10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Opening Beta Causes my PC to Reboot

So yeah, the title say it. I Just came home from having the beta download while I was in college. When I turned on my monitor, first thing I saw was the Login Screen, which is awesome btw.

When I try to log in it freezes and restarts my pc. Any idea why? I noticed the beta seems to have installed itself in my Downloads folder, not sure if that means anything. And my PC's spec goes well above any minimum system requirements.

Deleted
    heres the known issues official thread https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ge/1#post23800
    check it, maybe your vga is having something to do with it

if not it may very well be anything from ram to power supply (there two are the more common when it comes to freeze\reboots)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks devonizer, I checked out the forum, read it, and I opened the beta client as an administrator and now the client is running smoothly and promtly told me when I signed in, that the beta event isn't happening right now, lol.

Deleted
    Glad i could hlep somehow

Even tho i'm surprised that running something as an administrator could have something to do with freezes, never happened to me before ^^ will keep it im mind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by devonizer View Post
    heres the known issues official thread https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ge/1#post23800
    check it, maybe your vga is having something to do with it

if not it may very well be anything from ram to power supply (there two are the more common when it comes to freeze\reboots)

Ugh, I put in my email/PW to log in and all the happens is the screen refreshes. Is that just me or what?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Ugh, I put in my email/PW to log in and all the happens is the screen refreshes. Is that just me or what?
    Same thing happened to me. After I logged in, I had to open the link again from this thread. Try that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    The link is ok, try to log-in first then open it, or just go for it yourself (theres only 3 thread wont be too hard )

Well I have an annoying problem... I had client at about 53% but wanted to play something so I exited the download and assumed it would pick back up where I left off... I was WRONG. I now have to re-download the whole thing.. :/ seriously?

Edit: Nevermind! I forgot to move the exe. into the same folder with the .Dat
    Last edited by Kylecat15; 2012-04-25 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    Well I have an annoying problem... I had client at about 53% but wanted to play something so I exited the download and assumed it would pick back up where I left off... I was WRONG. I now have to re-download the whole thing.. :/ seriously?
    No you don't. It started over at 0%, but you didn't lose any of that information you already downloaded. You're downloading less than you had to before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    If you look at the number of files remaining, you will see that it does continue.
    It says 0%, but it is downloading 100% of the 5,000 files instead of 100% of the 10,000 files. (<-- made up numbers, btw.)

I have a small problem... that my damn laptop WON'T EVEN PARTITION FOR BOOT CAMP RARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!?!?!??!!!

So... I might not even participate int he Beta this weekend....

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandrea View Post
    I have a small problem... that my damn laptop WON'T EVEN PARTITION FOR BOOT CAMP RARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!?!?!??!!!

So... I might not even participate int he Beta this weekend....
    Really dude? I had no trouble at all. It went so smooth. What are you having trouble with?

Quote Originally Posted by Wikram View Post
    Really dude? I had no trouble at all. It went so smooth. What are you having trouble with?
    Allows me to partition up to a point - then it just fails. For example, when I partition for 100gigs, it will go for about 5 min, then after those 5 min it says "certain files cannot be moved." Went to mac store, said I have to restore everything and reinstall Snow Leopard... then REPARTITION... so I am screwed for this weekend. Maybe I should download it on the Computers in Rutgers... wonder if I will get in trouble...

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandrea View Post
    Allows me to partition up to a point - then it just fails. For example, when I partition for 100gigs, it will go for about 5 min, then after those 5 min it says "certain files cannot be moved." Went to mac store, said I have to restore everything and reinstall Snow Leopard... then REPARTITION... so I am screwed for this weekend. Maybe I should download it on the Computers in Rutgers... wonder if I will get in trouble...
    Ahh, that sucks man. When you do reinstall Snow Leopard, use this link to guide you through the windows 7 installation. It helped me tons. And it shouldn't be a problem to dl it in campus.

http://www.codez4mac.com/forum/viewt...?f=212&t=55173