Deleted

[Heroic Spine Shadow] Worth going with ultra low haste?

So i know that reforging haste to mastery/crit is the way to go.
    My question is how low should i go :P

I calculated a reforge with ~1.7k haste and a shitton of mastery and crit while being hitcapped ofc. With more mastery then crit.

My question is:
    Is it worth dumping 1.5k haste only for tendon damage? Or should i go for vt+2 atleast (no DI for me :<)
    I will try it out myself this evening, but i want to hear some thoughts about this issue :P

Thanks in advance <3

ps: talking about 10m with 2 tanks and 3 healers
    pps: eu so still @15% nerfed

Your VT damage won't matter at all on this fight, stay with as much mastery as you can. The damage on the Amalgalons is nowere near as important as the damage on hte tendrons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go with loads of mastery, don't forget the Bottled Wishes trinket either. If you don't stack cunning/str trink to aoe bloods^^

Deleted
    Thank you for the replys so far, going with WoU and Botte, got no Cunning anyways :X

Got the actual numbers now:
    17% Hit
    ~2,5k Mastery
    ~1k Crit
    ~1.7k Haste

yaay or nayyy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    Thank you for the replys so far, going with WoU and Botte, got no Cunning anyways :X

Got the actual numbers now:
    17% Hit
    ~2,5k Mastery
    ~1k Crit
    ~1.7k Haste

yaay or nayyy?
    yaay i would saay

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's best to see where your group's damage is too. If you are getting the tendon to 35% on the first lifts, you are better off reforging as you normally would, and focusing the tendon on the first lift, and then putting full DPS on the amalgamation. Amalgamation DPS does matter, the faster the amalgamation dies, the shorter the fight is. The shorter the fight, the easier it is.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Deleted
    wow i played spine now and beeing at low haste is awkward and nice at the same time ^^
    out of 4pc it feels very... guess what -> slow
    but burning tendrons makes me a happy panda

however we two or three attempts so i could not really see how it works out :P

outside of tendon damage do you guys focus on mindflay to get fiend back as soon as possible?
    or do you play the "normal" rotation?

because my feeling was that i would not have fiend for the second lift at tendron one...

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    outside of tendon damage do you guys focus on mindflay to get fiend back as soon as possible?
    or do you play the "normal" rotation?
    Your sfiend has to be back up for the next tendon burn or your damage is going to be shit. Flay any blood you can if you have to wait for the amalg to spawn, and when it spawns tag it with a SW:P and then start spamming flay. Once you're getting near the end of the cycle and can see how close you are to your sfiend being up you can start adding some VTs, DPs, and maybe some MBs / SW: Ds into your rotation if you're lucky.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-04-24 at 10:08 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    I would say it depends on how much time it takes you to burn the amalgamation.

If you could have trinket + AA + SF every tendon, I'd say it's worth it to spam MF. Otherwise, not.
    All depends if your group is short on killing the tendon in two lifts. If not, don't bother and follow your normal rotation on the amalgamation to make the fight shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    If you could have trinket + AA + SF every tendon
    With nerfs (unless you've had the fight on farm for weeks or more) there's no reason for your group to not have at least 90 seconds between each burn. I went in on my terribly geared alt shadow priest (385ish?) and I was having no trouble getting my fiend up for every plate even with a fair chunk of my haste reforged off. Unless you're doing a 1 min amalg strat or you just get shit on with sfiend procs on a particular cycle, there's no reason to not have sfiend up for every burn.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    With nerfs (unless you've had the fight on farm for weeks or more) there's no reason for your group to not have at least 90 seconds between each burn. I went in on my terribly geared alt shadow priest (385ish?) and I was having no trouble getting my fiend up for every plate even with a fair chunk of my haste reforged off. Unless you're doing a 1 min amalg strat or you just get shit on with sfiend procs on a particular cycle, there's no reason to not have sfiend up for every burn.
    Considering the debuffs there is no longer a need to have fiend to the seccond burn phase on each tendron as this is where the bonus gets worse (SW: D > MS) so you're better off helping your raid bringing down the Amalgamation faster

If you are going to reforge then you go full mastery, there is no point going half way and compromising dot damage as well as your 4pc rotation.

Honestly since the last lot of nerfs I don't bother reforging or changing trinkets or trying to get sfiend back for the 2nd lift. Just saying maybe have a few attempts and see what your raid groups tendon damage is like first.

@eErike
    I wholeheartedly disagree. That might be the case for your group but you have to remember a lot of the groups that are working on this fight at this point likely have subpar tendon DPS. While it's worth noting that there is a point where tendon DPS isn't everything, chances are if you're just reaching the fight now then you're not at that point.

Edit: There's also a point where more Amalgamation DPS can actually harm you. If you can push an amalg in 70 seconds, great, good for you. If you're pushing the amalgamation in 95 seconds, and then after a few weeks of farm you can do it in 85 seconds, it's probably not actually helping you.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-04-24 at 10:23 PM.

Deleted
    Regarding gearing/reforging: Mastery ftw

Regarding what to do when you're not burning a tendon - It really depends on your raid setup. I see that you are running 10 man so you obviously have a limited amount of people for each job. Personally the only job I was assigned to was breaking the grips with an arcane mage, this left me free to help with whatever was required at the time, be that aoe blobs, shield people, or single target the amalgamation.

If your raid dps is very tight on the tendons then spamming Mind Flay on the amalgamation is the best thing do to, however make sure your raid is aware you need to do this as it will limit what else you can do (I personally never needed to do this, if the tendons get below 50% after the first burn you should be safe, a lot of classes have executes so the dps for the 2nd 50% is generally a lot faster than the first 50% even if you are missing Shadow Fiend). If not required you should generally dot up the amalgamation and just help with whatever you are assigned to.
    Last edited by mmocffb95c3baf; 2012-04-24 at 10:58 PM.

I agree completely with Totemanic. Raid make up can really effect what you do. However yes mastery is the way to go, I think I ran about 1800 haste. When we did this, our raid set up was hardly the best (being a 10man as well). I was finding it very hard to get my fiend up for the second burn, even with Mind Flay spam in between, so I ended up reforging into about 25% crit as well. Not having the fiend up hurt my dps a lot (lack of 3 3 orbed Mind Blasts is a large loss).