Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekerdud View Post
    So, I did some comparisons for the food available for leveling monks at the Peak of Serenity. If you didn't see it on page 38, there is a vendor at Peak of Serenity near some tents that sells buff food for 1 silver a piece to leveling monks. The NPC's name is Master Chang, which is a female Pandaren. When you Zen Pilgrimage into the peak, turn right and go down the stairs, she is at the left tent.

If you are stocking up, don't buy or make anything below level 80. Everything from the vendor up to the level 80 food is better than what you can make. After level 80, the current Cataclysm food is much better. Keep in mind this is leveling as WW or BM.

Here's the level 70 comparison:
    Vendor at Peak: Tiger Brew of Fallen Blossoms
    Cookable food (WotLK): Mega Mammoth Meal

Now, if Agility to AP conversion is the same for a monk as it is for a rogue, 1 agi = 2 AP. So with the brew, you get 45 agi which converts to 90 AP. With the MMM, you get 80 AP. Yeah, you also get stamina, but is 40 stam really worth worrying about when monks have a few self heals when in combat? I think not.

For level 80-85 however, going with Skewered Eel might be better; Here's the comparsion:
    Vendor at Peak: Tiger Brew of Serenity
    Cookable food (Cata): Skewered Eel

With the brew, you get 60 agility, which converts to 120 AP. With Eel, you get 90 agility, which converts to 180 AP. If you are trying to maximize the buffs and benefits you have for the speed run, this is the food to have on hand before starting.
    if you are awesome and go panda, even small boosts are important because of the double food buff they get.

i have a few stack of eel ready BTW. before i knew about the food vendor i had stuff preped and ready not a big deal

Going panda isn't "awesome"... at least for the purposes of this thread. The point of the discussion here is to level as fast as possible, whether it be for server firsts, just to be ready to raid within a certain time frame, or just for self accomplishment ("my lowest /played EVER"). Going panda on release will slow you down, due to not being able to have heirlooms or receive any other low level mail such as the level 2 agility elixir. Also the loss of benefit from starting as another class is having a guildie fly you around for the first few levels. Pandas can't do that.

Now, personally my plan is to start undead (because the new racial is pretty good for the self healing at lower levels). I can have a few guildies help me out by flying me or running me around on a motorcycle. You can't do that with a panda. I will probably decide to switch races after I hit 90.

Deleted
    Hi!

With the new addon I will play a gnome monk. Currently I'm not sure about the flight masters - is there anyone, who could give me an overall view when to go where for the riding and flying skills? Thank you!

Deleted
    Simple question...still cant find this out, even after lots of testing. 83-84. Deepholm or Uldum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    Simple question...still cant find this out, even after lots of testing. 83-84. Deepholm or Uldum?
    Where it's least crowded imo.

However, I prefer Deepholm because:
    a) you don't have to fly all the way to Tanaris/get a port to Dal to start
    b) lesser travel between hubs
    c) NOT A LOT OF CUTSCENES. ffs uldum has so much, especially if you're crazy enough to do the Indiana Jones quests.

Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    Where it's least crowded imo.

However, I prefer Deepholm because:
    a) you don't have to fly all the way to Tanaris/get a port to Dal to start
    b) lesser travel between hubs
    c) NOT A LOT OF CUTSCENES. ffs uldum has so much, especially if you're crazy enough to do the Indiana Jones quests.
    If you can get a friend to make port you to dal real quick that would work. You can then take the port to CoT and you're right there.

You can skip most of the cut scenes and I have leveled three chars after the xp nerf from 83-84 without touching Harrison Jones at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    If you can get a friend to make port you to dal real quick that would work. You can then take the port to CoT and you're right there.

You can skip most of the cut scenes and I have leveled three chars after the xp nerf from 83-84 without touching Harrison Jones at all.
    Dammit, I should've picked a mage to RAF on the slave account to 80. I still might, mage ports are useful, as are the cakes they make. 43 levels RAFd in 7 days? NP!