Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

So my accounts just been banned...

Hi MMO champions! I was just about to enter flex p3 when i got disconnected, i tried to log back in as you would expect only to find my account has received a temp ban. This has come as a complete surprise to me as i fell i have done nothing to get a ban and have not received any emails or in game notifications that i have done anything wrong. I still have not received a email or anything to explain why im banned or anything.

Is it normal practice to just ban people without giving a reason or a chance to defend themselves? This seems really disrespectful on blizzards part and really bad customer relations. Any advice guys and girls?

They'll send an e-mail eventually.. just have patience.

I got a 3-hour suspension once. The mail didn't show up until 2 hours into it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    They'll send an e-mail eventually.. just have patience.
    But doesn't it seem odd to you that they don't notify you before you get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    Hi MMO champions! I was just about to enter flex p3 when i got disconnected, i tried to log back in as you would expect only to find my account has received a temp ban. This has come as a complete surprise to me as i fell i have done nothing to get a ban and have not received any emails or in game notifications that i have done anything wrong. I still have not received a email or anything to explain why im banned or anything.

Is it normal practice to just ban people without giving a reason or a chance to defend themselves? This seems really disrespectful on blizzards part and really bad customer relations. Any advice guys and girls?
    As someone with expirence in false or overstated harrassment bans in the past, I can tell you this is how it usually goes down. The Numbers go by seconds

Second Number 1. A GM Messages you
    Second Number 2. You get disconnected
    Second Number 120-500. You receive an email

I will admit I find the practice to be poor, but thats just how it works, the GM does not give you the right to defend yourself (why should he, its not his job) and you can take it up with a ticket if it is more than 48 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    But doesn't it seem odd to you that they don't notify you before you get banned.
    They will, be patient.
    Just think what u have done.

Might be that you have had a bad language towards people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Probably "due to suspicious activity" which includes people trying to bruteforce your password

If you have done nothing wrong, you can unban yourself with a simple password reset(linked in the mail they send)
    For that password reset you need answer to secret question or some numbers from a product key registered on that account

Source: I have been banned "due to suspicious activity" a few dozen times, last one was on my 3rd account which i play twice a year, noticed it yesterday
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    As someone with expirence in false or overstated harrassment bans in the past, I can tell you this is how it usually goes down. The Numbers go by seconds

Second Number 1. A GM Messages you
    Second Number 2. You get disconnected
    Second Number 120-500. You receive an email

I will admit I find the practice to be poor, but thats just how it works, the GM does not give you the right to defend yourself (why should he, its not his job) and you can take it up with a ticket if it is more than 48 hours.
    But i got no email or message from a GM. This is terrible customer service for a game i pay £8.99 a month for when there are thousands of botters than seem to be ignored by blizzard.

Bad customer relations, aha. What are they supposed to do? Write you an e-mail and ask: would it be OK if we banned you?

If blizzard had any say in how quickly your email client of choice recieves and processes their email, then yes, it would strike me as odd.

Also, check your spam mail. Gmail is especially bad at putting blizzard emails into spam (even if legit) thanks to the innumerable amount of phishing emails that get sent "from" them.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Why should they warn you that a ban is coming? That just gives you time to move stuff to other accounts etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    If blizzard had any say in how quickly your email client of choice recieves and processes their email, then yes, it would strike me as odd.

Also, check your spam mail. Gmail is especially bad at putting blizzard emails into spam (even if legit) thanks to the innumerable amount of phishing emails that get sent "from" them.
    I tested this by doing a password reset and the email came through instantly so its definitely not that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    No. Why should they warn you that a ban is coming? That just gives you time to move stuff to other accounts etc.
    Because as far as im concerned ive broken no rules or harassed anyone etc so i should at least be given the opportunity to defend myself before i get banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because as far as im concerned ive broken no rules or harassed anyone etc so i should at least be given the opportunity to defend myself before i get banned.
    That will never happen because that would just give gold sellers etc. time to move stuff to other accounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    That will never happen because that would just give gold sellers etc. time to move stuff to other accounts.

So why not email me straight away at least? Its almost as if they want there customers to stop paying them...

I have had them do it and I never even GOT the email. A lot of times they have an auto ban program...usually runs around the beginning of the month, as I get tagged by it a lot because of my IP location being outside my billing area.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Bad customer relations, aha. What are they supposed to do? Write you an e-mail and ask: would it be OK if we banned you?
    Maybe send the recovery email when you get banned, not ages later

And yes, they should ask "would it be OK if we banned you just because some random dude tried to bruteforce your long random character password + authenicator"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

So why not email me straight away at least? Its almost as if they want there customers to stop paying them...
    What's your problem, really? You're just pissed off because you got banned, and it most probably happened for a reason. What do you think how it works? Do you imagine they're having 500.000 GMs sitting somewhere, receiving and answering ban appeal mails or phone calls? Also, what difference does it make that you haven't got your mail yet? You're suspended and that's it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    I have had them do it and I never even GOT the email. A lot of times they have an auto ban program...usually runs around the beginning of the month, as I get tagged by it a lot because of my IP location being outside my billing area.

This could be why im banned cus my ip is a good 100 miles from where i actually live for some reason. But i would think this would lead to the account being locked not banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious, since you have stated at least twice that you need to 'defend' yourself, yet you also say that you have done nothing wrong.
    This just seems fishy to me.
    I also get the feeling by the fact that you are coming here with your verbiage and tone that you either:
    do know what you have done wrong, and are playing stupid with us;
    or you did something in game that was obviously ban-able and you are clueless to the fact that it is offensive, and thus ban-able.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that banning people and sending emails are handled by two different departments, and because of thanksgiving sending emails have low priority atm.