ones they will recognize that there is no need for the extra skin and make up for this.

OP: Pick up some good lotion that is targeted specifically for firming up skin. Also you can pick up some body salts to rub on the excess skin to exfoliate which is real good for removing the dead skin. Don't expect to see any results right away as it can take a year or two for the skin to repair itself. If you want more info just do some research, there is a lot out there to read up on.
    thank you for this post, it has* put my mind to rest a little bit, ok I'll try look out for these, thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by PhailPally View Post
    so far I've lost 41.8 pound, and I've noticed a bit of spare skin, I'm only 18, just wondering if this will tighten as I age? or is there something I can do about this.

If you're 18, you've still got a lot of growing to do. You may not grow much taller, but it's surprising how much men grow around the shoulders. Combine that with lifting weights and that your skin will naturally tighten up a little, I don't think you should worry.
    Sell the Vatican, Feed the World

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post

1 pound a week, 2 MAX
    The first few weeks of dieting it's perfectly normal to lose 4lbs a week for around a month. After that 2lbs is the recommended weight loss, however anything up to 3 is perfectly fine.