Poll: Mario or Sonic?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    None , I'd rather go with Zelda , like OoT and Majora's Mask (and of course , some of the newer games as well).

I completely disagree, I think Sonic is a boring character and hasn't starred in a good game in 10 years. Mario wins in a landslide

Mario, because Geno is a bouse.

Sonic absolutely has the better character. He's more interesting with a real personality. Mario doesn't have that. Although Mario's most recent games have been better, and Sonic's... not so much aside from Generations, Sonic's highs are a lot higher than Mario's. Sonic >>>> Mario.

Big thanks to Safhira for my Signature!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Gog…

I disagree with your villian assessment.

Whether Bowser is easy or not doesn't really matter. Bowser is the personality behind Mario. Mario is just an avatar, but Bowser has flaws and good sides, and is funny. Maybe not so much in the plat-formers, but in every RPG this holds true.

Also, Mario has been making good games after the 90s, so...

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the early sonic games when it was just sonic, tails and robotnik in 2D. The newer 3D ones are just weird with all these random characters and the 3D perspective. so imma go with Mario for this 1 since his games are just much more enjoyable and easier 2 get into from past 2 present.

Deleted
    sonic is the best

Deleted
    I like Sonic more. It might be because I played Sonic back on SEGA ALOT(!) and never actually played mario that much. Even tho the Sonic games are pretty messy, I like them.

EDIT: No poll? O:

Sonic games give me a headache, so I have to go mario

10+ Year Old Account
    Both Sonic 2 and Sonic & Knuckles are incredible better than any Snes Mario game. New Sonic games are crap, but you can't ignore how great the old games were. Sonic > Mario for me, by a zillion points.

Sonic for me.
    Even if I suck at his games.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Dr. Robotnik.

---------- Post added 2012-04-24 at 11:30 PM ----------

Uhm. What? No multi player modes? Have you ever even played a Mario game in your life? Not even counting Mario Kart/Mario Party/Mario sports games when I say this either.
    Speaking meerly of the main series of both games, not spinoffs.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

The ones saying Mario has no character haven't played:
    Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
    (Most underrated Mario game)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    Do you still like Mario after these pictures? http://plumberplace.wordpress.com/20...remy-is-mario/
    Mario! Ron Jeremy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosur View Post
    The ones saying Mario has no character haven't played:
    Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
    (Most underrated Mario game)
    The epicness in that game was mainly thanks to Squaresoft.

The days before Squeenix, I miss you :'(

If you read up on video game history, you will find that console platforming was redeemed and saved solely by Super Mario Bros. Console gaming was literally falling flat on its face and going out of business, initially. We have all of our Xbox's, Playstations, etc. today thanks to Super Mario Bros appealing to such a wide playerbase and reinvigorating console gaming. Mario wins HANDS DOWN.

On a side note, I read the whole OP but kinda lost interest after the claim: "Luigi is the older brother". I mean is this serious? OP may want to educate him/herself on the games he/she is trying to compare. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Shadowygoodness; 2012-04-25 at 04:55 PM.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Neither. Link is obviously the winner.

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP.
    I agree with everything you say except Games.
    Sonics games are dreadful.
    Every spinoff is terrible.
    And every time they try to make it different it feels clunky and strange.
    I haven't even heard about these day mario games. Time machine, or what not. But they do try things, Luigis Mansion, Racing, Galaxy, etc.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I grow up with both and over all I like Mario games more over Sonic games. I also do not play sports games with out Mario in the title and I love the Mario party game sires. How every Sonic Adventurer 2 Battle is one of my favored games.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2012-04-25 at 05:03 PM.

Took a few years before they were really solidified as characters. Mario got his defining traits in Mario 64 and has stayed the same ever since. I think he's on the same level of charm as Mickey Mouse.

Then Sonic opened his mouth, and it was all downhill from there.

Bottomline is this "Sonic is annoying as hell and his games suck."