Deleted

Upgrading for TERA, or not?

Hey all o/

Ill start off saying that i have played the beta of the game, and encountered a problem during that. (im planning to buy it from day one of release, that is next week)

Problem is, once every 1-6 min, i would get a 1-4 sec "freeze" in place, and after that it keeps on going. So lets say that if i autowalk on a horse to a destination, i may encounter this and get freezed, after that i would instantly be around 20m ahead of the freeze (means i actually kept on running, but only i couldnt see it because i was frozen.

Now i know it was just a beta-thing, others did not experience this, but i am really looking forward to playing it the day its released & dont really want to encounter this

My guess is that my RAM is too low. Or at least while playing the game.... Ok, lets get to my crappy PC. The requirements vs my PC is right here:

Games minimum setup compared to mine: http://i.imgur.com/2waWa.jpg
    Games recommended setup compared to mine: http://i.imgur.com/AEkud.jpg

As you see, i have 3GB of RAM. Now once looking onto wikipedia,

http://i.imgur.com/MO8Qq.jpg

you see that it says 4GB is needed. Now according to a poster on TERA main discussion thread, this isnt legit.

http://i.imgur.com/eZA1d.jpg

2GB is minimum, but 4GB is recommended.

Either that, or it could be my CPU speed.

back to recommended according to Systemrequirementslab.com, minimum is 3.2GHz, and i have 2.8 (but somehow 5.04 once "performance rated"), what could that mean? Could this be the problem, or should i get hold of more RAM to solve the problem?

Note that i can not recall the settings i were playing on, but i am not willing to go lower than what i was on, only way to solve this is by going up . Thanks once again!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It might be that you meet the requirements but that your parts are old/bad. It would help if you listed your computers parts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hapylol View Post
    It would help if you listed your computers parts
    Alright, now just tell me what you want (and how precisely i get that information) x)

This is all i can get so far:

http://i.imgur.com/dNy7f.jpg

Sorry for the language by the way: But i think you can figure out what is for what since most of us have the same layout on these pages

I know a couple people in the beta who has performance issues when slightly above the recommended settings as well. No random freezes that I know of, but spikes of 2-5 fps and low fps during hectic bits. He just blamed beta and plans on seeing what its like on release before upgrading.

Given that release is so close though, I can't imagine it getting much better. I'd check your drivers are the most up to date before thinking about upgrading anything.

I also played the beta Crucified, and I can say there are honestly just some problems, I mean, it was a beta! But moving on, I would recommend bumping up to 4gb of RAM, because it will help with everything and not just TERA. As for the random Freezing? I got that too, it was every couple of hours or so, but I still experienced it and here are my specs:
    AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @3.8Ghz
    8GB 1600Mhz G.Skill Ripjaws X RAM
    ATI Radeon 6870 1GB GPU -- Crossfire
    WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200rpm 64mb Cache
    Gigabyte ga-990fxa-ud3 mobo

So I'm more than over recommended and I still experienced the issue, I would just chalk it up to beta troubles!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    I know a couple people in the beta who has performance issues when slightly above the recommended settings as well. No random freezes that I know of, but spikes of 2-5 fps and low fps during hectic bits. He just blamed beta and plans on seeing what its like on release before upgrading.

Given that release is so close though, I can't imagine it getting much better. I'd check your drivers are the most up to date before thinking about upgrading anything.
    Alright, ill wait until then. Although playing with overqualified settings won't really damage anything permanently in the PC?

I also played the beta Crucified, and I can say there are honestly just some problems, I mean, it was a beta! But moving on, I would recommend bumping up to 4gb of RAM, because it will help with everything and not just TERA. As for the random Freezing? I got that too, it was every couple of hours or so, but I still experienced it and here are my specs:
    Great, *confidence lvl up* Although 4GB is the absolute max for a 32 bit system, should i get a 64 or just stick with what i have?

Hi!
    I'm tossing you over to the Upgrade / Build help section. o/

Your build should honestly handle it fine <-- Coming from someone who hasn't played it, albeit read a little.
    &nbsp;

not sure why you are having the problems...ram as you said...the game when running was eating 1.7gigs of mine and another 1.3gig for OS and other background programs so it could well be this.
    Oddly though my processor was not passing the test on systemrequirementslab but the game ran fine.

Deleted
    Alright, thank you all for the help Will hit the store to max out 4gigs ram and then get the game before i do anything more ^^