Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    still mageish IMO

the first guy to summon ragnaros was sorcerer-thane thaurissan, a mage
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The phoenix god is Al'ar, not A'lar. It could just be a typo from Blizzard from what I know. The icon does resemble a phoenix and since the spell is about rebirth, it does indeed open up for some questions, I'm merely pointing out that it could be that it's not related exactly to the Phoenix God in Tempest Keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    Looks like it's been changed to Flames of Ragnaros in the new build, so now we're corrupted shamans.
    Actually, warlocks ARE corrupted shamans (at least most orcish ones), quote from wowpedia:

"Cut off from their elemental powers, the former shamans turned to the more efficient and masterful powers of the Burning Legion, becoming Warlocks."
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Was total fun...... the lag party on Beta Leveling 01
    Beta test report: The loading bars are working as intended. Screens look smooth and decent drawn.

To be honest, I was rather sure that the skill would be renamed. But there are limits to how worse it could have been. It is okay to not be A'lar, but there so many other "burning" influences for warlocks. Why did it turn out to be Ragnaros?!...What does he even have to do with rebirth or anything?! He is an elemental lord and has nothing to do with an arcanist, especially one that goes into the demonic field. They could have renamed it to Flames or Rebirth and be done with it....Seriously...

Giving the name thing some thought, how about Flames of Alysrazor? It's got the whole death and rebirth thing usually attributed to phoenixes while not technically using a phoenix as a source. A green dragon corrupted, turned traitor, and transformed into a firehawk is more warlocky than a normal phoenix. Also, it fits in with the "swiped from Firelands" motif going on with the Council of Six Daggers and the new 'lock lore.

Flames of Ragnaros isn't a bad name, but usually people attribute Rag with fiery destruction instead of rebirth and sacrifice for power.

they could have gone with Flames of Hakkar, or maybe Hakkar's Command

http://www.wowwiki.com/Hakkar_the_Houndmaster

edit: I'd have to use the Felhunter while Destro just for the flavor, since Hakkar could summon them at will
    Last edited by Bridius; 2012-04-26 at 03:56 AM.

they're most like gonna change it again. just going through options. this is early beta afterall.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should stick with Flames of Al'ar. Phoenixes are native to the Firelands (though we only saw Firehawks there) and they represent rebirth.

Note: New lore indicates that a group of master warlocks known as the Council of Six Daggers went into the Firelands (and elsewhere) to master new forms of magic, so that's where this ability came from, and why they're getting so many new abilities with direct references to the lore.

Deleted
    Someone called Xoroth, credit to them as its now changed again to Flames of Xoroth and reclaimed a phoenix/firebird for the icon. http://www.wowdb.com/spells/120451-f...th#15640-15650

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Someone called Xoroth, credit to them as its now changed again to Flames of Xoroth and reclaimed a phoenix/firebird for the icon. http://www.wowdb.com/spells/120451-f...th#15640-15650

I am a happy-happy warlock as of now

the icon should be a dreadsteed of xoroth than

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the icon should be a dreadsteed of xoroth than
    Hmm lets think what says rebirth more a phoenix or a dreadstead.

Hmm lets think what says rebirth more a phoenix or a dreadstead.
    what comes from xoroth?

EDIT: besides, the icon right now is a firehawk. those things live for a few days than die. not an icon of rebirth at all lol

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I am a happy-happy warlock as of now
    They removed my name/quote from the ability It'd be awesome if they somehow worked it into the council of six daggers like they did for Zinnin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    what comes from xoroth?

EDIT: besides, the icon right now is a firehawk. those things live for a few days than die. not an icon of rebirth at all lol
    I does look like a firehawk but phoenixes are more known for rebirth I think you should ask Blizzard why they choose it not me.

I does look like a firehawk but phoenixes are more known for rebirth I think you should ask Blizzard why they choose it not me.
    I've asked blizzard many things many times. they don't like to talk too much

For those who aren't aware, Xoroth is one of the few Legion-controlled planets we've heard about (I believe it's to the Nathrezim as Argus is to the Eredar).

when I asked that, what I meant to ask was "what comes from xoroth, phoenixes or dreadsteeds?" as a retorical question to back my argument up :P