Thread: Beta Dilemma

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Only about 4% of my life. Sucks for the rest of you all.

As someone else said, do both.

god the bait is to great. i probably will be preorder thursday night and play in my free time. which i hope i have some of, but i wont be disappointed if i don't either.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't even be a question for me. Guild Wars 2 is taking priority over everything for me right now lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    Humanity? What humanity? We're all vulcans here.

I for one would rather bring a friend over and play than go out and have fun. I have more fun indoors. But I am, no doubt, somewhat weird that way.
    You're not as weird as you think. I have friends who go out on the town 2 or 3 times a week every week. They might just hate being at home or being by themselves or something. I have other friends who are similar to me; in that I prefer to chill at home/play games/movies/music etc most of the time. I still go out, but it's to see friends not to go out for the sake of going out.

Play a game that no progress will be saved in for a couple days? Or hang out irl with friends and possibly make memories with them you will never forget. I am so SIKED about GW2 I was in the last beta adn it was AMAZING, I know how you feel, but I also got invited to a party on the beach this weekend with a few good friends some green and an open bar. Gonna have a fire play some pool, way better than playing a game.

The choice was easy for me. IRL > Games every time. Why don't you do both? I'm playing Friday and sunday night since the party is Saturday. I'm sure your friends won't care.

I have to work on Saturday and my uncle is coming to visit from Friday to Monday. Sometimes life just throws you a curveball.
    So yh, I'll be missing this beta now regardless.
    Spend time with friends and family...GW2 will be there waiting for you when the actual game is released. I'm sure you could prob sneak in an hour or two here and there though. No reason you can't do a bit of both?

10+ Year Old Account
    Duude!
    I've done the same thing haha. I went out on Tuesday night to make up for not going to be with them this weekend :P

GW2 > Life
    For the beta only! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Arog View Post
    As awesome as GW2 looks to be, go out with your friends you will have a better time and won't regret it later.
    Unless you happen to wake up in vegas either married to your ex, or married to a pirate while missing a kidney. :P

All and all though you could probably fit in both, if not have fun with your friends. game isn't live yet, this is just a taste and gives us a chance to report bugs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    And, on a more hostile sidenote that I can't put in a news post. Seriously, who the fuck takes mmowned as a reliable source to the point where news sites will just repost it without any double check? Now I'm sad, or mad, or both. I don't know. >
    Thanks Boub for this epic sig! lol.

I've told all my friends that i'm going to play this weekend, and they accept it, because they're my friends, and we have lots of weekends/days to spend together having fun

Deleted
    If I read the OP correctly, you haven't been able to spend time together with all your friends in quite a while, correct? I could also safely assume that such an opportunity won't be likely to show itself in the near future?

If so, sod all of the people posting about "if they can't give you 72 hours when they have all the time in the world, they're no good friends". RL should always take priority over games, especially if it's a rare chance. You'll be able to play GW2 at release, probably during the next BWE as well, and you can see plenty of videos of people playing during the BWE.

Best case scenario, take an hour or two to show them GW2. Maybe that'll convince them to buy the game themselves.

Deleted
    If they were real friends they would be in the Beta playing with you.

Partey like a ROCKSTAR it's a game...

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

The game will be there when you get back.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    My friends actually banned me from partying with them during the beta, since I´m the only one that has the beta I assume they will all be stopping by in the next few days to check it out before they decide whether to buy gw2 or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I originally had some paintball and drinking planned, guess I'll do that next week
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest do something with them on friday and play saturday-sunday. I mean first day will be most laggy anyways (and most time spent in an overflow server).

You don't have to do the whole weekend with either party, just do both.

Deleted
    There will be more BWEs. Friends > a game still applies for me tbh. I will only be able to play on the Saturday myself.

It's my birthday tomorrow.. guess what I'm doing. That's right!

Guild Wars 2