10+ Year Old Account

LoL On Mac Again

So I have this issue living in a house with 5 people with around 5 computers that can play LoL but the problem was 3 of them are Mac's... Don't ask why I absolutely hate Mac's but people insist that their silver shine is somewhat amazing.

Anyways back about a year ago they shutdown the mac client that you could get through various sorts people and tinkering had to be done a bit with the files and for anyone who played 50% or more games on the mac they had a free champion bundle... Anyways just to get to the point here's the link for people who have Mac's and hate their life when friends say you're sad for not being able to play LoL

Link: http://boompje.net/forum/index.php?action=main

EDIT: The client is currently in beta but the game after doing the changes to your video or whatever you have to do runs very well.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2012-04-23 at 08:37 AM.
    Hey everyone

Omg yes, I have always wanted to try this game but have never been able to on my mac. thanks so much for the link
    Gotta pay the troll toll, to get into that boy's soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofchaos View Post
    Omg yes, I have always wanted to try this game but have never been able to on my mac. thanks so much for the link
    No problem, it may be a bit glitchy so when the download is complete, do a custom game and set all your video preferences to benefit you, put the resolution to your mac resolution that is set in system preferences.
    Hey everyone

I'm currently using the Boompje client.

There are some bugs:
    The loading screen sometimes doesn't pop up, forcing you to restart the game,
    &
    Occasional game crashes at 5, 10, 20, 30 & 40 mins into the game. (it doesn't always crash)

These things really keep you from being able to play ranked because those sudden disconnects can really cost you the match.

Other than that, it works perfectly fine.

Deleted
    I used it before when I only owned a Macbook. Now I have a full tower PC and don't need it anymore.

Oh, and heads up to the leopard users, it only works with snow leopard and lion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's a bit buggy and if you have a PC which I tend to play LoL on (I have multiple computers) that is relatively up to date, use it.
    Hey everyone