Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I agree with you that Cata raids are not as good as previous expansions. However, saying that Blizzard forcing the player to waste time ingame is wrong to be honest because don't we all play this video game when we have spare time in our real life and want the time to pass while we play this game?

Saying that there is nothing to do outside of raid and pvp is not the game problem it's the players themselves. I see so many players do so many things outside of pvp and raiding, Archaeology, farming, farming rare mounts, killing rare mob spawns (Frostbitten, Bloody rare), farming mounts and pets, dailies and much more.

See? it's the way of the player who play this game I'm not saying the game is perfect nope far from it and I agree with you raids are not that good this expansion but, saying that ppl got bored because there is nothing to do outside of pvp and raids it's the players problem it's their game style the way they play the game what makes them get bored not the game itself because unfortunately some ppl see WoW as nothing but raid, and pvp and nothing else which is completely wrong this game is not just about raid and pvp there are so many things outside of these two catagories.
    ...=/ are you actually reading your reasoning behind trying to justify the removal of HGWT?

How does the removal of HGWT automatically encourage people to go out and do the things you mention like: Archeology, Farming for rare mounts, Camping NPC rare spawns, dailies and etc?

It doesn't, you can't mass summon yourself to a dig site, you can't mass summon yourself to a questing hub, you can't mass summon yourself to an entrance of a dungeon.

The people who are out there doing the things you mention, are out there doing it because they enjoy doing it, not because they have HGWT...

Your reasoning implies that the people who are "lazy" and "idling" in city hubs, aren't out doing those mentioned above, because they are waiting for someone to "mass summon" them to the location of that activity...

Which brings me back to my main point, removing HGWT isn't going to encourage any world activity, that's an illusion, people aren't going to leave the city hub more than they have too, regardless of having HGWT, the only thing that comes from removing the perk is that, each players will now have to make their own way to their destination, through other means, but let's be honest, the majority of us will just go back to the days before HGWT and just AFK alt-tab while riding a taxi.

I'm really glad they are getting rid of guild summons tbh, it's a step at making the game feel more world like again. Yes i know in and of itself it's not going to encourage more world activity , but it's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayydee View Post
    Which brings me back to my main point, removing HGWT isn't going to encourage any world activity, that's an illusion, people aren't going to leave the city hub more than they have too, regardless of having HGWT, the only thing that comes from removing the perk is that, each players will now have to make their own way to their destination, through other means, but let's be honest, the majority of us will just go back to the days before HGWT and just AFK alt-tab while riding a taxi.
    Exactly. Lazy people are still going to be lazy...they'll just impact the others more now...again. Back to piles of people sitting afk at FPs...and "Where's <insert name>?"..."AFK".

10+ Year Old Account
    so long as guilds still give increased EXP people will feel obliged to join one while levelling. Getting rid of couldrons would be a nice boost for alchemy though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    The main reason of removing the mass summon is not only about some players got lazy over the time but also about the WoW world overall got way too small with flying mount + mass summon = very small world which make some ppl get bored of this game so fast then they will start to whine to ask more content and faster content. Mass summon is indeed convienent and useful but also ruined WoW world.
    '

Making every zone accessible via portals from Org did far more damage to the size and feel of the world than Mass Summons ever did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayydee View Post
    ...=/ are you actually reading your reasoning behind trying to justify the removal of HGWT?

How does the removal of HGWT automatically encourage people to go out and do the things you mention like: Archeology, Farming for rare mounts, Camping NPC rare spawns, dailies and etc?

It doesn't, you can't mass summon yourself to a dig site, you can't mass summon yourself to a questing hub, you can't mass summon yourself to an entrance of a dungeon.

The people who are out there doing the things you mention, are out there doing it because they enjoy doing it, not because they have HGWT...

Your reasoning implies that the people who are "lazy" and "idling" in city hubs, aren't out doing those mentioned above, because they are waiting for someone to "mass summon" them to the location of that activity...

Mate you misundertood me here I didn't say removing HGWT will make ppl do more dailies, archaeology and all of these stuff I mention you these kinda stuff because you said people get bored because there is nothing to do outside of raiding and pvp then I answered you with that. The things I mention about it's ppl problem that they get bored because as I said some ppl see this game as nothing but raids and pvp only which is wrong this game is more than these two catagories there are so many features and fun inside this game other than raids and pvp. I said that to answer the thing you said about ppl get bored of content because there is nothing to do outside raiding and pvp it's not about removing HGWT. you misunderstood me.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That'sssss quite the palacccce complex you have there. Would be a sssshame if sssssomeone raided it.

