Thread: Worst DPS ever

Deleted

Worst DPS ever

Hello. So i've been having huge problems with my dps.
    I can't post images so if its not a problem find Promethiseus on Azuremyst-EU
    I have no idea what to do. On all DS fights I barely reach 20k dps. Thank you for all the help.

EDIT : I play arcane spec, tried 10man, tried 25man, tried LFR dps still less than 18k. My rotation : Arcane blast until mana runs out, evocation, 3-4 arcane blasts, arcane missiles repeat. I actually have no idea what's wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc19fe415a96; 2012-05-04 at 04:12 PM.

Deleted
    Well, first of all, I'm not a mage, but even I can tell you, a big part of the problem is your enchants, or rather, the lack thereof. Get everything enchanted as soon as possible, they will grant you loads, especially the weapon one.

Aside from that, there's not much people (who actually play mages) can tell you without some logs. They will have no idea what you are doing wrong without them.
    Last edited by mmoc4d22789fa4; 2012-05-04 at 04:04 PM.

Deleted
    not suppoed to call people trolls but yeah......
    1 post, and not giving enough info to help

You need to tell us a bit more, like what spec you are playing, whether you're doing 10man, 25man, or LFR. Logs would be fantastic as well if you have any.

Acquired Taste ~ US - Akama ~ 25Man Raiding Guild ~ HC MSV 6/6.HC HoF 3/6.TES 4/4

can you give us a bit more detail on what you're doing (rotation etc.) and what YOU think the problem might be (such as mobs dying too fast, my rotation sucks, etc.)

Deleted
    Added more info to the post.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ane-Compendium

Check out the Compendium. Actually read it thoroughly. It explains how to properly set up your burn phase and how to work out your conservation phase. If you have additional questions after reading it, feel free to ask, but please read it first.

Acquired Taste ~ US - Akama ~ 25Man Raiding Guild ~ HC MSV 6/6.HC HoF 3/6.TES 4/4

As an arcane mage myself, my rotation is fairly simple, start by popping mirror images and flame orb, if necessary volcanc pot and when on cooldown arcane power. use arcane blast til 90% mana, then use mana gem, then resume arcane blasting until at 40% mana, then evocate and conserve phase, still using flame orb, mirror images and arcane power on cooldown. When Evocation's coming off cooldown hit the burn phase again. I hope that helps you to maximise your DPS. I also hope that if I am doing something wrong with that people will give me advice. I normally have focus magic on a healer, or another mage if there is one present (ideally a fire mage to help them as much as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by Rickdraco View Post
    As an arcane mage myself, my rotation is fairly simple, start by popping mirror images and flame orb, if necessary volcanc pot and when on cooldown arcane power. use arcane blast til 90% mana, then use mana gem, then resume arcane blasting until at 40% mana, then evocate and conserve phase, still using flame orb, mirror images and arcane power on cooldown. When Evocation's coming off cooldown hit the burn phase again. I hope that helps you to maximise your DPS. I also hope that if I am doing something wrong with that people will give me advice. I normally have focus magic on a healer, or another mage if there is one present (ideally a fire mage to help them as much as possible)
    right for the most part, except the conserve to burn transition. start burning again when your evocate is at about 15-20sec left on cd. that way it'll be finished by the time you reach 40% again

Quote Originally Posted by Troublechild View Post
    right for the most part, except the conserve to burn transition. start burning again when your evocate is at about 15-20sec left on cd. that way it'll be finished by the time you reach 40% again
    ah, sorry I should have been clearer, when I say coming off CD that is roughly what I meant, but thank you for the input!

Deleted
    Your first problem is your arcane instead of fire....

Second, gems and enchants are there for a reason, they increase your dps by large leaps and bounds
    Quote Originally Posted by dragjot1 View Post
    My rotation : Arcane blast until mana runs out, evocation, 3-4 arcane blasts, arcane missiles repeat. I actually have no idea what's wrong.
    Your understanding of this is completely off, as others have said go read the Compodium on Eletist...
    If you need hands on advice, find Lambiek on Azuremyst server... ask him nicely and he may be able to help you hands on.

In every fight there are different considerations to make, know the fight to maximize your dps, i.e. for madness always make sure you have a burn phase ready to go during the cataclysm cast and use 4 stacked Arcane explosions on the bloods to most damage while phising for Spellweaves
    Last edited by mmoc980c3dc910; 2012-05-04 at 08:45 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namliam View Post
    Not true in the least. Take a look at the top fire parses then the top arcane parses in h:ds. Arcane is still very viable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Second, gems and enchants are there for a reason, they increase your dps by large leaps and bounds
    I don't think that gems, enchants, and reforging will improve your damage significantly. The best way to improve your dps is to really lock down your rotation, the gems and what-not should increase your damage throughout a fight less than using a core ability at the wrong time or simple rng. I think there was an article about that if I can find it in my bookmarks..

Edit: found it =D http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/07/14/sc...alue-of-skill/
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Arcane is viable on a few fights. Any fight with adds fire should win hands down. Heroic spine is a fight where arcane excels due to burst damage. I'm planning on giving Heroic Hag a shot as arcane as well. Curious to see what kind of damage can be done during feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by propayne View Post
    Arcane is viable on a few fights. Any fight with adds fire should win hands down. Heroic spine is a fight where arcane excels due to burst damage. I'm planning on giving Heroic Hag a shot as arcane as well. Curious to see what kind of damage can be done during feedback.
    It's nice, but it's no combustion during that phase - especially if timed well you can impact the increased combustion off for a couple ticks on ice tombs (sheer padding but hey at this point in a tier that's all we're looking to do).

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

i've been doing this during ice phase. Half the time i get line of sight issues. I'll try casting it a few seconds before.

Thanks for the heads up.