Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I just got the Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank from archaeology so I'm pretty excited about not being able to use flying mounts in MoP until 90!! Because I admit, I am a flight form addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    I feel like with my instant flight form I neglect a lot of my mounts and lack the motivation on this character to get some of the rare flying mounts I would like due to it being so easy to cast flight form. I have vial of the sands and TLPD and never use them.

Just wondering if anyone is the same way.
    Since my Druid is my main, it's still my achievement whore character so I do like collecting mounts on it. It does make me slightly sad that they never get any exercise, but the only way they ever would is if all flying mounts were made instant cast for Druids. That or give Flight Form a 1.5 second cast which would cause a Druid uproar.
    ಠ_ಠ

I use my Zulian Tiger or the legendary staff mount, for flying I use the legendary staff mount. I don't use anything to fly to raids though because I'm lazy and get summoned =)

While realizing that if I were lazy why don't I use an instant flying flight form! I only use it when I'm doing something where I dismount a lot, but I'm to lazy to farm or anything now lol

Only mounts i have on my druid are ground mounts. For BGs, raids/dungeons where you can mount, so on. Areas where you can ground mount and not fly... gotta have something. And actually with that all i have is the very base, first one you get ground mount for my race.... thats it.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The convenience of Swift Flight Form cannot be denied, however a lot of people have acquired rare mounts that either cannot be acquired anymore or have ridiculously low drop rates (think Invincible, Ashes, various Gladiator mounts, Plagued and Black Protos, R's Deathcharger, Mimiron's Head, Azure Drake etc). Instant flight form is ridiculously time saving when you're grinding mobs over a largish area, gathering herbs/ores/archaeology fragments or fishing. Only reason is the various 1.5sec casttimes on mounting add up to be a huge waste of time.

However, when you're flying from one corner of Stormwind/Orgrimmar to another and would like to flash your hard earned mount, it's quite common to see the use of person favourites.

Bottom line, most people would prefer SFF when the number of mounting/dismounting is rather large, but would probably stick to their personal choice of mounts for either long distance travel or showing off.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have 140 or so mounts ... i only ever use swift flying form

Deleted
    not sure if i got the 25 mount achievment on my druid as i only use flight form or my chopper (unless i need a repair in which case mamouth).

Magic Broom > Flight Form > everything else

Instant cast is the greatest. (and yes, there is still an instant cast broom. Even non-instant is still > all)
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Mounts: Collected (1) Not Collected (189)

And that was Tyrael's Charger. I don't think I ever used it.

The only time I'd ever use one is in BGs, but I don't PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    so you never had/got a ground mount? for leveling?

travel form isn't bad compared to regular speed, but still ....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I'll be honest, I won't even roll on rare mounts on my druid.

Now that they're talking about making mounts cross-character, I might reconsider that stance, but I just feel like a douchebag, because I know I'll NEVER use the damn thing.
    I still use the Ragnaros mount on my druid over flight form.
    dictated but not read.

Deleted
    In MoP its said that all achievements will be account wide which means that all mounts from achievements will be on all your characters.
    This is why im currently taking all the mounts i can so that i will have them on my alts in the future

I don't care about flying mounts on my druid, really.
    Since I'm a tank, a lot of my guildes like to abuse me for their personal needs (achievement mounts).
    The others came from satchels/events *shrug*
    I only own nine flying mounts, but one time I rolled need on a flying mount. Just because I wanted to roll a higher number than my bf, so I could rub the mount into his face. Good thing I won xD

Groundmounts, uh well.. I'm fine with Anzu and my Darkmoon Bear.
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post

Sounds odd, but I never got one. Hit 85 before the annual pass came out as well. I didn't really notice at the time either. You get travel form early on, but now all flight points are given to you and there's more than one in each zone. The quests typically are bunched in small areas. It was pretty rare that I'd have to travel far to quest.

In old WoW you'd go mad without a ground mount, but now, not so much.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post

A guy I've known that was a druid since Vanilla didn't have a mount or swim form until Wrath. I think I heckled him for years about Swim form, because when we got SFF ground mounts didn't 'really' matter.

But the worst part is, he has literally millions of gold on his account...and he can't even bother to train riding skills. It makes me sick thinking about it lol.

Deleted
    Seems kinda bullshit, since you couldn't start the swift flight form quest without having 280% riding skill.

Flight form when I went to raids and sat on fly mounts if I was afk just because a lot of ppl didn't have the mount :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklebutt View Post
    I have about 125+ mounts on my dk, and I like to show them off. Never really bothered with grinding mounts on my druid because they're instant and I'm spoiled to that. Might start to be a problem for me when mounts go account wide because I love my flight form, and the fact that it's instant, but I also love my Blazing Drake, TLPD, Vial of Sands, and all my other rare or exotic mounts. Would love to see all mounts become instant cast, but that will probably never happen.
    Sorry to be completley offtopic, but I saw you're in <In Goth We Trust> and I can't help but ask if they actually raid. I started out on Alexstrasza in BC and I remember that guild being terrible and masters of spamming chat channels.

Anyway, my druid is an alt and one of my less-played ones, but I chill on my blue proto unless I'm herbing. Though, I do like the bat flightform almost as much :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Quote Originally Posted by Runasutaru View Post
    I find it to be the contrary. Until late WotLK, I only ever used Swift Flight Form unless I felt like showing my mount collection to someone. However, once I got Ashes of Al'ar and went "Oooooh, shiny!", I managed to train myself to use mounts; I only use Flight Form when chain grinding, these days.
    Pretty much this. I'm sure there was a point in time where I didn't ever really use my mounts, but I've got so many now that it'd really be unfair to myself and all that gold I spent not to use them. So I got a mount/pet macro so I can see all of my lovelies, even the little old regular gryphons. :3
    I do of course still use Flight Form for quick getaways and when I'm moving short distances, like when Arching.

I spend a lot of time fly forming on tops of the roofs in SW. Kind of like a Ninja or something. The only time I ever acquired a flying mount was because of an achievement. (Like the rusted proto-drake in Ulduar to get the mount speed bonus)

On the ground I find plenty of use from my ground mounts in BGs, aside from that if I can fly I will fly.