Need Some Experts

Okay guys I have a friend who wants to play diablo 3 his budget is 600-650$ Max no more than that. Can anyone help me put together a build this week so he can order the parts and we can start building it thanks. We need everything From OS to HD I can shimmy up a disc drive if needed. Thanks.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does he have a monitor? That is a pretty tight budget without a monitor/OS.

Yes he does have a monitor. He will be using his tv. He was going to buy a desktop from Bestbuy and a powersupply and a graphics card. If he got financing which isnt bad but not even close to enough power if he built one.

Have you browsed through this thread? There are some good sample builds for any price range there. I wouldn't recommend buying a pre-built from a place like BB and then replacing the PSU and GPU. You're already paying more than the sum of the parts and then replacing two of them... may as well just build the rest up as well and get better performance for less $$$.

Yes I have checked that thread out. Just trying to see if there are other options and what not http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811162059
    The link i posted is a case and a 500w Power supply see now it could be the worst thing ever. But I am not sure thats how low of a budget haha

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the best you can get ~650. If you Must drop it below $650 get an XFX 6850 instead of the 6870 I linked below.

Part list permalink / Part price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-2120 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($117.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: ASRock H67M (B3) Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($87.55 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB Video Card ($159.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Gamma Classic (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: OCZ 500W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($33.88 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Amazon)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $677.36
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated 2012-04-23 16:24 EDT-0400)

http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/Sh...px?Submit=view

Okay how about this I know there is no Hard drive but just trying to get the basics down first.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    we cannot see your shopping cart or wishlist.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    That build is pretty much what I linked without the HDD/Optical Drive. Some notes-

That case should be fine.
    I wouldn't recommend a thermaltek PSU, stick with the OCZ I linked.
    What HDD are you planning on buying?

The reason why I went with a different graphics card is because it is cheaper and lets say we dont do the Mail in rebate and I am trying to get everything off of newegg. The hard drive will prolly be off amazon because it is cheaper.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    yea that is perfectly fine. Your build will be fine just don't get that Thermaltek PSU.

Advices: If you want to buy PC parts online, Amazon and BestBuy are the best, Newegg and tiger direct is garbage. In addition, don't forget to check for promo codes related to your item before purchasing online.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delawareguy View Post
    Advices: If you want to buy PC parts online, Amazon and BestBuy are the best, Newegg and tiger direct is garbage. In addition, don't forget to check for promo codes related to your item before purchasing online.
    Not sure if srs O_o. How is Newegg garbage when it is one of the best and cheapest electronic sites on the web?