Thread: Completly lost.

Completly lost.

So i started rift the day it launched and hit the level cap a few days later. Got raid ready within the next few weeks then quit due to me being on a completly dead server. Ive heard alot of good stuff and updates the past year and i wish to get back into the game. I have 2 lvl 50's and i just logged in and i have no idea of where to go or what to do.

The main toon im playing is the rogue archer/bard soul but im not sure the best way to get back into the game.

Any help would be great, I hardly remember much from the few weeks i did play.
    Last edited by pDub; 2012-04-26 at 02:46 AM.

Well, it's a theme park MMO with a instance raid focused endgame. @50 you grind dungeons, dailies or zone events then go off raiding with a guild or PUG as you like.

There is a level 50 zone called Ember Isle easily found by speaking to the NPCs in the capital. The I key opens the dungeon finder, NPCs in all zones offer daily quests for this or that- close 10 rifts, kill 100 flaming toads, etc. Dungeons reward badges used to buy pre-raid gear from the city NPCs.

Pretty easy to understand. It's all fairly obvious after 10 mins of running around the capital city.

Although there are a LOT of difference currencies.
    So take the time to read their descriptions and where they drop, otherwise you'll likely get confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Although there are a LOT of difference currencies.
    So take the time to read their descriptions and where they drop, otherwise you'll likely get confused.
    Or read this post

Best piece of advice is find a friendly guild to help you find your feet, and depending on your gear you should primarily focus on doing dungeons or raids, picking up Inscribed Sourcestones from rifts and invasions on the side.

Pit Lord Tarien, thanks for that link. It should be on the wtf is Rift -thingies(was it?). But, are there any other lazy 'casuals' like me, who hack around the invasions, do a rift or two, do one or two of those 1/2 person challenges. And all this on a 4 hours a week schedule? Or, well 40 hours a week - but still keeping it casual..
    I've been playing a tonking cleric, last dungeon i did was the lvl 30+ so pit... in the endless.. court.. thingy.. I Really liked the leveling, even tho i knew and had a duracelly build, but i didn't use it. Nowadays i got Great Stats, 9,7k hp + stuff, but I haven't done any normal, or expert dungeons at lvl 50, 'cause i really don't see the fun in them, loot sure, but invasions & instant adventures are a lot more engaging.
    Tho the new guild finder with all the perks is a bit enticing, I like the 'Join Group' button and the friends that it comes with it seems to be enough for me. Oh, and the people i bought my blocky stuff (which is really cheap, it seems).
    So rambling really, resubscribed twice, just missed the 79e deal for year, would've got it.
    Oh, if someone has a link for streamlining the fpsies on the game, i got 'quite' good comp, i7 2600k, 560ti and still 21 fps on the stillmoor grass fields. No, turning them off is not an option, they soothe me....

P.S. I like the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Hang on OP, you hit 50 in a few days, geared up, and had another 50? No wonder you quit... slow down, relax, explore the game.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."