10+ Year Old Account

Best bet for Watercooling a GTX 680.

So it's upgrade time again for me, and I want to replace my HD5970 with a GTX680. I already have a good watercooling setup that should be able to manage a single GPU just fine.

So I was just wondering what the best way to go would be..

1. I could go for the EVGA Hydro copper, which would give me a 3 year warranty, which I'm not too worried about. It's $700, and currently sold out at newegg, the only Canadian e-tailer that carries it.
    2. Or I could get a regular card and fit an aftermarket waterblock myself, which I would not mind doing at all. Dazmode has the Koolance VID-NX680 for $130 in stock, and the EK-FC680 GTX - Plexi - Copper for $120 in stock.

If I went option 2, which block is better, and what kind of card should I go for? Just the cheapest reference card I can find, or something with a custom PCB?
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From my talking with Synthaxx, Cyanotical, and others, I'd concur with Synthaxx and say go reference, but also, apparently EVGA seems to be the most friendly regarding putting waterblocks on, so just wanted to pass that along to ya. ^_^
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I personally love the look of my Watercool Heatkiller block. Not sure if there's 680 version out yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    I personally love the look of my Watercool Heatkiller block. Not sure if there's 680 version out yet.
    Got a picture to share sir? ^_^
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Got a picture to share sir? ^_^

Well I guess this is just the backplate haha.

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/wahegp79fora.html
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy hell that is gorgeous....
    "A flower.

I personally use an EK Waterblock on my GTX 680's. I'd take a pic for you but I had to RMA one of my 680's. EK offers parallel and serial bridges if you decide to SLI. They are very slick looking. Also, Koolance is overpriced compared to other vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I have to advise against the bridges. I used one of the 3-way serial ones once. Because it's screw holes aren't prethreaded and it's all made out of acetel, it's an absolute pain to make sure it doesn't leak because it went in at a slightly dodgy angle.
    How long ago was this? My bridge was 100% threaded and fit like a glove.

Edit: I am using the Nvidia adapters with the bridge. Maybe the AMD adapters are different.

Newer blocks also shouldn't require any form of bridge.