Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Frost dk is super easy, but you're also really squishy and will eb the main target of any cleave team

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    I want to play a new PvP class but don't want to take forever learning all the X's and O's, classes with a ton of confusing talents I want to stay clear of. What class can I easily jump into and master? Anything besides a rogue.
    play heal pally
    everyone will love you for rbg, arena 3v3 has viable comps and not hard either

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

A skilled hunter will shit on anything and everything. Hunters are the definition of HARDEST class to learn PvP on.

This. I love PVP on my hunter, which is what I started on, but I can definitely say that it is the hardest class to master in PVP (high end). Sure, in low lvl bg's it's mashing buttons but the higher end such as Arenas is hard to master.

OP: I'd say a mage or DK. I have both, and play both in PVP. The easier of the two is probably a DK (frost or blood, UH is not as easy).

Frost Mage by far.

In my opinion frost mage, but I play a hunter so that definitely has some effect on my opinion.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

I am finding Frost Mage quite boring to PVP lately...

Just freeze, slow, poly, control something, repeat... Just control, control, control... I want to kill stuff!

Hunter's have offensive dispels, interupts, silences and can do damage from range. They are really good when played well in world pvp. Take off instant pyroblast and impact stuns our mastery even procs off them so it's like you don't miss a steady shot. If they would just bring back eagle eye. Hunter's would be awesome and a just destroy everyone class. At the same time hunters are probably the worst class to backpedal on in the history of wow with minimum range and such. No class can be as bad as a bad hunter. With a bad player, playing it.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Don't listen to the idiots saying Frost Mage or Rogue. They have the highest skill cap (i'm only talking about arena btw, RBGs and the like are stupid) and also play some of the hardest comps (IE RMP being hardest comp in game).

Deathknight has the LOWEST skill cap in the game, and also plays some really fun comps. If you want to heal, restoration shamans are really good and once you get the hand of it aren't too hard to play. Holy pallys are probably the easiest as far as buttons, but they get CCed easy as they have no real way to avoid it, luckily you don't need to fake cause all (read most) of their skills/heals are instants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Blizzard made sure to perpetuate the "huntard" stereotype so much so that 99% of hunters are seriously freaking terrible. You won't find mediocre players of any other class as bad as for hunters. Why? Because hunter skill floor is absurdly high.

A skilled hunter will shit on anything and everything. Hunters are the definition of HARDEST class to learn PvP on.

Warriors have a fairly low skill floor. I'd say the lowest skill floor goes to blood death knights, subtletly rogues and frost mages. That's not to say the latter three specs have a low skillcap. They're skill cap is absurdly high as well though not as much as hunters. Warrior skill cap is low simply due to how we need to be baby sat more than any other class in the game.

Ret and frost dk come to mind when we're talking easiest class to learn PvP with. While ret is definitely hard to master due to the amount of utility they bring to a team, they're solo and 2's play is generally fairly easy. Frost dk on the other hand is just ridiculously simple.

I'd say frost dk takes the cake on easiest SPEC to learn to PvP with.
    You're totally misusing skill floor. Like in an almost opposite manner.

*sigh*

Look- A high skill floor would be like frost mages where no matter how bad you are, you still aren't that bad. A low skill floor would be like hunters where if you're bad, you're probably going to die more than other classes.

Actually, I'd probably put rogues as having the lowest skill floor, because if you play a combat rogue like a fury warrior, you'll die bad and often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    Hunter's have offensive dispels, interupts, silences and can do damage from range. They are really good when played well in world pvp. Take off instant pyroblast and impact stuns our mastery even procs off them so it's like you don't miss a steady shot. If they would just bring back eagle eye. Hunter's would be awesome and a just destroy everyone class. At the same time hunters are probably the worst class to backpedal on in the history of wow with minimum range and such. No class can be as bad as a bad hunter. With a bad player, playing it.
    But hunters can't pressure any healer to death and are wanted in RBGs due to their lack of damage in any "good" team. They are very heavily reliant on others to be successful and even if you're freecasting, your damage is by far uncomparable than that of a caster like a spriest, mage, lock also freely doing damage if we use this example. Just look around, most ppl prefer casters if they say they want some pressure and damage, it's not hard to find out that out.

