Character Bio - Wollveren Hamox

I have always been a fan for storytelling and Role Playing, and although never had the chance to try it in game, forums are a great place to role play! This is my first character biography btw

Name: Wollveren Hamox

Age: 34 Years Old (Speculation due to loss of a lot of memory)

Race: Half Human, Half Elf

Languages: Common, Thalassian, Language of Death (Scourge) and some Nerubian (Not fluent)

Class: Death Knight

Faction: None

Personality: Wollveren is an intelligent Human, not a genius but not average he has always been different than others when growing up. Although he can be determined at times, but only when he feels like it, and naturally can get distracted easily and be a bit lazy. He has always been known for his childishness and great sense of humor, and has always been the person one would go to when he wants a good laugh. Skilled combat wise, especially when wielding two-handed weapons he has always been at a disadvantage of size (naturally skinny), but his determination and tough spirit will always make him go that extra mile. Very open to all races of Azeroth even the Horde as during his times in Acherus he has grown a bond with other races of the world. Can be very grumpy at times and rude. Puts himself before others.

Likes: Reading, history, war, engineering, tinkering and more...

Dislikes: Stupidity, ignorance, annoyingness (hope it is a word) and not allowing people to explain themselves.

Appearance:-
    - Skin: Very white pale skin;
    - Face: Blue-silver hair colour, very short beard, glowing blue eyes, scar ontop and through his left eye, not ugly, but not amazing beautiful, has very white teeth, and surprisingly has long canines;
    - Body: Naturally an ectomorph, toned body (muscular for his size), very tall for his race, firm grip;
    - Clothing: Wollveren has no problem most of the time walking around in armor, does not complain about tight clothing or regularly wearing shoes. Has a preference for dark blue armor, preferably created to his style (representing his presonality as a death knight). Has always been one for being well dressed (not wearing ugly clothing).
    - Weapons: Has always had a passion for swords, especially large magic swords. His favourite sword his long and white, with a blue aura around it. Was created in Acherus and inspired by the Lich King's sword Frostmourne.

Strengths: Knowledgeable, independent, tough, skilled when he wants to be, a logical thinking person.

Weaknesses: Very slow, can get mad quickly, showing signs of insanity, not very strong (as one would expect him to be), slow learner, prefers to be alone (Lone wolf).

History: Wollveren's Father is a Human (who's father is from Gilneas and Mother from Lordaeron) and his mother is a full High elf. Ever since Wollveren was born he was never one for spending time with his family and has always preferred to go wander the world learning new things, ever since he was young he never had many friends due to him moving the world a lot, he was born in Silvermoon city, and moved at a very young age to Lordaeron with his father where he began learning about human culture. It is speculated that Wollveren was born a few years before the time of the First War, meaning that he experienced from a young age his passion for warfare and the army. He began learning everything he possible could in Lordaeron whether it is swordsman ship to touching into a bit of arcane magic. He was never truly talented in anything, but had a wide range of knowledge in many things. After many historical events and his Father slowly entering the world of royalty (Mother still in silvermoon, not in contact with Wollveren). The fall of Lordaeron began and the rise of Arthas, at this time Wollveren was in his mid teens and when in his own home with 5 guards and his Father, Arthas (after slaying the king) came in and slew everybody in the house, except for Wollveren, he could see potential in him, that he was no ordinary human, having him kidnapped and trained in the art of necromancy and scourge warfare.

After many many years when the Lich King returned to Icecrown, Wollveren although growing up for many years with the scourge, still did not forget what the Lich King has done to him and his family, and after trying to run away from the necromancers (in Northrend) was slain near Naxxramas where his body was left to rot (no information to who killed him, speculation that one of the four horsemen killed him).

Until the return of the Lich King and the war against him, Wollveren was resurrected by the Lich King to become one of his new Death Knight champions. Because Wollveren was dead for many years he has lost most of his memory and has very faint ideas of his past and who he is, but he still has all his skills and knowledge he once had.
    After the betrayal of the Lich King Wollveren sided with the Ebon Blade to be one of the generals in its army. After the Death of the Lich King it was unknown to where he went or what he is doing, but it is rumored that he is doing what he loves best, wandering and exploring the world, trying to recollect information of his past and find his Mother.

Well thanks for reading, I tried to make this as original as it could be while still following the story of World of Warcraft. There may be some mistakes here and there so please do point them out, am open to criticism! I am quite pleased by the final result and I do plan on updating the story, (finding out that his mother has become of the San'layn) Again thanks!
    Last edited by DeathKnight Guy; 2012-04-21 at 06:51 PM.
    \

I just wanted to be the first to say welcome to the RP forums!

So getting into your bio, then...

In terms of his strengths and weaknesses, you say he is knowledgeable and logical, but he is slow, easy to anger, partially insane, and a slow learner. As well, you say he's tough, but not very strong. Perhaps you should elaborate more on these, since at least from where I'm coming from, I'm seeing some contradictions. Usually logical people aren't very emotional (and therefore harder to rile up) and aren't insane, for example.

You say that he was born in Stormwind roughly before the first war, and is a half elf. Now the thing is that the elves didn't really associate with humanity that much during this timeframe until the second war when Lothar came up to them as... I think he was the sole ancestor of a king of Arathor, which was a human empire that spanned from current Lordaeron to the territory Stormwind has under its control and that helped destroy the Amani with the quel'dorei. But point is, there's a low chance that a high elf would have partered with a human before the second war unless there was some special reason. I think that it can work, though I'm personally against half-breeds, but I would like to see more information about it. Perhaps his parents met in Dalaran?

As for his being spared by Arthas and being possibly killed by one of the Four Horsemen, I'd like to say that generally speaking, it's not a good idea to have your character be in such close proximity to major lore figures. It makes for a much more interesting story if you can make him a death knight without having him be attatched to Arthas

That's... basically it. The character's first name doesn't seem all that human to me, but that may just be me being a bit too tough. I feel that while there's some rough spots with the character, I think he has the capacity to be great and I would really reccomend working on him. I think you have the ability to be a great roleplayer, and I would love to see this character flourish!