Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

Mists of Pandaria - made for children?

I can't be the only one that think Blizzard are going in the wrong direction with Mists of Pandaria. They are introducing these features:
    • Pet duels
    • Owning a farm
    Who honestly plays World of Warcraft and says "I've got to log in to duel my pet!"? Who gets a kick of these things? Go play tamagotchi or Pokemon if you wanna play a game like that. AND FARMS?! GO PLAY FARMVILLE OR SOMETHING!

This game is gonna attract new players who everyone who plays now will not want to see. The replies of this thread will be something like "You don't have to do it" but I personally don't like where the game is going...

WHO WANTS TO SEE A CAT FIGHT A RAT? WHO GETS A KICK OUT OF THAT!?

You have no idea how many college students play Pokemon.

last time i checked a horde quest was about a troll having his eyes removed by the native Hozen and its still bleeding.

yes what a kids game

No Tusk Club.

Deleted
    Yes, because 12~16 year olds aren't the ones that call it childish and just run en mass to shooter games and "adult" mmos. I play with about 10 people that are over 30 years old and all of them came back because they think MoP looks promising. Some like pet battles, some like pandas, some don't, but they all have a good impression of the overall content. The ones calling it childish are what you would usually call "kids".

So, instead of being able to raise pets or own a farm, you'd rather sit around inside town on your mount like 90% of WoW players currently do?

If you said yes, you need to quit, and no offense, get a life.

regarding the title, technically we are all our parent's children, regardless of age

Differing opinions are not allowed on this site...

OT: I agree

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    Don't see how that is relevant to this.. XD collecting pets for fights on wow is just a much worse version of Pokemon, Blizzard are trying to make their game appeal to everyone which will bring its downfall..

If you don't like Pokemon, you don't have to do it in game. It's optional. It's not forced upon you to get epic gear or advance through leveling.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

There's more teenagers and adults playing Pokémon today than children, mostly due to nostalgia, kids these days play Call of Duty.

The Sha are more violent and adult-ish than anything Cataclysm and Wrath offered, Wrath of the Lich King made skeletons and undead a running gag, Cataclysm had it's moments, but all villains became too generic by the end of the day. Pandaria's mysticism is way more intriguing than anything WoW has offered before.

You also don't have to do neither if you don't want to, it's merely for fun and made as time wasters, it's also made to make non-combat pets of any use. Don't like it? Don't do it.

Pokemon is optional, also, it finally makes companions actually useful.
    Howay the lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    i'm sure 95% of them play for nostalgia.

to OP: I agree that they are aiming for a younger demographic. The goofy looking Pandarens, especially the females, are impossible to take seriously. The colors are bright and unrealistic, and the game is looking more cartoony than ever.

The fact of the matter is, though, that they seem to have alienated so many of the original players that they HAVE to do something to bring in a new demographic. Not a single person I knew in TBC or even WotLK still plays today, for whatever reason. Those players are never coming back. If Blizzard wants more money (which is obviously their priority), then they need to do something drastically different and bring in some people who would never otherwise be interested.

Just be glad that the competition is looking better now than ever before.
    Last edited by anathama; 2012-04-25 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaaaan View Post
    Don't see how that is relevant to this.. XD collecting pets for fights on wow is just a much worse version of Pokemon, Blizzard are trying to make their game appeal to everyone which will bring its downfall..
    Given that you've taken the position that broadening the game's appeal will lead to its downfall, I'm not surprised that you wouldn't see the relevance to college age adults playing Pokemon and your assertion that it's just for young children. Anything else I might say will lead to nowhere useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaaaan View Post
    I highly doubt giving more people what they want will cause less people to play the game, if anything it's the opposite.

Yes, doing farm work or taking care of a pet; much more childish than riding a horse.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Deleted
    Funny how only kids are crying that the game is childish.

It's not like the rest of the game is gone and we only have pet duels and our own farm. Every other aspect of the game is still there, and in MoP there will be even more pve stuff to do like scenarios & challenge mode.

Your hardcorewtfownage HC mode is still there. It's not gone. It's there for you, and guess what? You dont need to spend 1 second on any farm or duel with pets.

Everyone I know who is looking forward to the pet battles is well into adulthood.

I'm not sure why they cross the line into childish more than, say, having a pet in general. Or transmogging to play dress-up. Or riding a giant kitty. Or getting your hair style changed. Or any of the other aspects of the game one could single out and proclaim "for children."

Or, you know, video games in general.
    Current Intermittent Availability - Please Contact Another Global

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| youtube | twitch | twitter |

"BLIZZARD THIS GAME SUX ADD THINGS FOR DO OUT SIDE RAIDZZ!!111!!" - pet battles and litteraly farming your own herb nodes /cooking meats i dont know why people hate this with their hearts and souls
    Your speaker volume BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU!

Yes, Yes it is totaly made for children, now cancel your account and kill yourself and safe humanity the hassle kk thx bye

Infracted
    Last edited by Migari; 2012-04-27 at 12:21 PM.