Thread: Chastise chakra

Chastise chakra

Awesome new additions to Chistise chakra to make it more viable in both pvp, and an atonement build

discuss.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2012-04-25 at 04:46 AM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

still wish we got a better holy word for chastise chakra but whatever.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Seems very strong compared to what disc can do with atonement now.

but, disc does have some nice synergy with penance that does help its atonement, but yeah its starting to look like holy will be better for atonement.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Awesome new additions to Chistise chakra to make it more viable in both pvp, and an atonement build

discuss.
    Where are these awesome new additions that make the Chastise Chakra viable for PvP? The changes for the latest build are:

Quote Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Chakra: Chastise now Increases the damage done by your Shadow and Holy spells by 15%, grants a 10% chance for Smite to reset the cooldown of Holy Word: Chastise, reduces the mana cost of Smite and Holy Fire by 75%, and transforms your Holy Word spell back into Holy Word: Chastise.
    The damage increase and holy word transformation are already there, so the new additions are the 10% HW reset on Smite and the reduced mana cost of Smite and HF. The mana reduction on Holy Fire is nice, but minor. The rest of the changes aren't great because they don't affect the basic difficulty of casting Smite in PvP. It's a long cast that will lock out your heals when interrupted.

This change does, however, look nice for soloing.

I didn't say viable, I said more viable, going from normal CD on your stun, to a chance to reset your stun does make it more useful than it was before.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

These seem like they'll be very interesting pve changes.

Deleted
    I was really looking forward to trying an offensive Holy PvP build utilising Chakra:Chastise and Atonement Glyph to do some nice damage / healing but unfortunately Atonement is no longer a Glyph available to all specs but has reverted back to being a Discipline only Passive

it sounds like to me they want to give holy some viability in pvp. i haven't played wow in a while but if interrupts are still as bad as they where in early cata (the fact that everyone has one on a 10sec cd) and the fact that if you get caught casting holy fire/smite your fucked where as your better off casting mind spike: 1. for more dmg than holy fire/smite 2. not being locked out of holy spells for healing when necessary.

granted though not gonna lie i had some fun with holy in BGs in early to mid cata
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gravebond View Post
    I was really looking forward to trying an offensive Holy PvP build utilising Chakra:Chastise and Atonement Glyph to do some nice damage / healing but unfortunately Atonement is no longer a Glyph available to all specs but has reverted back to being a Discipline only Passive
    wasn't it added to both Holy and Disc skill list?

According to wowhead you learn it at lvl60 in both holy and disc specializations.

Quote Originally Posted by hellgrimm View Post

According to wowhead you learn it at lvl60 in both holy and disc specializations.
    well peopel with beta have stated its disc only right now
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by hellgrimm View Post

Wowhead's database is still buggy like ours (even though quite often theirs is more accurate).
    In game, Atonement is not included in Holy's spell listing, and casting Smite does 0 healing. Without the buff to Chastise, I would have said this was an oversight. Given the new buff, however, I'm thinking more along the lines of Holy plays offensive a lot harder than Discipline, higher pressure in PvP, rather than a milder but sustained pressure/support hybrid. Power Infusion and go to town, even if it does make Archangel suck as much as it did in t11 for Holy.

Maybe push Blizz in a direction that gives an alternate source for Evangelism (Mending casts for Holy, maybe?).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    well peopel with beta have stated its disc only right now
    that makes me sad panda

I love the concept of smite healing but I don't like playing disc... well, it was too good to be real....
    Last edited by mmoc3d05ee6dd7; 2012-04-25 at 11:36 PM.

When you are dpsing in holy? maybe
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    That just seems like a big waste of time and a big pain in the ass though.
    Exactly, like why even buff chastise chakra if the only real use for it (atonement) was taken away.
    Gamdwelf the Mage