10+ Year Old Account

Protection T14 bonuses + Spell Changes

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Item - Paladin T14 Protection 2P Bonus - New: Reduces the cooldown of your Ardent Defender ability by 30 sec.
    Item - Paladin T14 Protection 4P Bonus - New: Increases the healing done by your Word of Glory spell by 20%.

Not bad bonuses at all. Though I'd prefer a boost some passive healing or something that doesn't require us to sacrifice DPS / Threat, though. At least Word of Glory doesn't have a CD anymore.

All of the tank ones seems rather similar to be honest.

Item - Monk T14 Brewmaster 2P Bonus - New: Increases the chance to dodge granted by your Elusive Brew ability by an additional 5%.
    Item - Monk T14 Brewmaster 4P Bonus - New: Increases the damage absorbed by your Guard ability by 20%.

Item - Death Knight T14 Blood 2P Bonus - New: Reduces the cooldown of your Vampiric Blood ability by 20 sec.
    Item - Death Knight T14 Blood 4P Bonus - New: Increases the healing received from your Death Strike by 10%.

Item - Warrior T14 Protection 2P Bonus - New: Reduces the cooldown of your Last Stand ability by 30 sec.
    Item - Warrior T14 Protection 4P Bonus - New: Reduces the cost of your Shield Block ability by 10 Rage.

Spell Changes

Paladin (Forums)
    Baseline
    • Hammer of Wrath No longer generates a charge of Holy Power.
    • Seal of Truth now scales from 13.8% of Spell Power instead of 2.8% of Spell Power + 5.6% of Attack Power.
    • Supplication now lasts 8 secs, down from 15 secs. Now causes your next Flash of Light to be a critical.
    Talents
    • Holy Avenger now lasts 15 secs, down from 20 secs.
    • Selfless Healer now also reduces the mana cost of Flash of Light. Now reduces by 35%, down from 50%.
    Retribution
    • Emancipate now costs 15% of base mana, down from 25% of base mana.
    • Exorcism now scales from 79.6% of Attack power, down from 99.5%. Base damage reduced by 20%.
    • Guardian of Ancient Kings now has a 5 min cooldown, down from 3 min.
    • Mastery: Hand of Light now also affects Hammer of Wrath.
    • Sword of Light has an additional effect - Your spell power is now equal to 50% of your attack power, and you no longer benefit from other sources of spell power.
    Protection
    • Mastery: Divine Bulwark now scales from 120% of Spell Power, down from 225% of Spell Power. Now also increases the effectiveness of Bastion of Glory by an additional 120% of Spell Power.
    • Guarded by the Light now also increases your block chance by 10%. Your spell power is now equal to 50% of your attack power, and you no longer benefit from other sources of spell power.
    • Shield of the Righteous Reworked - Instantly slam the target with your shield, causing 5,364 Holy damage, increasing your block chance by 10%, and the amount you block by 30% for 6 sec, and causing Bastion of Glory. Bastion of Glory - Increases the strength of your next Word of Glory when used to heal yourself by 10%. Stacks up to 5 times.
    Holy
    • Beacon of Light now has a 3 sec cooldown, down from 10 sec.
    • Denounce base damage has been increased by 100%. Now scales from 122% of Spell Power, up from 61%.
    • Guardian of Ancient Kings now has a 5 min cooldown, down from 3 mins. Every time the Guardian heals, it increases your haste by 10%.
    • Holy Shock now deals 17,216 base damage/healing, up from 2102 base damage and 6522 base healing. Now scales from 115.6% of Spell Power, up from 57.8%.
    Major Glyphs
    • Glyph of Denounce has been reworked - Your Holy Shocks have a 50% chance to reduce the cast time of your next Denounce by 1.0 sec.
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2012-04-25 at 06:31 AM.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, although you've selected ret 4p rather than prot - our 4p is going to be +20% healing on WoG.

But yeah we'll have to sacrifice damage to do that healing, DK's won't, warriors won't be spending rage on anything else and monks are OP as it is, therefore we definitely got shafted.

Just gona wait and see but it's still hard to comment seeing as numbers in the set bonuses and on spells, are not final.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Death Knight bonuses also works pretty awesome together. Not only that, but Vampiric Blood is a cooldown you can pop "on cooldown" to help reduce pressure, but Ardent Defender has that lovely secondary effect that you might want to save for a certain phase / time on the fight. Situational though, but still.

The Shield of Righteous change seems rather fine. Seems like Word of Glory will be a whole lot more powerful.
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2012-04-25 at 06:37 AM.
    Hi

Well, actually, back when Cata launched, many paladins specced into many of the Word of Glory talents, myself included. It actually helped a lot during the raids and while doing heroics in some of the poorer gear. Eventually i was able to spec out of it, before they added the cooldown anyway. (I think it also scaled well with Vengeance, so was more beneficial in raids, too!)

They seem to really want us to self heal again, with the SotR change aswell. Don't i remember them saying they didnt want us playing that way, back when they added the cooldown to Word of Glory in the first place...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rinion View Post
    They seem to really want us to self heal again, with the SotR change aswell. Don't i remember them saying they didnt want us playing that way, back when they added the cooldown to Word of Glory in the first place...?
    When threat generation still kinda mattered and they thought tanks playing just like a damage dealer who happened to be taking the hits was how it was how it was supposed to be. Now the former isn't really the case and the latter has changed slightly.

I wonder if the 4pc for Protection scales in a percentage fashion with the Bastion of Glory stacks? That's going to be one incredible self healing mechanic if that's the case. If not, I'd expect it to instead scale the base heal of Word of Glory and then the Bastion stacks scaling that.. which if I'm thinking about it right will be lower, but I've been up all night so that might not be anywhere near the mark.

Also, more Ardent Defender is appealing. (:

Deleted
    can't say i really like the new SoR, it tries to be too many things at the same time (+damage +block +healing), so obviously it won't be great at any of this.
    I'd much rather have a selection of 3 finishers that are really really good at one single thing, and having to decide which one to use in any specific situation than a SoR that does a little bit of everything.

I doubt everyone will be going for 4p with that kind of wog cooldown, at least not for all fights.

It seems like they are really doing a lot for paladins this expansion, unlike the others. I am just happy about all of this, its gonna make tanking so much more fun!

It seems blizzard is trying to put us in between warriors and DK's in terms of how we survive. With the changes yo mastery and our 4 pc, we are going to be preventing less damage than a warrior, but healing for more, but less than a DK, while still having an edge in mitigation. We'll see how it works out. Before 4.1, I was specced for WoG healing with GbtL and EG.