Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[SWTOR]WTF is up with people in PvP and NOT knowing what to do

Ok so im no PvP great pro or anything but I am a bit seasoned.

why is it that NOBODY goes for healers nowadays at least on my server (canderous)

everytime im fighting mid in civil war NOBODY goes for marked healers and mid goes to imps due to over-flooding and repubs dieing really makes me wanna think bout rolling Imp.

I love the pvp in this game it has its flaws but it is fun and a great way to spend time at 50 when not doing Ops but DAMN MAN im tired of losing WZs because I am the ONLY 1 with maybe 1 other targeting heals. its costing me medals, kills, and comms having to lose to healers.

also to any gunnery troopers i was wondering is it even possible to kill a healer gunnery and if it is whats your spec for it this is mine
    http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...f11efef17efef4

if im gonna be the only healer targeter i need to be more of a killer rather than a minor itch

I can't remember a time people have ever naturally gone for healers in PvP when it wasn't at least partly a premade team...

15+ Year Old Account
    The simple answer to be honest is Healers are not up in your face beating your ass! The healer off to the side healing 2-3 people is not the toon that you see right on your toons ass beating it thus the natural reaction is to start defending yourself vs the toon you see right next to yours. It's more of an ego / defensive ration but most want to beat the crap out of the one that just challenged us > the guy in the back out of sight.

In rated BG and arenas you go in with a very precise goal and that is to win with the best strat possible... in randoms its more for eeping flexing thus the "come at me bro" mentality you see and the 1 v1 fight in the middle of the road between 2 dps! This goes across all games..be it TOR, WOW, WAr hammer etc etc... different games same mentality!

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    WoW was like that for years. It took a really long time for the general populace to become educated enough in PvP to properly prioritize and target. Even then, it isn't done properly to the level it should be.

The best you can do is try to educate people in every WZ you participate in while trying to not sound like an a-hole. It will take time, but it will get better as people learn the game. Things really do become a problem when the other team has three healers. At that point, you aren't going to kill anything without proper focus and interrupts.

I would also recommend avoiding solo queuing if possible. Join up with a group for better communication.

I always play BG as healer priest. I just don't like being DD in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    WoW was like that for years. It took a really long time for the general populace to become educated enough in PvP to properly prioritize and target. Even then, it isn't done properly to the level it should be.
    WoW is still like that. 9 times out of 10 I will be the ONLY player in a BG trying to kill or CC a healer even with me pointing them out in chat and suggesting people target them instead of the blood DK.

10+ Year Old Account
    It drives me crazy in both games, but it does make being a healer super easy as no one seems to notice me, sorcerer or disc. I would love to see more people aware of how to prioritize targets in WZ's and BG's, but I can't think of a really good way to do it short of some kind of automated tutorial in-game. A lot of people join up for PvP just to pew pew.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Too many cowboys.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

I always go for healers before any other target, unless said target is capping something. I get zerged a lot by the opposing team as a result, as their healers love me.

Also... I feel compelled to point out that going for the healer isn't ALWAYS the right plan. I mean if the other team accomplishes an objective because you were too busy mucking around with a healer, that's no good.

Keeping a healer occupied isn't a bad thing. There is more than one strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Who said it was? I was just saying that sometimes it's not the most important thing a person can be spending their time doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Also... I feel compelled to point out that going for the healer isn't ALWAYS the right plan. I mean if the other team accomplishes an objective because you were too busy mucking around with a healer, that's no good.
    cant argue that logic Arlee but when the healers are keeping up the 6 im mid while repubs do their usual death march neither can really cap the point.

i mean yea keep the objective first but if you cant get the objective because there is too many to fight through you gotta rethink the strat. I go for healers first because if they die there is noone to heal the vibro-op that runs through and shoves a shiv up ppls arses or the maras that tear us to pieces. no heals they die and we can slowly get cap but if they live its that much harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    this is my thinking if they have to heal themselves then they cant heal others, but damn even with the nerf i cant seem to break them down past 50% before they pop big heals and are back to full (gunnery) maybe im doing it wrong but this is causing me to lose out on medals and kills(i love kills ) and just getting WRECKED by the enemy. Maybe i have a bounty in PvP now cuz all i do is go straight for heals and keep them busy.
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2012-04-24 at 03:32 PM.

Point out to them the benefits of killing the healer, "guys, if you focus down that heals first, you'll be able to kill the dps right after, more kills = more medals" or something like that. Or just queue premades/with friends and you'll be fine :P
    A Random Australian for 18 years and counting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Given that it was over 6 years ago that they were together, as your attorney I advise you to tap that ass like a keg.
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    We don't see those types of items much anymore. Its mainly +400 stam + 300 str +120 crit rating. Not +20 stamina chance on hit to apply elder's special bad touch to target if target is under the age of 10.

im glad whem ppl switch to me, as i am holy paladin, then i can tank shitloads of damage while my group mates rape all their offence buwuahahahqwuwuaha! >

Absolutely I do know one of my main frustrations in PvP is people tunnel visioning various things and not paying attention to what is going on around them... though I do exploit that as well. I can't tell you the number of times I have run into one of the huts on the Novarre Coast and ninja'ed it because people were to busy fighting off to the side or even out in front... and I don't even have stealth.

you're rewarded for showing up. so they show up.

in wow there were a lot less bads constantly queuing up when losing meant you got farmed and nothing else because they were all on the official forums complaining about twinks. now you can do nothign and get a full pvp set in a week or two. swtor would be no different. lose and get nothing = losers stop queuing after they try it out

---------- Post added 2012-04-24 at 10:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    im glad whem ppl switch to me, as i am holy paladin, then i can tank shitloads of damage while my group mates rape all their offence buwuahahahqwuwuaha! >
    the people who always say HEALER FIRST no matter what are the ones who don't kill casters first in pve lol
    i try to explain about pressure but then i realize that nobody on my team gives a shit OR they already know. random bg pvp in wow is the most stressful thing online i experience and i let it troll me every time, swtor wasn't as bad but it may have been because i wasn't as sharp yet. i remember my first warzone having bots though. just sad.
    Last edited by fizzbob; 2012-04-24 at 04:17 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ive found that calling your teammates idiots, retards, fails, baddies, etc....is the best way to get them to change their play style.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    Ive found that calling your teammates idiots, retards, fails, baddies, etc....is the best way to get them to change their play style.
    More often than not, such comments end up just creating a ton of arguing in chat. Overall, that doesn't benefit the team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Proven fact though, if you spam in caps, eventually one might listen...... As long as 1 other person understands, then slowly the rest will...
    (small pop server..)
    It's taken a while, but now a good chunk of the republic pug base actually defend 2 to a door/node, instead of leaving somebody there alone.