You can say what you want about that good hunters can do anything, but those are the minority and it wouldn't be fitting for newcomers since the class just isn't for the weakhearted - there's a lot of finesse involved, probably on the level as rogues or if not more. For example, if you don't know how to kite, then you're screwed since you'll have to kite more than any other class vs melee or even casters who hug you.

As a result, I would recommend a frost mage instead due to their higher burst potential as well as an easier time to CC. It should be much better for first-timers as you have more tools in your arsenal (kiting abilities for hunters don't count as def cds vs casters, it doesn't matter). Also, saying that it isn't fair to compare 1v1 can go both ways since hunters are good at kiting melee and all, but are most vulnerable to spell damage since they also lack the cds to mitigate such damage. They also cannot put up the damage to kill healers single-handedly so one advantage just leads to another disadvantage.
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2012-04-26 at 06:04 PM.

Mages are easy? Man you guys can't tell the difference between "powerful" and "easy".

I guess the "easiest" thing is a healer. And bonus: you can get into just about any team because there's always a big healer shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by Talkshowhost View Post
    I heard Rogues are pretty easy, Shadow Priests aren't hard either.
    Spriests are easy but they're a bad class for PvP, seriously if you have a Priest go Disc or go home. I DID once play against a Spriest who nearly killed me, he didn't of course (^_^) but MAN that guy was good.

Rogues are not even remotely easy. You need a lot of skill to play a Rogue properly unless you just want to scrub out in random bgs vs a bunch of gearless idiots.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2012-04-27 at 03:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Rogues are not even remotely easy. You need a lot of skill to play a Rogue properly unless you just want to scrub out in random bgs vs a bunch of gearless idiots.
    Rogues are easy if you play faceroll. If you want to play high performance though, different story.

all mage specs is faceroll, and frost dks is easy, and rogues is pretty easy aswell

frost dks take the cake as the easiest.. like stated u have a long ranged constant slow (talented howling blast) , u can grip people close to you... and you can stop them from healing almost indefinitly.(necrotic strike).. plus u have AMS to prevent any harmful magic dmg from reaching u... its really a no brainer frost dks are the easiest.

Feral Druids are pretty easy to learn. I've only been pvping about 1.5 months and I tear crap appart. It just takes a little gear to not die quite as quick and a decent healer at my side and I rip through things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    Mage

nova/deepfreeze people, then mash icelance on them

thats it

literally

thats it

i bet you're a good mage ^^

frost Dk.

---------- Post added 2012-04-27 at 08:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Morvettewow View Post
    Feral Druids are pretty easy to learn. I've only been pvping about 1.5 months and I tear crap appart. It just takes a little gear to not die quite as quick and a decent healer at my side and I rip through things.
    i have no doubt that you're having fun . but with under 5k HKs and no 1550...the language you use is a little strong ^^.

feral is no lol.

i have no doubt that you're having fun . but with under 5k HKs and no 1550...the language you use is a little strong ^^.

feral is no lol.
    Just because I have very few hks doesn't mean that my class isn't easy to learn. As I stated before, I've not been pvping long and I have 3 toons that I pvp with which would mean that my hks and rating won't be very high on any of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morvettewow View Post
    Just because I have very few hks doesn't mean that my class isn't easy to learn. As I stated before, I've not been pvping long and I have 3 toons that I pvp with which would mean that my hks and rating won't be very high on any of them.
    HK's mean nothing really. People that like BG's occasionally will have far more of them than people who only do arena (Arena's don't give HK's).

Either way, i have to be honest and.. you aren't doing very good on that feral druid so you are probebly a bad example of your own statement. Sorry

I'd say for someone who hasn't pvped at all until 1.5 months ago and is playing 3 tooms I'm doing pretty damned good.