Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hmm i think you had time enough to get a pretty good taste of Diablo 3

Quote Originally Posted by Trynon View Post
    Anyone else have an amazing time on the D3 Open beta but didnt feel it was available long enough to test ALL the Classes?
    Sounds like it was perfectly long enough to me

Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    It would have been long enough if the servers had been up the whole weekend. Just so happened that a lot of the time i had spare to play, the servers were down.

IMO they get a C- maybe even a D on this stress test.
    Really? They found quite a few fresh issues they hadn't found before, plus undoubtedly a lot more that we haven't been told about. I'd say that's an A+ for a stress test.

Anyone else have an amazing time on the D3 Open beta but didnt feel it was available long enough to test ALL the Classes?
    One run through the available content was about 2-3h and with 5 classes you could play every class through it in one day. And if you just do the main quest without further exploration you could rush through it in about 1-1.5h.

The beta was a good teaser and I hope that this stress test helped to increase server stability because in the test the servers crashed a lot, you had often lag and other issues because of instable servers.

i never played d1 never played d2

tought never would play d3 cause lol hack and slash from hearing it seemed crappy and boring but after the beta i cant wait to play it , was so fun and capturing the zergng around...

did not think i would like it but definatly will play it now ! <3

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was long enough to convince me to pick up the game. <3 Monks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Deleted
    Needed 2 more hours

Deleted
    The full game is out in like 3 weeks >,>

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The beta wasn't there for you to test classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't long enough for me purely because I was working almost the entire weekend (both school work and my job) or else I think it would have been just fine. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I was disappointed that it wasn't enough time to get all the beta achievements.

The beta wasnt for you. It was for Blizzard to test servers. They dont care if you tested all classes.
    On the other side tho it was long, free weekend +1 day. Ive got all classes over lvl10, 2 at 13, and completed the game many times. Some of my friends even got all classes at 13.

@UP
    Lol there was more then enough time. I am only missing 3 classes at max level and i didnt play today or yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Really? They found quite a few fresh issues they hadn't found before, plus undoubtedly a lot more that we haven't been told about. I'd say that's an A+ for a stress test.
    exactly, they found issues. Meaning their servers were not prepared for the amount of stress. How can that be an A+? Im not sying they won't be ready when servers go live, but they weren't ready this weekend. Hence, C-

took like 1 hour to test 1 class, how could you not test them all in 3 full days?

10+ Year Old Account
    Got three classes maxed to 13, with Witch Doctor at 12. Was fun while it lasted, I'm glad I could help with their stress testing also.

I managed to beat the game with each... my issue was with time availability. A week prior to the beta, my motherboard for my desktop died. It is still out on RMA, so, I was limited to when my mom wasn't using her system, for me to play (my laptop could NOT run Diablo 3, which I expected). So, with the like, maybe 20hrs of time I got in, I got a DH and Wizard to 13, my WD was 9, Barb was 10, and Monk was 12.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was long enough to see the game is boring as I expected.

The beta wasnt for you. It was for Blizzard to test servers.
    I got d/c three times, I guess the servers aren't working as they are supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    This. I think that too many people forget the meaning of "beta". If the retail release had come out with all the problems of this beta weekend (i.e. several error messages, server outages, etc.) then we can call that a failure. The beta weekend did exactly what was intended: discover weakness and bugs not present with a limited number of testers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    exactly, they found issues. Meaning their servers were not prepared for the amount of stress. How can that be an A+? Im not sying they won't be ready when servers go live, but they weren't ready this weekend. Hence, C-
    Clearly, you're failing to understand the most basic concept of what a stress test is. No matter how thorough internal is, the network code could never have been properly tested without the sheer numbers of the weekend's open beta. Not finding any issues would have been more of a C- result, as it would have been more likely the test was basically not stressful enough, rather than that their network code has no issues.

To the OP: It was a test, not a free play weekend. It wasn't for you - it was for Blizzard.
    Last edited by Brasko; 2012-04-23 at 05:51 PM.

I had an awesome time and wished they'd extend it but there was enough time to test all the classes. I didn't get to play nearly as much as I wanted to and still managed to level all classes to at least 10. I just keep telling myself only 3 weeks to release. So close yet so far away, I can't wait =)