Should I ditch my t12 2pc to upgrade 6 item levels?

Restoration druid here:

Simply put, I have the 2pc t13 bonus via shoulders and gloves. I have a t13 raid finder token for legs. Currently, my t12 2pc set bonus is coming from my chest and legs.

Question: Should I use my token and gain 6 item levels for my legs, but lose my 2pc bonus from t12? Or should I wait until I acquire a helm or chest token to make it a full 4pc t13 bonus?

Technically, I could buy the 397 non-tier chest with VP, so I could upgrade my tier chest from 378 > 397, and upgrade my legs from 378 > 384, and lose my set bonus, but gain even more item levels.

Actually, I probably should do that anyway, even if I do get a chest token, huh? Since t13 4pc isn't that good I hear?

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 09:05 PM ----------

I realize all that might sound confusing. Let me rephrase:

Is the 2pc Tier12 tier bonus worth 6 item levels? Is it worth 25 item levels? (not average of course, individual)

And second: is the 4pc Tier13 bonus worth 13 item levels?
    Last edited by Seegtease; 2012-05-08 at 09:06 PM.

No insight at all? I tried to do some research, but it's hard to put a raw number with something like "the 2pc bonus is pretty good!"

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    that depends, are you having mana issues? it sounds like youre only running LFR, so I would just go for straight throughput. drop the 2pc and go for the ilvl upgrade. a link to your armory might help

10+ Year Old Account
    If only running LFR then dropping T12 2 piece won't hurt. Even in normal, as long as your playing the class right you shouldn't need that set bonus with a 378+ iLevel.

If your having mana issues then you may want to hang onto it for a little bit, but once you start passing the 380ish level mana will become less of an issue. An armory link would help too.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

I DO have the spirit trinket (heart of unliving) (and use it), and lately in LFR I've been lasting through the whole madness fight. But I'm not sure how much the 2pc bonus is actually contributing to that.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Treena/simple

Now, what I'm thinking of doing is replacing my legs with 384 tier legs, and then just buying the 397 valor chestpiece, and just forget about t13 4pc altogether.

Probably the best idea?

On, by the way, on my armor I should have the healer mace from deathwing and the ledger of revolting rituals equipped. I was using that staff for boomkin.

If all you intend to do is LFR, I would grab any item that is an upgrade in ilvl, while getting the 4 piece bonus somehow. Its not great, but its not so awful as to be ignored. The boomkin hands are well-itemized for resto, so some people choose to use those as the off piece. The valor gloves are usually also preferable to resto gloves, because of slightly better itemization, assuming you need haste - which you do, and a better gem slot.

Trinkets are slightly different in that the valor ones are pretty poor for resto, and depending on what you had from the last tier, some of the LFR ones may not be as preferable. Again, if you are only planning the do LFR, the two you are using currently should be fine, and I would use those over the valor trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Meejum View Post
    If all you intend to do is LFR, I would grab any item that is an upgrade in ilvl, while getting the 4 piece bonus somehow. Its not great, but its not so awful as to be ignored. The boomkin hands are well-itemized for resto, so some people choose to use those as the off piece. The valor gloves are usually also preferable to resto gloves, because of slightly better itemization, assuming you need haste - which you do, and a better gem slot.

Trinkets are slightly different in that the valor ones are pretty poor for resto, and depending on what you had from the last tier, some of the LFR ones may not be as preferable. Again, if you are only planning the do LFR, the two you are using currently should be fine, and I would use those over the valor trinkets.
    Thing is, I could use my VP and have 397s in 3 slots and 384 in 2 slots (no 4pc bonus), or a 397 in one slot, 384 in four slots (but get a 4pc bonus).

So after looking at it even further, I have to decide if the 4pc bonus is worth 26 item levels... I'm thinking not.