Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

"Most achievements are account wide"

Hello,

Interesting thing I noticed while logging into the beta after tonights patch.

"Once earned, most achievements are account wide" or something along those lines. This was in the "tip of the day" area during the loading screen. Sorry for no screen capture I actually loaded way faster then usual.

Anyone else seen this? They have not officially confirmed this for release have they? But either way its nice to see it on the tip screen.... means its coming really soon

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd hope so

woohoo, now i can play my 49 alts without feeling like im wasting time!

Deleted
    That will really really cool, especially if we have mount/titles with (i do not want to redo the 5man dungeon of LK/cata...).

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Boohoo, now I feel that accomplishing things on alts will be waste of time...

15+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone else seen this?

Out of about 40 crashes in the last 15 minutes, I haven't seen it on any of my loading screens yet.

Quote Originally Posted by winkies View Post
    That will be really really cool, especially if we have mount/titles with it (i do not want to redo the 5man dungeons of LK/cata...).
    theres a new horsie icon on the menu bar that opens up a mounts/pets page, the impression i get from the UI, is that BoA mounts could be coming a lot sooner than we first thought.

<insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    Pets 0/500 o_O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ot4ku-mh View Post
    Pets 0/500 o_O
    That had me double check as well. Any confirmation on that insane increase in pets?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    That had me double check as well. Any confirmation on that insane increase in pets?
    They probably added a lot more for the pet battles

also it looks like that is both factions pets, since the argent squire and gruntling are both in that list. will probably get trimmed down for live.

god, that would be so. freaking. awesome.
    finally gonna make use of my old main which I don't play anymore

How does this work? If you kill a heroic raid boss on your main does that mean you get the achievement on your lowbie alts too?

It makes sense for pets and mounts and things that are just a grind like loremaster or something... but surely you can't get raid and arena achievements on every toon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpyhooves View Post
    How does this work? If you kill a heroic raid boss on your main does that mean you get the achievement on your lowbie alts too?

It makes sense for pets and mounts and things that are just a grind like loremaster or something... but surely you can't get raid and arena achievements on every toon?
    The achievements wouldn't be linked to a specific character. I can see them putting a level requirement on titles (i.e. you have to be at least high enough level to have earned it, or you can't use it), but since the achievements will be kind of like your RealID list (i.e. the same no matter what character you log on, on the same account anyway), then it shouldn't matter which character you are on.

i remember reading somewhere that you will only have the titles on characters that are the required level to be able to complete the achievement. not sure about achievements overall.

It was confirmed a while back. It'll work so that if you got the achievement for say LK normal, you will get it on any character that's 80 or higher lvl. And once you ding 80 on another char you will get it on them then. Something like that, going by memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpyhooves View Post

As far as we know, you will get most every achievement on every toon, though you can't use the titles you get from said achievements until you're at level to use them on that toon (So you couldn't have a level 1 toon with Savior of Azeroth, for example.)

We still don't have a definitive list.

Deleted
    I really like this new look =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    This much
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to the amalgamation of my PvP achievements. Some of them are random as all hell to get, you get them on characters you normally couldn't care less about sometimes.