Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    what i ask myself:
    isnt the sw: p part of the 4pc absolutly useless?
    or is the auto refresh with mf no longer in game with mop?
    no auto refresh. Since DP is gone, these are our two dots.
    Gear Score is the Jonas Brothers of World of Warcraft

Deleted
    oh wow, maybe i should read more about mop.
    thats absolutly new to me ^^

thank you for making this clear :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cham View Post
    I remember hating having to drop that T9 set bonus when I went into ICC. You fill those extra seconds casting other spells instead, hence why I think it becomes a more fluid rotation!
    In T10 content that was normal since Haste changed the entire duration of the dot unlike in Cata where if sufficient Haste is reached it gets another tick. DP lasted longer and SWP got autorefreshed so only VT had a frequent castinterval due to it's short duration. Thse setbonuses only extend the duration of the dot. How this is going to scale with Haste I have no idea but I find them in terms of design very bland and unoriginal. The Crit chance on MF can be very welcome, especially since we won't be casting MF's as much anymore due to all the proc crap going on. Unless you don't spec in them.

Looking back at T11 bonuses (which is when I started playing my priest as main), I really can't see a reason to complain about these bonuses. Could be a hell of a lot worse and both have their added benefits.

Deleted
    In the current build MF does a butload of dmg this 3 additional secs will give you atleast 40-70k more dmg only by casting MF not the most inspired bonus sure but it could be way worse

I'm going to miss Shadowfiend MS and MBing ):

Deleted
    We get the MS proc (assumeing its being taken) and the SW: D procs to make up for the MS/MB part going away imo.. If not, I'd miss the MS/MB rotation as well.. (Assumeing the SW: D proc is still around? Been a while since ive seen it)

I just woke up, so maybe I'm having a brain fart, but how is the 2 piece even a DPS increase? DoTs don't work like they did pre-Cataclysm, so all you're doing is saving a refresh GCD every 15s on VT, since Pain is not a DPS loss with the DP-esque front-loaded damage.

Adding 3 seconds to the duration doesn't = 3 more seconds of Mind Flay. That assumes you refresh a normal-duration VT, then stand there for 3 seconds doing nothing. All it does is save a single GCD every 15 seconds. At current amounts of Haste, you're talking about 1.2 seconds saved every 15. Furthermore, if that GCD happens to be some other spell needing to be re-cast during that 1.2 seconds, like a Pain refresh, it's a zero DPS gain?
    Last edited by tiporispit; 2012-04-26 at 01:57 PM.

They made a blue post about ALL the tier bonuses for every class and explained why almost all of them are % dmg mods or very minor ability changes. Basically the reasoning is that with a new xpac comes a whole new feel for almost every class, and throwing in another "rotation change" with the first set of tier gear is redundant and a waste of design efforts.

Every xpac has followed the same design theory so far too, it's just that complainers weren't as vocal in TBC and WotLK. The first set is generic, but the final sets of the xpac really start to add some flavor.

I for one 100% agree with Blizzard on this logic. It is *somewhat* disappointing to get a bland set bonus, but just a few minutes on beta will really convince you that you need to perfect the class changes the xpac brings as opposed to worrying about one content-wave's set bonuses!

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    I just woke up, so maybe I'm having a brain fart, but how is the 2 piece even a DPS increase? DoTs don't work like they did pre-Cataclysm, so all you're doing is saving a refresh GCD every 15s on VT, since Pain is not a DPS loss with the DP-esque front-loaded damage.
    Not sure what you are refering to if I'm am to be honest.
    The 2sec gives more crit to MF.

I think you are looking at the 4set bonus and then I can say the following:
    The less time you spend casting VT without droping in uptime the better dps you will do. The moment you cast VT it does NOT do any single damage at all and the cast itself is never ever a dps gain. However the dot it produces is.
    The same goes with Shadow Word: Pain. Even though it do have a small portion of instant damage it will never be as well spent as a MF. If that was the cast we would be better of casting Shadow Word: Pain every single global instead of MF..

I don't think people realy understand this so I'm going to try to explain if for you:

Say that you have a fight were you only use VT and MF for the argument to be easier:
    Action one will be to cast VT. That will take 1.5 secconds without any haste.
    The next ation will be to cast Mind Flay. If this don't have any haste either you'll be able to cast of 4.6 MFs before you have to refresh VT again.
    For the sake of numbers:

You will on a 3min fight cast VT 12 times if you refresh the dot perfectly. That's 18 secconds (110% of the fight spent casting VT).

Now say that you have the 4set bonus which will extend the duration to 18 secconds:
    That means you'll cast VT 10 times in a 3min fight. Aka 15 secconds.

So, three secconds you say? that's nothing. Well, that's a 3min fight and with only one dot, It's nothing huge, but it's good

Deleted
    As said above i feel this 4 set is quiet daft, id prefer something like the Mages/Warlocks with reduced cd on our cds over this. but guess we will have to wait and see how the rotation and stuff is going and how much of a upgrade this will be to normal

Deleted
    How would you reduce a cd if you don´t have any cd´s the only cd every spriest will have is SF if you would reduce the cd on AA or PI you would force players to pick them wich is against the intention of the new talent trees same thing goes for SF due to the new mindbender talent ...

Priests LOVED the t9 set. Priests should love the t14 set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Priests LOVED the t9 set. Priests should love the t14 set.
    Totally not same thing, T9 bonus synched dots and made rotation much more natural/easier, wont happen this time. 2P bonus is prolly good, 4P bonus useless outside multidot situations.

Like shadow priest in mop looked any strong from before, they even had to make shit tier bonuses. Yes I know it's beta and it might change a couple of 100 times.
    ^ I said it. It might be more fun, but it's shit.
    Druid // Muffinfetus - Priest // Agascha - Shaman // Healwithit - Warlock // Intimate - Rogue // Schylla

Shadow priests are becoming less "shadow-priesty" with each beta build.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

So much negativity in here. 4-set is great in my eyes. Once you got your 4-set and it's time for T15, I'm sure you'll be sad to drop it.