2% Heroic Spine wipe with video, feedback please

EDIT: thanks everyone for feedback, downed Deathwing. kill video here

So our raid has been doing spine for a while now, and we did have some stupid close wipes but I have to stay this was the worst. We also saw that with the 15% nerf that it is better to just tank the blood damage and rotate internal and external cooldowns. Is there anything we could have done better in the last three or so minutes of the fight.

Thanks

Last edited by xwarriorx331; 2012-04-27 at 06:52 AM.

Holy crap interface batman. I don't really agree that it is simply better to tank them - kiting of course is better when it actually works. What the tank in the video did though was really pointless since he didn't get any range on the adds which of course makes no sense whatsoever. Moving around while getting constantly hit by everything hardly counts as kiting.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-04-23 at 09:10 PM.

Quick watch of your video, do you guys stall rolls?
    Cause going into 3rd plate with 5+ bloods can add up.

Not sure if u guys stall on 9 stacking the algamation because i hear a person calling stop dps on the algamation a lot. Not sure what happens then and there as your boss frames are blocked by timers and such.
    You should roll as soon you kill the 3rd corruption before the roll, and aoeing the adds during the roll. Save PWB and spirit link for the roll. At least that is what my guild does.
    Your reaching the 2nd go at plate 3 with too many bloods already which causes your death towards the end as the other tank (dk) cannot pick all of the up off the raid.
    If the # of bloods are that many in future attempts, prepare to kite from one end of the platform to the other end. It will save your healer from focus spamming you. Also, you have holy wrath to stun them when you have to turn around and run the other way + life grip for another time. That will definitely provide healers ability to keep up the dk tank that has the algamation and almost as many bloods as you have by the end of the fight. The 15% nerf won't allow you to face tank that many adds still.

In the end, just try to cut time off the total duration of the fight. Don't stall for anything as each second you waste will spawn more and more bloods.

There is absolutely zero reason to stall dps on amalg on 3rd plate, 3rd plate is a burn phase.

Watching the pally tanking the bloods - there are times he runs through the bloods, meaning he is getting hit from behind.

As others have stated, kiting the bloods involves avoiding being hit, not just re positioning them.
    Last edited by Hakto; 2012-04-23 at 09:42 PM.

Thanks for your input, yeh I differently get your point about holding off dps at the end.

It could also be useful to post the entire fight, rather than starting at plate 3.
    Much of what got us the kill in the end was shaving off time earlier in the encounter leaving us with fewer bloods to deal with at the end. Although that was 25man, so perhaps it's not really the same.

In my opinion you have too many bloods, you have to find a way to not let them become too many, the secret in order to do this is to kill some of them in the "nothing to dps" times during the fight and during the rolls. Have your arcane mage do some arcane explosion every now and then (since he is the lowest threat aoer) and use a tank for bloods who can do a LOT of aoe. Also after the 5th tendon, have your amalgamation tank start tanking bloods (just dont kill any of them next to the amalgamation)

this movie is from my point a view (arcane mage) (it was done at 10% nerf more than a month ago)

notice :

1) the low amount of bloods we enter 4th and 5th tendons
    2) the amount of dps of our feral tank
    3) how many bloods we kill during rolls
    4) we dont even kite at the end and noone goes low health

p.s. your ui is a bit bloated so I cant see many more details, ibut the amount of bloods is obviously an issue

this movie is from my point a view (arcane mage) (it was done at 10% nerf more than a month ago)
    Thanks for your video response, did not know about the mage aoe talent spec where you can lower threat by alot...also should help and really nice UI...whats your input/ouput number add on and raid frames add on?

Try the following things:

1. After you blow off the first plate, DPS can never, ever "slow down" on amalgamations. If you don't have enough residue to pick up by the time the amalgamation reaches 10%, the problem is NOT "we are killing the amalgamation too fast", the problem IS "tanks are not killing bloods fast enough OR we need to assign 1-2 DPS to assist them in killing enough bloods".

