Poll: Which will you play?

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Having tried open beta, which class will you play?

Title says it all really. There has been some polls for people to vote which class they wanted to play but not all of us had access to beta so it was mostly just guess work for some. After playing open beta and having a chance to try some of the classes which class will you play on release?

I have only tried witch doctor and I think it's a really fun class. Most of witch doctors skills are silly and funny so I think I will play it when it's released. I miss necromancer though :/

I miss the necro as well, the witch doctor wasn't quite the same for me. :P

Used to be a barb in d2. I think i'll be playing a monk in d3. I prefer faster blows.

Even before playing the beta ( i was invited in the closed a couple months ago) I had my mind set on the Barbarian.
    Dont really care what game it is.. I usually go for the more physical characters. (The monk had a more spiritual vibe to it that didnt suit me)

Wizard

I've tried Monk and Demon Hunter as well (and am going to try Witch Doctor & Barbarian after maintenance) but I don't think my mind will be changed.
    That doesn't mean I won't create all classes on live though, I probably will.

Killed Skeleton King with all classes, my impression so far:

-Monk is really fun. In addition, female version looks really good. Also I like the theme of this character, mix of Paladin and Assasin from D2.

-Witch doctor is much better then I expected, feels like a slow but safe class, he'll be a second character.

-Wizard is ok, I liked Diamond skin and Ray of Frost skills, but the female voice is extremely annoying.

-Demon Hunter and Barbarian look boring. Barbarian feels worse then monk in everything - looks, skills, Fury<Spirit, and so on.
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2012-04-22 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    Used to be a barb in d2. I think i'll be playing a monk in d3. I prefer faster blows.
    Don't we all =P

I'll probably make either a Barbarian or a Demon Hunter my main, i love the leap in and cleave everything style of the Barbarian but being able to endlessly kite with the Demon Hunter is pretty handy aswell
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

I'm a big fan of ranged casters most of the time but after playing the barbarian in the beta i think i'm in love with it's play style. My second choice though is wizard.

Gonna make the Barb my main, though i will play and try to max all the classes eventually.

barb i only play tank/melees :P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Demon hunter or monk. Barb is close behind

Amazon and Assasin were my favourite characters in Diablo2, which translates nicely into the Demon Hunter.

Deleted
    I'm going to play Demon Hunter as a main and Barbarian as "alt". Demon Hunter is quick and will be getting all kinds of explosives and stuff, gonna be enjoying that one for sure. Barbarian seemed to just wreck thro everything very quick and felt rather enjoyable. Obviously opinions and class feel may change a lot when we get further into the game and see how all the spells work out.

15+ Year Old Account
    witch doctor for me i think, its the only one i had time to play through to completion this weekend, but got everything apart from a wizard to level 5, i liked the idea of the witch hunter having ALL of the animals xD Zombie dogs and corpse spiders ftfw! =D

10+ Year Old Account
    i pretty much liked every class apart from the witch doctor, it felt slow and weak. Monk is by far my favourite followed by the demon hunter.

Monk. Definitely loving the fast pace of the combat, and the extreme movement capabilities.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

I found either babarian, monk or Wizzard to be the better classes to choose.

I then decided rather quick on Wizzard, I found it very strong, and I hope it can stay that way (Awesome arcane pewpew). Im worried it will follow the D2 trend, where it gets weaker and weaker as you level it, UNTIL you get it geared up, then it really shines in D2.

Deleted
    Wizard 100%! Second char levelling slower with some different friends will be Barbarian.

Deleted
    Played them all to 13 and I can safely say that it'll be a while before I play anything but barbarian. Next in line would probably be the DH, but not for a while.