I think seeing that large of a palace, it's safe to say the Zandalari storyline ends in MoP.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dwandurr View Post
    I'm really glad they are getting rid of guild summons tbh, it's a step at making the game feel more world like again. Yes i know in and of itself it's not going to encourage more world activity , but it's a start.
    I feel like it's more of a head start in getting people burned out quicker, at this point.
    The flight distance from town to raid entrance is a part of the world that - after 100 flights over it - I'll be more than HAPPY to have feel small.

As another poster mentioned, the world only felt small because the new zones just "popped up" through portals - two of them were actually self-contained bubbles, literally.
    Everyone just sat around in Dalaran in Wrath, but the world didn't feel disjointed and tiny back at that time, honestly.

And... racing?!? Seriously, Blizz... wtf... not again.
    Some of the worst quests I've done (Netherwing) - seriously, EVER.
    Maybe part of the quest chain can be jumping platforms with poor collision detection, while they are at it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    '

Making every zone accessible via portals from Org did far more damage to the size and feel of the world than Mass Summons ever did.
    Yes I agree I never liked so many portals in the game tbh. It's the main reason why I hated DS raid not because of reskin bosses or anything like that but because of a lot of portals inside this raid making it less attractive for me.

Who knows, maybe Blizzard will be charitable and 'incorporate' the Chug/Increased Flasks into the cauldron by default & it's just NYI... everything else is getting that treatment (more or less) in the way of talents, so why not just work it into the cauldron flask? Then again, it could just be so you have to farm mats more...or farm your farm, whatever it's time vs return rate is.

Getting rid of HGWT is pretty terrible. Was easily the best thing they'd put in, but oh well. I'm looking forward to hearing 24 other people bitch about who's gonna come out and help me start summoning.

Got to agree with the city portals thing some others have said. Mass summon isn't super bad in that it cuts down more on the abuse warlocks get, although I admit it i have met some friends hanging out at message stones. It's things like that that encourage you to interact with others in this game, big or small.

However, city portals; with the introduction of flying mounts, it's silly that they are in the game to begin with. I saw a case for them when you needed to go to capital cities from Dal quite a bit if you wanted to respec, AH etc. But nowadays? It's 100% convenience that encourages laziness.

I am curious about these gaming fund raisers that people do these days; Are there special forms that they have to file as with charities or non-profits, or do they simply do their thing, collect money and then pass it on down the road?

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    "Defeat Vengeful Hui"

I can hear Russian players giggling at this.
    Lol we are

I love the new gem icons for some reason!

finally they will remove have group will travel first warlock's are going to be needed again and second more ppl in the world means a little bit more world pvp.
    in my opinion most part of the ppl dont like/avoid world pvp but that is the reason there are pvp and pve servers ... if you dont want world pvp go to a pve server and you solve your problem. let the pvp servers be what they are supossed to be players vs players (world pvp).

Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    so...blizz wants us to waste more time, shocking, truly shocking
    Agreed. Despite the comment correction below about "options", I believe bliz actually does want us to waste more time. There's a fraction of the player base for whom completionism is a chronic compulsion. If bliz builds it, they will grind it. For whichever portions of the population exhibit this trait and to whichever degree, the aggregate effect of scaling the time occupied by these activities will stretch out the duration that a fraction of the playerbase continues to renew subscriptions. I can't speak for others, but I have a hard enough time grinding out the more difficult aspects of existing content as is (eg. Weekly solo clear of Molten Core for 3 years without EVER seeing Eye of Sulfuras drop). The usual debate about drop rates and how harder things feel more rewarding ensues (I call BS on the whole concept). I don't welcome changes which make the existing grind harder/longer.

A number of people have echoed the suggestion for a droprate bonus for not-yet-seen rare drops which would stack and reset as you grind. This would at least put an upper bound on "bad luck". Grats to those lucky SOBs who get rivendare's mount on the first try. I'd like to at least have an end in sight for the grind which doesn't scale into the thousands of attempts.

:/ I think they should move Have Group to level 30, or make it so that it only summons one other person or something. I guess it was a little overpowered in that you could summon an entire 40 man raid into Stormwind or what have you.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabence View Post
    NO! More Zandalari! I was hoping we were done with them ;/
    then you haven't realy done any quests around the lore haven't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    then you haven't realy done any quests around the lore haven't you?
    I would not be surprised if the Zandalari got their own expansion. TONS of stuff they could do to wrap up that part of Warcraft lore.