2. Try tanking both the amalgamation and the bloods against the plate, but on different sides (left/right) of the spine. For instance, have the 0-stack amalgamation up against the plate in the front right, and the bloods up against the plate on the front left. Then, when the amalgamation gets down to 10% or so, the tank can simply drag him across the spine onto the blood pack where there should be a bunch of residues. This instantly stacks the amalgamation to 9, AND puts him in the correct position to explode. Doing it this way, you can easily cause the 9-stack amalgamation to Nuclear Blast before he even AoE ticks once on the raid. Doing it the other way (dragging him all over picking up residue) means you might have him tick 4-5 times when he reaches 9 stack, almost certainly wiping you in p3.

3. Always kill the corruption tentacle when the amalgamation is casting Nuclear Blast. I would assume you already do this (didn't watch the video). This prevents any DPS from being gripped during a tendon burn. A tank will have to pick up the "extra" amalgamation that comes out from this so it doesn't pound on a healer or pick up bloods.

4. Make sure before every roll, you try to have amalgamations soak up as many residue as possible before getting thrown off, so those bloods are effectively removed from the fight.

5. Always kite the bloods in p3 if possible. Use warrior stuns, paladin stuns, lifegrips, etc. The amalgamation tank will likely need to chain-taunt bloods to the plate/amalgamation, since the kiting tank will not be AoEing bloods down. You will kill the bloods that the amalgamation tank has taunted, not the bloods that are being kited.

Quote Originally Posted by xwarriorx331 View Post
    Thanks for your video response, did not know about the mage aoe talent spec where you can lower threat by alot...also should help and really nice UI...whats your input/ouput number add on and raid frames add on?
    1) Make sure he isnt going all out when he has searing plasma on him though
    2) I think you refer to eavesdrop and pitbull

Deleted
    Why are you tanking bloods where the algamation should be tanked ?
    Your gimping yourself by killing them so close to respawn hole.
    Stand still in the middle, only reposition when you have holy wrath up.
    Not much to add besides what others have already said.

If one of your healers gets aggro on the bloods (which is pretty likely towards the end), you can throw him a hand of protection to give yourself some extra time in picking them up. Had you not wasted your b-rez on your resto druid, you probably would have killed it.

Deleted
    Things I noticed.

-Spirit Link was horribly timed, like that was really really terrible.
    -Fiery Grip is taking too long to break. Have your ranged watching the timers and pre-cast so that the attack lands just after the Fiery Grip does. There is no reason for this to ever not be broken instantly.
    - You did a bad job tanking those adds, so many of them were just hitting the raid. Whether you kite them or not is up to you, but you need agro on them. Use RD and Taunt on CD if you have too, after hitting them once or twice they should be stuck to you.
    - CD Management was bad, both for personal CDs and raid CDs. Stuff like Hand of Sac would have been useful to use and would have kept a DPS alive long enough (though they shouldn't have been taking that much damage from the bloods in the first place)

Best of luck

You need more dps to amalgan

We have a paladin tank in our 2nd 10man. I stream both of our raids so if you would like to see how our paladin tanks the bloods, that raid is on Sundays at 7:30pm PST. We will be clearing 8/8 heroic tonight in my main group at 7:30pm PST with a warrior/dk tanking, we usually clear in a couple of hours. Feel free to come check it out.
    www.twitch.tv/scoobeh

When it comes to the 2nd burn on the last tendon make sure people stop worrying about padding numbers and focus on killing the tendon. Any aoe damage done to the bloods will pull aggro if your paladin tank dies, this will most likely cause a DPS to die FIRST instead of a healer possibly making you wipe at 2%

Scooby

Thanks everyone for your tips, got him down Wednesday

Deleted
    Gratz, man.

if you really wanna paladin off tank for the bloods glyph for holy wrath the bloods are elementals so they get stunned for 3 seconds every 15 seconds

and grats on the kill
    Last edited by Divineknight13; 2012-04-27 at 07:09 AM.