Deleted

Tera Censor version for EU how do you feel?

Just read it on another site that Tera EU version is heavy censored and modified to fit age 12+.

I wasn't planning on buying it but so close to release how do ppl feel about this?

I think it's alright.
    Even though they pulled a half-assed job on covering up, it probably pleases a ton of the people that don't want to look at it.

For other though, there's a simple fix to it to have the originals back in.
    I did it for the CB.

Don't judge me!

Oh wait, I may have missed a bit.

Is the censoring heavier than the NA version?
    Last edited by Seasqwaa; 2012-04-23 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't heard this. That is sad though. I've been looking at Tera a bit and was thinking it looked nice, was even thinking of changing over when my annual pass for wow ended . I prefer my games a bit raw, so for me it takes a hit there in terms of my preference. I will probably have to look a bit closer at it now. But it's between Tera and GW2 for me. Simply don't have time to play both and GW2 seems to be taking the lead right now, especially with the lack of subscription.

All and all I think they need to forget the 12+.. besides, what has a 12 year old not seen on tv that would be in a game? Boobs? Blood? My 9 year old niece has seen all the saw and Jason movies.. kids these days.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Seasqwaa View Post
    I think it's alright.
    Even though they pulled a half-assed job on covering up, it probably pleases a ton of the people that don't want to look at it.

For other though, there's a simple fix to it to have the originals back in.
    I did it for the CB.

Don't judge me!

Oh wait, I may have missed a bit.

Is the censoring heavier than the NA version?
    They're removing blood and Sinestral Manor because it's a vampire instance so it's like 100% blood/bones/dead people.
    So yeah, quite a bit more than NA.

Geez, and I thought the ESRB was the worst censorship group ever. PEGI has proved me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Geez, and I thought the ESRB was the worst censorship group ever. PEGI has proved me wrong.
    ESRB's much harsher on sex. PEGI's much harsher on blood. Both are kind of dumb honestly (but not as bad MPAA.)

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    ESRB's much harsher on sex. PEGI's much harsher on blood. Both are kind of dumb honestly (but not as bad MPAA.)
    Yeah lmao, show a tiny bit a boob and the ESRB goes Insane. Every censorship group Is run by retarded Nazi's.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i do not plan on playing tera but i am just bored:

the german "censorship" does not use pegi but its own system (usk/fsk for film/games) so if it is cencored because of germany all others should be untouched.

in the recent years germany has made quite a progress towards games. it was always very liberal on sexual stuff and pretty harsh on violence but today there are way less games censored and forbidden (the time of green blood is over).

as an example: diablo 3 was feared to be censored to meet the usk18 requirement but it got the usk16 one competely unharmed (compared to the us 17+).

and i have no idea why someone would censore zombies and vampires for europe. as far as i know asia is much more touchy in that regard...

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    They're removing blood and Sinestral Manor because it's a vampire instance so it's like 100% blood/bones/dead people.
    So yeah, quite a bit more than NA.
    While blood EFFECTS aren't essential and wouldn't mind losing, that's not the case for the instance.
    that's insane; to remove content entirely? Ouch.

I guess I don't feel so good about this.

Please keep all TERA discussion to the primary thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...April-20-23%29