Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Bounty Hunters are just badass. Its that simple.
    Not all bounty hunters - look at Greedo.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Not all bounty hunters - look at Greedo.
    Greedo wasn't that much of a bounty hunter; however to help make your point (that not all bounty hunters are awesome) just look at the incident with Boba Fett's jetpack, a (temporarily) blind dude named Solo, and the Sarlacc...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    Greedo wasn't that much of a bounty hunter; however to help make your point (that not all bounty hunters are awesome) just look at the incident with Boba Fett's jetpack, a (temporarily) blind dude named Solo, and the Sarlacc...
    Hes the only person known to escape the Sarlacc pit though

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Semantics issue: Mandaolre does not equal Mandalorian. Mandalore is the unofficial leader of the Mandalorians, as Mandos do not have a central government. As such, Mand'alor is typically the epitome of what the Mando'ade have to offer; considering that the Mandalorians were one of the few peoples that could actually pose a threat to the Jedi, the choice was really only logical. This should help explain the decision to use a Mandalorian - consequently, a Mandalore - for the template of the Republic's clone army.

And, I mean, what other faction has ever given the Jedi a real run for their money? The Sith? Couldn't have happened due to the Rule of Two and the ruthlessness that comes with proper Sith training. And Force-capable weapons - beings like Maul, Gorc, and Pic - tend to get swept up in the raw power of the dark side and lose their focus.
    It's one of those things with star wars really. After a while the legendary capabilities of some force or another is hard to get behind when they've got a long history of getting beat down and rebuilding only to get beat down again.

But my plan was more a matter of "take your best big guy and make lots of big troopers, take an ace fighter pilot and clone him to make pilots" and so on. It'd seem that Mandalore's would be not be a good "general soldier", but then my army would probably be droids.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Hes the only person known to escape the Sarlacc pit though
    I'll give ya that, but he's also one of the only "badass" characters that ever HAD to escape the Sarlacc pit... also, he had help getting out.
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    That doesn't preclude Boba from being a badass; just means that Solo managed to punk him...He always was the luckiest damn Corellian I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's one of those things with star wars really. After a while the legendary capabilities of some force or another is hard to get behind when they've got a long history of getting beat down and rebuilding only to get beat down again.
    Which is pretty much every major faction everywhere ever, including the Jedi and Sith.

But my plan was more a matter of "take your best big guy and make lots of big troopers, take an ace fighter pilot and clone him to make pilots" and so on.
    That, I think, is actually why a Mandalorian was chosen - I mean, Jango proves himself an able and clever pilot, a skilled martial artist, and a damn good shot; the Kaminoans took each of these traits and magnified them while, to an extent, suppressing others to create the different batches of specialized clones (pilots, commandos, etc.).
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!