Deleted

Holy T14 Set Bonuses

I see that Prot/Ret have threads, but no Holy thread yet.

I thought I'd get the discussion going.

Item - Paladin T14 Holy 2P Bonus - New: Reduces the mana cost of your Holy Radiance spell by 10%.
    Item - Paladin T14 Holy 4P Bonus - New: Reduces the cooldown of your Holy Shock spell by 1 sec.

What do you guys think to our bonuses?

Deleted
    Boring. No imagination at all.

Hopefuly 2P bonus in an AOE spell is not an indication that the raid itself will be all about AOE healing, again...

Have they changed Sanctified Wrath recently? It would seem odd to create a 4-pc set bonus that a talent could potentally make useless. I know you could always choose one of the other 2 at that tier, but still, that's rather poor design.
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)

Deleted
    @Relentless: Why should the talent be useless? It only removes the Shock-CD when Avenging Wrath is active... Also I assume, Holy Avenger will be the best choice in nearly every situation.

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    Boring. No imagination at all.

Hopefuly 2P bonus in an AOE spell is not an indication that the raid itself will be all about AOE healing, again...
    I hope not too, but seeing that the 2 pc bonus for other healers isn't directed at their AoE spells, there is hope !

Item - Paladin T14 Holy 2P Bonus - New: Reduces the mana cost of your Holy Radiance spell by 10%.
    Item - Paladin T14 Holy 4P Bonus - New: Reduces the cooldown of your Holy Shock spell by 1 sec
    They are a little lack luster, however I still like them.

Since we will have static mana values, lowering the mana cost will be great, especially on HR since it costs so much in the first place. I would take 10% mana reduction over the current 5% added healing any day.

5 sec cooldown on Holy shock will be nice, especially since they just buffed the healing on it. Need to remember that Sanctified Wrath is mostly meant for Ret, however I could see it being useful for Holy in some ways to chain LoD for some serious AoE healing, pop AW, Cast HR , get 3 HP, LoD, repeat,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Need to remember that Sanctified Wrath is mostly meant for Ret, however I could see it being useful for Holy in some ways to chain LoD for some serious AoE healing, pop AW, Cast HR , get 3 HP, LoD, repeat,
    What you mean is Holy Avenger, not Sanctified Wrath, as the latter only removes the CD on Shock while under Avenging Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    5 sec cooldown on Holy shock will be nice, especially since they just buffed the healing on it
    Just note that Holy Shock healing WILL BE NERFED compared to latest beta version. It's way to OP atm (critting for 80k...).

its the first tier of an expansion, its purposfully lackluster
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Schockadin View Post
    @Relentless: Why should the talent be useless? It only removes the Shock-CD when Avenging Wrath is active... Also I assume, Holy Avenger will be the best choice in nearly every situation.
    Sorry, didn't mean to imply it would be useless 100% of the time, but it would still be basically undoing the 4-pc set bonus every time it's active. That's still poor design, especially given that the raid tier and new talents are being released together. It's not like they were implemented an expansion or two apart and might not have considered that.

Sanctified Wrath only affects it when Avenging Wrath is up - 1/6 of the time.

I still see the set bonus as being pretty strong and Sanctified Wrath as well. Holy Shock was buffed about 300% this build and now hits for around 30k non-crit at 85. It basically is as strong as a Divine Light is on live. It will no longer be a spell that is a throughput loss to use but must be used as much as possible because of procs/HP generation and is now something you want to use every CD no matter what.

Because of how much HS was buffed, and the fact Holy Avenger's duration was reduced from 20 to 15 seconds, Sanctified Wrath is now a valid option. It will especially be strong for fights where you want strong single target mobility, and for spread AOE healing.

Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    Sanctified Wrath only affects it when Avenging Wrath is up - 1/6 of the time.

I still see the set bonus as being pretty strong and Sanctified Wrath as well. Holy Shock was buffed about 300% this build and now hits for around 30k non-crit at 85. It basically is as strong as a Divine Light is on live. It will no longer be a spell that is a throughput loss to use but must be used as much as possible because of procs/HP generation and is now something you want to use every CD no matter what.

Because of how much HS was buffed, and the fact Holy Avenger's duration was reduced from 20 to 15 seconds, Sanctified Wrath is now a valid option. It will especially be strong for fights where you want strong single target mobility, and for spread AOE healing.
    I'm not saying the talent isn't useful. I'm not saying that the set bonus isn't useful. I'm saying that no set bonus should be completely invalidated by a talent choice 1/6 of the time. There's no way of getting around the fact that it's poor design.

Even if you assume they designed it with that in mind, that means selecting the other two talents would give 1/6 greater benefit. Do any other classes have a 4-pc that decreases in effectiveness by 1/6 if they choose a certain talent? Would you be excited about a set bonus that included in its tooltip "Effectiveness decreased by 16.6% when used with Sanctified Wrath"? I know I wouldn't.
    Last edited by Relentless; 2012-04-26 at 04:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I dislike the 2pc set bonus, I like the 4pc bonus tho.

I play a Hpala for our strong single-target/2-target healing, not for AoE healing. If I wanted to AoE heal I would just play my priest or druid.
    I'm glad I diden't focus on raiding this expo, I would have hated DS(even in terms of how it looks it just doesn't compare to ICC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    I dislike the 2pc set bonus, I like the 4pc bonus tho.

I play a Hpala for our strong single-target/2-target healing, not for AoE healing. If I wanted to AoE heal I would just play my priest or druid.
    I'm glad I diden't focus on raiding this expo, I would have hated DS(even in terms of how it looks it just doesn't compare to ICC)
    i'm glad you didnt play DS with a holy paladin, especialy 25 men. Its basicaly a 1 spell button, with cooldowns in-between. One of the worst raids in a long, long time for "healing finesse and complexity".

But its understandable why they did it an AOE heal fest. They couldn't up the single target damage or else we would go back to 2 shoting tanks, and they couldnt go for longevity fights since healer mana in DS gear levels was already near-infinite in most situations so they had to go for the most expensive spell-usease wich is normaly AOE heals.

With the recent nerf to intelect in MOP and making mana pools static i'm quite confident healing will be much more interesting and less spammy, unless ofc they totaly mess up with spirit regen formulae, but its easier to balance 1 stat than 2, so i'm hopeful.

Deleted
    really arent great set bonuses hopefully will be better in later tiers

First tier bonuses are always generic, boring and just kind of put their so you have some choices to make. T11 for every healer was just 5% extra crit on their lowest healing ability that was worthless after the first few weeks of Cataclysm.

That being said, these are slightly better in terms of first tier bonuses. With the increase in healing done by Holy Shock, the 4 piece is decent, but without any idea of what type of encounters will be in T14, it's hard to judge the 2 piece. Will there be a ton of raid damage like T13? Will we be spamming Holy Radiance still? It's just too early to make any real judgement of the set bonuses. But, I'm still okay with them for right now.