Poll: Should Blizz hide character Talent Trees from the public?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    With the lack of talent points/tree I'd say this is not a good idea.

This is a very unproductive way of remedying the "cookie cutter problem", the completely wrong way. You're basically asking everyone to censor their talent specs so it wouldn't be cookie cutter?? Talk about treating the symptoms. All it does is to inconvenience everybody since now instead of checking someone's spec, people would just whisper other people into giving up their spec -- which by the way, specs aren't exactly "classified information from an intelligence agency". It's sorta like trying to curb homework cheating by shutting down the Internet.

Lol what's the point, people will still share the cookie cutter stuff on EJ and other forums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    So what I'm getting so far from the replies here, is that despite the fact that Blizz's proposed purpose for the system is to remove the need for cookie cutter specs people will still be judging you based on what talents you take, only now it will be on an encounter by encounter basis instead of class. So we're going to have to respec before each boss now to the currently agreed on 'best spec' for that boss for your class? Not being sarcastic, actually asking.
    Not really. It will only be the more serious Guilds that will make sure you're doing this. I'm not in Beta, so I'm not sure if they've actually implemented it, but I remember them talking about Talents being swappable with a reagent, similar to how Glyphs are now, so swapping for each boss fight will be easy anyway.
    This only with certain Tiers mind you, some Tiers will have Talents that are completely up to you, as they're more a matter of survival.

10+ Year Old Account
    People would just post them in their guides as they do now. Most people google a spec instead of inspecting so it will not change much. Inspecting top guilds when you are not as progressed does not help alot either. That toon may have enough gear to spec out of something you need or run a different spec all together.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

Deleted
    i am pritty sure that while you couldn't inspect people ingame an see more than jsut gear, you could see the ret rep/talents on the armoury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people would actually share their specs voluntarily and others would actively seek those builds. It's not even a makeshift resolution for this issue.

New MoP talent system is actually one of the few good recent changes to WoW.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

15+ Year Old Account
    NO

Wouldnt help, people will share them on forums like this anyway.

And i mean, why cant a noob that doesnt understand anything just copy it from you and still do some decent damage.

He/she will play anyway, good specced or not
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.