Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I have a regular gurth on my Ret, it's not uncommon to go the length of a heroic encounter without a single proc, it's a real roll of the dice, and a crappy one at that. Been hoping my Heroic Specimen Slicer will drop so I can dump this junker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    I have a question, how do I check the DPS of the tentacles when they spawn. I currently use Recount. However, when I check pet damage, I only see my GoAK up there. Only at this one fight in the LFD where I didn't pop GOAK and the damage for the tentacles showed up. Is there a way around this?
    If you click the magnifying glass in recount, you can browse through whatever pet damage done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe, I remember when our Ret paly got Gurth the first week of 4.3. On our next Firelands run, I noticed that the tentacles alone where ranked on position 1 in his "damaging abilities". Even thought I am not a big paly player, I think the proc could be a little bit higher for our pink freinds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question, how do I check the DPS of the tentacles when they spawn. I currently use Recount. However, when I check pet damage, I only see my GoAK up there. Only at this one fight in the LFD where I didn't pop GOAK and the damage for the tentacles showed up. Is there a way around this?
    Recount will do it just fine, uncheck the box that says merge pets w/owners and it'll bring up every pet separate(will still say who owned the pet) from the owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

When you click on your name, and then click the magnifying glass you can click that middle frame, the pet damage frame, and it will cycle through all your pets. Most often it lists guardian first but you can easily view all your different pets this way. No need for any recount merge/unmerge etc.

Or just use Skada and it breaks everything down. I agree, Proc is horrible for ret. On my DK the proc ends up being like 12% of my damage as Unholy. Ret pally, not so much so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deamiel View Post
    Or just use Skada and it breaks everything down. I agree, Proc is horrible for ret. On my DK the proc ends up being like 12% of my damage as Unholy. Ret pally, not so much so.
    Regardless, I still beat Unholy DKs on dps, so I'm not one to complain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkiri View Post
    Regardless, I still beat Unholy DKs on dps, so I'm not one to complain.
    You should tell that dk to considers learning his class/rotation/gemming/reforging etc. since it's not normal to beat a dk.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    Sadly, this was wildly op for Ret so it got to the ground'd for them, compared to the other users. It is only OP (not wildly ;P) for warriors but not enough to nerf it, it seems.

It's still a good weapon though as stated.
    the only reason this was wildly op for ret was because of a bug where the tentacles would proc off of censure... which in my opinion, should to a degree proc gurthalak but then dks could make the agrument that their diseases should proc is....so its debatable.... but yea i have this sword on my ret, i like it even though the proc rate is shit most of the times

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Handofbloood View Post
    You should tell that dk to considers learning his class/rotation/gemming/reforging etc. since it's not normal to beat a dk.
    I'm not trying to turn this thread off-topic, stop it there.

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noujou View Post
    the only reason this was wildly op for ret was because of a bug where the tentacles would proc off of censure... which in my opinion, should to a degree proc gurthalak but then dks could make the agrument that their diseases should proc is....so its debatable.... but yea i have this sword on my ret, i like it even though the proc rate is shit most of the times
    It didn't proc from censure damage, it procced from Seal of Truth application. Regardless, changed is changed and we won't be "rebugged".
    Last edited by mmoc8b393fc574; 2012-04-30 at 08:11 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    SPEC. Chance/Min % of median
    UH 55 71%
    UH inc. Mast. 70 100%
    Arms 78 111%
    Fury 65 93%
    Ret 40 57%
    Ret inc. SoT 95 136%

/end

Armory : Fear@Cho'Gall UI Screen : Elv UI Wow Progress : Vindictive
    Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770

Deleted
    did you count the Arms mastery for the proc?

If you click on the pet damage display where you are currently seeing GoAK, it will toggle between different pet damage sources and you will see the tentacle damage.

Deleted
    Warrior. 2v2. Bladestorm. 4 tentacles at the same time, destroying both opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by 19maberco86 View Post
    did you count the Arms mastery for the proc?
    There's no reason not to. The only reason Unholy mastery is explicitly defined is because it does not increase the number of chances to proc, but it increases the potency (dmg/tick) of the tentacles you do proc. Hence, the "UH inc. Mast." chance/min number is a representation of how many procs per minute a class whose tentacles does baseline damage would need to compare to Unholy's (in DPS).

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer