Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Where will WoW top guilds be in GW2 - which world?

Since I've been a WoW player for a long time, I'd hoped that I will get the chance to play GW2 with somewhat likeminded people when it comes to general MMO gaming and some people who view WoW critically whether they like it or not. I hate fanboys and I hate calling one game "full of kids" or "retarded" or "it sucks" just because you hate it for some reason.

Even tho I have come to not enjoy WoW as much as I used to and I think it has gone downhill, I still have the utmost respect for the game and would like to play among people who feel the same.

That being said, I'd like to know where all the top WoW players will be so I can join them, since I myself am a highly competitive individual and would like to take GW2 seriously and be the best at what I do there.

So all of you PVE-ers and PVP-ers who consider yourself to be in the top league of WoW please respond.

Thanks for your time!

I imagine they'll still be on wow servers playing wow.

That being said those who do migrate will probably go to various servers for various reasons. I doubt that all the top guilds will communicate with each other and congregate to one single server. Unless perhaps they all are part of some illuminati-esque cult I'm not privy to.

Or you can roll with the cool kids and go on the MMOC guild server. That's a thing too. :3

For PvP Sorrow's Furnace seems to be the popular one. A lot of DAoC people are playing there. (DAoC is what inspired WvWvW in GW2)

Deleted
    Nowhere I hope.

Or at least all split up. Comparing guilds really won't matter in the same way it did in WoW, especially with the chance to represent multiple guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Or you can roll with the cool kids and go on the MMOC guild server. That's a thing too. :3

For PvP Sorrow's Furnace seems to be the popular one. A lot of DAoC people are playing there. (DAoC is what inspired WvWvW in GW2)
    which is...?

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do everyone here a favor and stay on wow. We don't want your kind.

That's more than a bit over the line. Please be respectful of other posters. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-04-26 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    That is just totally uncalled for...

Unless you're looking for a very specific group of high end players (i.e. a particular guild) I don't think you'll find on particular server where such players congregate before release.

Also worth noting that when you do a "server transfer" it moves all of your characters to the new home server.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-04-25 at 07:09 PM.

I see troll people they are everywhere! Just stay away from the thread if u've got nothing constructive to say

Deleted
    its nice to be important but its more important to be nice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    how nice

WoW players are welcome to join gw2 if they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Phishy714 View Post
    which is...?
    Cool Kids: A person which is cool
    MMOC: MMO-Champion
    Guild: A group of players who share a common goal or interest
    Thing: A thing
    PvP: Player vs Player
    Sorrow's Furnace: A realm for the Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event
    Sorrow's Furnace(b): A location in Guild Wars.
    DAoC: Dark Age of Camelot
    People: Human being
    WvWvW: World vs World vs World
    GW2: Guild Wars 2

Hope that explained everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Davesmason View Post
    Nowhere I hope.

Or at least all split up. Comparing guilds really won't matter in the same way it did in WoW, especially with the chance to represent multiple guilds.
    I am not trying to be an elitist. I just want a competitive guild, and during my WoW time i've seen some people that I'd hate to play with ever again. I'm in it to win it, and that's the reason I'd like a server filled with people who proved themselves in another game.

I think he's asking which server is the MMOC-guild's server

Quote Originally Posted by Asajj View Post
    I am not trying to be an elitist.
    No one said you were. It's isn't wrong to want to play with players who don't suck, especially in a game like GW2.

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I think he's asking which server is the MMOC-guild's server
    This is why you specify.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ild-Wars-Guild
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-04-25 at 07:12 PM. Reason: triple negatives

Quote Originally Posted by Asajj View Post
    I am not trying to be an elitist. I just want a competitive guild, and during my WoW time i've seen some people that I'd hate to play with ever again. I'm in it to win it, and that's the reason I'd like a server filled with people who proved themselves in another game.
    Considering that the game has no raiding, I don't think that what you are looking for is terribly important.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Considering that the game has no raiding, I don't think that what you are looking for is terribly important.
    See: Dungeon

There's no vertical raid tiers like in WoW. There is "endgame" PvE content. Specifically in the form of Explorable Mode Dungeons. However, there's also meta events and Story Mode Dungeons.

From what I understand, the PvE content is going to be very second-string in GW2. No healer class at all alone kind of breaks the normal dynamics of dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    there are dungeons which they say can be rather challenging, there are world bosses and there's WvW. You don't have to be skilled for PVE only.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    From what I understand, the PvE content is going to be very second-string in GW2. No healer class at all alone kind of breaks the normal dynamics of dungeons.
    Which is why every class has a self heal and can fill every role, and the combat rewards players who know their class and have good spacial awareness.

It definitely does break the normal set up for a dungeon or raid that you might be used to if you played WoW. Some people won't like that, others will.

I'm also assuming that this isn't a thinly veiled "lolpvpgame" type post, or else I wouldn't even reply to it.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-04-25 at 07:17 PM.

Nowhere.

Everywhere.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.